Vent out your bad news here

mommabear4315
mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
edited November 2019 in Chit-Chat
3z65obbeyjoi.jpeg
So I got some bad news this morning. Granted it’s not serious but still my sunshine was taken from me. Here’s mine ...

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    3z65obbeyjoi.jpeg
    So I got some bad news this morning. Granted it’s not serious but still my sunshine was taken from me. Here’s mine ...

Glad I decided not to finish my breakfast this morning since it was leftover Beyond Brats I cooked up a couple of nights ago.
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    edited November 2019
    I made Beyond Burgers the other night for the first time and they looked/smelled exactly like my cat's Pâté food. They did not taste great either. Regular beef/turkey burgers for me, still.
  • mommabear4315
    Yup not touching it.
  • bobbybaratheon
    bobbybaratheon Posts: 7 Member
    ellie117 wrote: »
    I made Beyond Burgers the other night for the first time and they looked/smelled exactly like my cat's Pâté food. They did not taste great either. Regular beef/turkey burgers for me, still.
    Beyond burgers are disgusting.

Taste like rubber
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    My wife is sleeping with her brother

@_Miss_chievous_ !!!!!!!!!
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited November 2019
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member

xywvm7xsdh72.gif

h60hzwunfhxk.jpeg
  • bobbybaratheon
    bobbybaratheon Posts: 7 Member

xywvm7xsdh72.gif
    Lannisters
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    edited November 2019
    3z65obbeyjoi.jpeg

Glad I decided not to finish my breakfast this morning since it was leftover Beyond Brats I cooked up a couple of nights ago.

damn just bought my son the impossible burger from BK last weekend...oops...
    I texted this info to him, and he responded via text....I thought it was dry..LOL
    I responded that I informed you that you ate dog food that was disguised as a burger last week, and your response is that it was dry??!! LOL
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    i had reality check yesturday. i've been driving a car licence for over ten years, well yesturday i was checking into motorcycle class that all you need is class 7 learners or class 5 car. well i always thought there was learners stage for each level you go with your licence. i feel like a dumb butt i truely didn't know this
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    3z65obbeyjoi.jpeg

per Snopes (https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/impossible-burgers-dogfood/):

there are shared chemicals in vegan dog food and plant-based burgers. In our view, two shared ingredients out of a combined 46 (in the case of Beyond Meat) or 10 shared ingredients out of a combined 48 (in the case of the Impossible Burger) do not meet the threshold for being “indistinguishable,” and as such we rank the claim mostly false.

Good to know. To be fair, I was put off of my breakfast simply because it didn't interest me as much as I thought it would, not because I had a faux brat in it.

Beyond meat products are okay, but definitely don't expect them to be like an actual meat product. But not a terrible replacement texture wise.
  • mommabear4315

Oh man sorry
  • mommabear4315
    1sphere wrote: »
    sick, and I got told to go home, I shouldn't have went in

Feel better
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    ellie117 wrote: »

I bought the real Beyond Burgers once. Even though I am not a cat owner and last handled cat food over 40 years ago, I thought they smelled exactly like cat food. (There are other brands of plant-based burgers that don't have this problem)

I don't really care if the ingredients are similar to dog food, there's nothing weird or offensive in dog food. And I spend almost as much on my dogs' food as my own.