40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Hey kids, hope all is well. I took it light today since I max out tomorrow on strict press, squats and bench.

Keep up the good work everyone.

• Railgrl
    Railgrl Posts: 21 Member
    Hi! I’m a 47 year old woman in Vancouver BC. I don’t have the same goals or path as many MFP members. Im not looking to sculpt my bod or drop loads of pounds in the short term. My goal is to maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle in a sustainable manner despite a busy career and family life. I would love to have some friends in similar situations. Friend me!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I did weights last night!!! Booyah!!!

First time this month...I know I know, but it was vacation!!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Hey kids, hope all is well. I was totally distracted today. My brother was walking home from work and noticed a guy walking near him and was shot in the face with a 22 caliber. The police said if the gun had been bigger, he'd be no more. He's in shock trauma with serious injuries. My adrenaline is through the roof. I'll put in a good workout in a few hours.

OMG! I am so sorry to hear this.
  • sdereski
    @nossmf - am sorry to hear of your wife's accident. Hope she and your daughter are recovering well.
  • sdereski
    Back from vacation and trying real hard to get back into the swing of things. Came home to -22C and loads of snow. Ugh! Hard to get myself outside to walk.
    I did get out yesterday (well, did some indoor walking) and did a 5km walk and some stationary cycling which I totally forgot to log. Oh well, I got 'er done.
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Railgrl wrote: »
    Hi! I’m a 47 year old woman in Vancouver BC. I don’t have the same goals or path as many MFP members. Im not looking to sculpt my bod or drop loads of pounds in the short term. My goal is to maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle in a sustainable manner despite a busy career and family life. I would love to have some friends in similar situations. Friend me!

I'll friend you. I'm on the Island with the same sort of goals.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Hey kids, hope all is well.

I maxed out on bench and the goal was 50 kilos. My max today was 45. I will keep forging ahead.50 kilos you're mine. Cardio oh cardio you drive me crazy.

sdereski welcome back.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,956 Member
    Ok, so by the time I got relieved from work my wife and daughter were already being discharged from the hospital, they were only taken as a precaution and other than whiplash and general soreness were passed as medically sound.

The truck also came away virtually unscathed. My wife drives a suburban, all one massive hunk of steel; the idiot who rammed into her from behind drove a little mini which got smashed, amazed it could drive away at all; my wife's rear bumper was dislodged a bit, but otherwise the truck wasn't harmed at all. Had it been my little commuter car, it would've been totaled; had she been hit from the side or front, lots of trouble and injuries; but because he hit the trailer hitch on the rear, practically nothing.

When the guy took off, a Good Samaritan witness jotted down the license plate and followed him, using his cell phone to help police narrow in on the guy. After a brief chase the police boxed him in, but even then the guy took a swing and paid for it with a broken nose.

When my wife was discharged from the hospital, the police officer taking her statement assured her they got their guy, who was facing in a single shot charges of DUI, hit-and-run from an accident causing injury, then resisting arrest and assaulting an officer. Boy, his life is about to change when he sobers up! I'm just glad he was stopped before he could seriously hurt anybody. My wife and daughter got lucky; somebody upstairs was looking out for them!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Bulk:Legs...Back & Arms"=Done! (Tuesday, Wednesday and today). I've been slacking with posting here, but not on the training. I've been going through the "joys" of car shopping. had to take the old heap "behind the barn", then had to find a new insurance (SCAM) co. the $$$ i'm now saving will pay for the new car payments.
  • caramelgyrlk
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "Body Beast Bulk:Legs...Back & Arms"=Done! (Tuesday, Wednesday and today). I've been slacking with posting here, but not on the training. I've been going through the "joys" of car shopping. had to take the old heap "behind the barn", then had to find a new insurance (SCAM) co. the $$$ i'm now saving will pay for the new car payments.

Flex your muscles and take no crap from those slick salesman. Since it's the end of the year, you should find a good deal. My sentiments about car insurance SCAMMERS.

Hug the princess for me.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Great day kids, my dogs wore me out during our hike today. Every bit of me is sore. They passed out when we got home. I'm jealous they can fall asleep so quickly. I max out tomorrow on deadlifts and squats. Hope my body cooperates.
  • caramelgyrlk
    nossmf wrote: »
    Ok, so by the time I got relieved from work my wife and daughter were already being discharged from the hospital, they were only taken as a precaution and other than whiplash and general soreness were passed as medically sound.

The truck also came away virtually unscathed. My wife drives a suburban, all one massive hunk of steel; the idiot who rammed into her from behind drove a little mini which got smashed, amazed it could drive away at all; my wife's rear bumper was dislodged a bit, but otherwise the truck wasn't harmed at all. Had it been my little commuter car, it would've been totaled; had she been hit from the side or front, lots of trouble and injuries; but because he hit the trailer hitch on the rear, practically nothing.

When the guy took off, a Good Samaritan witness jotted down the license plate and followed him, using his cell phone to help police narrow in on the guy. After a brief chase the police boxed him in, but even then the guy took a swing and paid for it with a broken nose.

When my wife was discharged from the hospital, the police officer taking her statement assured her they got their guy, who was facing in a single shot charges of DUI, hit-and-run from an accident causing injury, then resisting arrest and assaulting an officer. Boy, his life is about to change when he sobers up! I'm just glad he was stopped before he could seriously hurt anybody. My wife and daughter got lucky; somebody upstairs was looking out for them!

Glad your family wasn't seriously injured.

I had to appear in court for my drunk driver accident and he was given 6 years with all suspended but 18 months. He only served 6 months and was out free again.

There's no excuse for impaired driving.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Hot Hiit done. Hope all is well kids.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Did a 4 mile hike with the pup today along the Snake River. Could not keep her out of the water. She's sleeping now. HAHA!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • MCeeCee
    MCeeCee Posts: 25 Member
    Hi all! I turned 40 a few weeks ago. 🎉

I've been on MFP since summer of 2018. Didn't realize there was a community until a few days ago. With the MFP and great support, I was able to lose 35lbs and maintain.

I'm now struggling with my last 10lbs. But, I'm looking to lose fat in THOSE areas and build lean muscle, so I'm starting to just now focus on that.

So happy to be part of this community. Please feel free to add me.

Wishing you all the best in your journey. ✌🏼❤
  • HamptonsGuy
    HamptonsGuy Posts: 72 Member
    Week 13 of P90x begins today. I didnt look but believe it to be a rest week. If thats the case then Ill do the elliptical for 35 minutes each day or walk outside of the weather cooperates. Then Ill begin again another round
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done! with Vest & Sandbags!!!