What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Forgot to report 11/21: Spin class, mostly Z3, a little Z4.

11/22: Rowing machine, 2 x 2K on, 2' break & CD before breakfast (which was at 1PM :lol: ); repeat same in late evening, for a total of 8,932m including the row in/out and CDs, easy intensity, around 2:37 average at 19-22spm, trying to hold HR < 140 (hit 143 on last piece, so minor fail). Pretty much just Z3.

Musing: "Ugh" and "erg" sound so similar. Coincidence? ;)

It turns out evening team erg practices with mild to large amounts of snark when we're talking (so before our main workout and sometimes between pieces) and followed by dinner with the people who were there makes erging not so ugh inducing ;)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,955 Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Forgot to report 11/21: Spin class, mostly Z3, a little Z4.

11/22: Rowing machine, 2 x 2K on, 2' break & CD before breakfast (which was at 1PM :lol: ); repeat same in late evening, for a total of 8,932m including the row in/out and CDs, easy intensity, around 2:37 average at 19-22spm, trying to hold HR < 140 (hit 143 on last piece, so minor fail). Pretty much just Z3.

Musing: "Ugh" and "erg" sound so similar. Coincidence? ;)

It turns out evening team erg practices with mild to large amounts of snark when we're talking (so before our main workout and sometimes between pieces) and followed by dinner with the people who were there makes erging not so ugh inducing ;)

Here, it's just me and the $(*#&^ machine. No team workouts this year (long story).
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Morning stretches
    Head to gym and more stretches/warm-up 45min
    60 min with personal trainer, strength training
    20min cardio elliptical
    30 min stretching
    spa and sauna!
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Day 0023:

Called Leg Day off. Woke up sore, nbd. It happens. Weather changed as well, nbd, it happens. Joint pain that also accompanied muscle pain that's clearly DOMS is a pretty good sign to just take the day off, enjoy my normal day off tomorrow, and come back strong with Arms Day on Monday, and back to Leg day on Tuesday.

Long term plans don't need short term rushes, that's for sure. My glutes, calves, and hip muscles all feel like they've been worked hard and well and need more time to recover from Wednesday.

So protein, rest, and a good hot roast in a tub ar my workout today.
  • HamptonsGuy
    HamptonsGuy Posts: 72 Member
    Today is Saturday and in my 6 day workout week, this is cardio day. Seventh day is rest. Starting week 13 of P90x, next week. I did 19 workouts n September, 22 in October. November my goal is to continue to increase my workout days...
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    I went climbing for just under 2.5 hours. It was an OK session, but not outstanding. It was my first time at this gym for over two months, and all the routes had been reset. I fell off a few at the end I would definitely have got had I been less pumped.

So I want to go back to this gym soon to finish my projects.

I am going for a recovery swim this evening.
  • aokoye
    14,380 m in an 8 on a very cold morning. It was beautiful and the water was really flat, but it was in the air temperature was in the mid 30s, water was 50F (according to USGS sensors that I looked at after the fact).

Tomorrow it should be around 10 degrees warmer which is great but next Saturday's temps are forecasted to be in the high 20s, in which case practice will likely be called off because icey docks aren't safe - though if the roads are icy I won't be able to get there regardless.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Sat 11/23: Full body weight training & 32 min spin bike
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,125 Member
    An hour of strength training followed by a 30-minute swim. And of course some time in the steam AND the sauna.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,955 Member
    $ x 2k on, 2' off, last 2' CD, all in one sequential chunk, because I'm boringly repetitive. Sticking around the very easy splits that were keeping HR < 140 previously, around 1:35 or so pace at lower rating (average 20), but drifting a little above HR 140 by the last piece especially, high enough to pop slightly into Z4 a little bit off and on, so backed off to 2:37 on the last 10'. 34' Z3, about 5' each Z2/Z4, negligible Z1.
  • aokoye
    9.2km in a quad. Nice water and warmer than yesterday. I'm getting a lot better at a lot of things in terms of sculling. Unlike lifting, the progression is far from linear, but it's so much fun and extremely rewarding.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Jazzercise. 500 calories burned for 40ish minutes of cardio and 20ish minutes of strength training. Dripping with sweat, and already feeling it in my muscles. #notyourmommasjazzercise
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited November 2019
    Toady, I did:

30 minutes swimming, quite slowly. I did (I think) 1.2 km, but my counting may be out a bit.

75 minutes bouldering. A good session. I got two projects, and had one hand on the final hold of another two. (I fell from the top of these a few times.)

• surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    1+ miles swim... a bit of meandering in the surf, and through the coral reefs... saw plenty of fish today!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Sunday 11/25: 40 min spin bike.
  • nohahorizon84
    nohahorizon84 Posts: 3 Member
    Today is the first day in my new strength training Schedule, I hope it works out for me :)

So I did 20 min on the Elliptical for warm up
    then chest & Back workout with 2 Kg of weight including:

Lawn mower rows 4*12
    Push ups (Knee) 4*10
    Butter Fly Press 4*12
    Bent Over Rows 4*12
    Standing Chest Press 4*12
    Then 35 minutes cardio on the Elliptical
    Stretching for 20 minutes

Working to establish this mind muscle connection
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Day: 0025

Feeling really pleased with my first month at the gym. This is Week 0004, but I'll be out of state and won't be back at the gym after tomorrow, until December. Seeing gains in my workouts, my numbers, my results, and myself.

Stretching: 13:48 *Increase Stretches and Maintain*
    Felt good. Did some deep calf stretching before I left for the gym, and did more at it. Stretching throughout workout to stay limber.

Cardio: *Maintain 02 Weeks*
    Treadmill - 15:37 - 1 Mile - At a jog the entire time.
    Really pleased with this. After cramps in calves last week, and calling off my last Leg Day to be safe, it was really nice to have tons of energy in my run and just lock into a good jog pace, work on breathing, and keep on keepin' on. Could have gone much faster or longer, but I was only really trying to do half a mile before my workout. Could have done a full 5k today. Would have after my workout as well, but I have things that need doing more than me being exhausted in the morning.

Bench Press: *Maintain Weight and Reps for 01 Weeks* - Bar + 02(45lbs)
    01 x 15 Reps - 135lbs
    01 x 10 + 05 Reps - 135lbs
    01 x 06 + 03 + 03 + 02 + 01 Reps - 135lbs
    These are full press sets, stop, pause, reset, and do another set of reps. That's why they're broken into groups. My goal is to be able to do 03 x 15 @ Weight without pauses.
    Progress, nonetheless.

Hanging Leg Raise: *Add Full Extension Lifts and Maintain 04 Weeks*
    03 x 15 Reps - Bodyweight
    I tried (and did) the first 5 reps while doing twists, but this frame wasn't really made to do leg raises with twists.

Seated Bicep Curls: *Maintain Seated Bicep Curls and Add Bar Curls Back*
    03 x 15 - Reps - 2(20lb) free weights.
    Felt it in the second set. Slow and steady burns the arms.

Tricep Press: *Maintain Weight 01 Week and Increase After*
    03 x 15 Reps - 125lbs
    These are easy enough to do. Really being cautious in upping the weight again. Better not to rush.

Row Machine: *Maintain 04 Weeks and/or Drop Weight*
    01 x 15 Reps - 110lbs
    01 x 10 + 05 Reps - 110lbs
    01 x 05 + 05 + 05 Reps - 110lbs
    This machine/weight feels so heavy. I usually can do set 01 start to finish without issue. Maintaining weight and just giving it time will likely pay off.

Leverage Shoulder Press: *Maintain 60lbs for 02-04 Weeks*
    01 x 15 Reps - 60lbs
    01 x 15 Reps - 60lbs
    01 x 05 + 05 + 05 Reps - 60lbs
    Exhausting. Meant to do 55lbs not 60lbs. Will maintain at 60lbs though.

Cable Row: *Maintain 01 Weeks and Increase Weight 10-20lbs*
    03 x 15 Reps - 115lbs
    Can do these pretty easily. Effort feels good and no sense rushing a ton more weight. 10lbs in another week will likely be really good. I feel it in the 3rd rep set in a good way.

Abdominal Machine: *Maintain Weight 04 Weeks*
    03 x 15 Reps - 65lbs
    Increased to 65lbs. Felt okay, had that slight tingle of "if you overdo this you'll cramp, so be easy". Will maintain this for 4 weeks or until I feel I can safely do 70lbs.

Incline Bench Press: *Maintain 04 Weeks* - Bar + 02(25lbs)
    02 x 15 Reps - 95lbs
    01 x 10 + 05 Reps - 95lbs
    I added this replacing my closed grip shoulder press to get more micro-muscular control exercises into my routine, and because it felt really good as an add-on to my workout last week. Will continue to do this one at a lower weight than my main benchpress. Finding out where I need to be under the bar, at what height, and at what grip width is a learning process still.

Cable Lat Pulldown: *Maintain 02 Weeks and Increase Weight*
    03 x 15 Reps - 110lbs
    The cable version of this machine felt so much better than the machine version otherwise. Widebar pulling down to my chest felt good. Overall can increase weight safely in 02 weeks or so.

Assisted Pull-Up: *Maintain Assist 01 Weeks and Decrease Weight Assist* - Assist 220lbs
    01 x 10 Reps - 220lbs Assist
    Could barely do my 10. Focusing on form.

Assisted Dips: *Decrease Assist to 180lbs and Maintain 02-04 Weeks*
    01 x 15 Reps - 220lbs Assist
    Could have done 10-20 more reps easily. Had more, no sense to push it though.

Tricep Rope Press: *Increase Weight 05lbs and Maintain 02-04 Weeks*
    01 x 15 Reps - 44lbs
    *Add-On Exercise*
    Bar Curl
    01 x 15 Reps - 30lbs
    *Back to Main Exercise
    Tricep Rope Press
    02 x 15 Reps - 44lbs
    Felt good. After first set, needed to do something during wait, so grabbed a fixed bar and did a curl rep set.

Pleased with my progress overall for a month into being a gym rat. Will be looking forward to how well I do in December. Leg day tomorrow, and I genuinely do not look forward to that at all. Still, onwards and upwards.

Good luck to everyone else!