What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• taitan2307
    taitan2307 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Today had a routine planned but had to shelve it.
    Had a restless night due to a headache from HELL.
    Recuperating for now
    Plan to walk the open track doing a brisk walk with leg weights for 3km. That is 3x around the track. The open air and calming view might help my brain fog and physical exhaustion.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    10 mile run. Possibly last long run before my next half marathon but I might get another 10 in.

5/3/1 cycle 3 week 2 squats and shoulder press (would normally have done these tomorrow but school holidays means I have to fit everything in as and when I can)
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    taitan2307 wrote: »
    Today had a routine planned but had to shelve it.
    Had a restless night due to a headache from HELL.
    Recuperating for now
    Plan to walk the open track doing a brisk walk with leg weights for 3km. That is 3x around the track. The open air and calming view might help my brain fog and physical exhaustion.

Way to listen to your body and give a needed break!
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
    Two 45 min spin classes (26 miles)

Today:
    Swam laps for 50 min (2750 yards)
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Rest day! And meal prep day for me!
  • jontracy99
    jontracy99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Tonight I will practice martial arts and do a 30 minute fat burning routine.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,058 Member
    Options
    Does it count that I spent 3 hours helping some (40 years younger ;) ) friends load/unload a good-sized U-Haul truck, 1 car, 2 SUVs and a pickup so they could move from an apartment to a house? (Yes, I carried heavy furniture.)

Sunday is my rest day. :lol:
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    7/28/2019

Wharf to Wharf 2019 - 6.0 miles in 53:34 official results. According to Garmin, 6.07 miles in 53:37. Lots of first mile traffic so I did lots of zig zagging to pass runners and this apparently added to the distance.

Additional walking to and from added another 2.44 miles.

ragl9k37zsi7.jpeg
    canyk7ape0oa.jpeg
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Nice race Pier! Great work!

Yes, Ann, I'd say that counts as quite a workout!.

Slow, steady day for me at the gym today.

zv15bg794ynf.png
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    A bit under 9k in a quad in preparation for next weekends regatta. The water was really choppy most of the time. Like nearly white caps on our way back to the dock. We were going to do 1 full race piece and then a 600m truncated race piece coming back to the dock, but the water was too bad for the second piece.

It was also my first time doing racing starts in a sculling boat. It took three tries for me to figure out (the first time, which was just the first two strokes, I was like, "oh right, i have to feather...") but after that it felt really good. But yeah other than the horrible water it was ok, I remembered that I love sculling in part because I can really suspend. I think the first time I felt comfortable in a sculling shell and put 100% pressure into my strokes I did the, "oh! This is suspension!" thing.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,058 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    A bit under 9k in a quad in preparation for next weekends regatta. The water was really choppy most of the time. Like nearly white caps on our way back to the dock. We were going to do 1 full race piece and then a 600m truncated race piece coming back to the dock, but the water was too bad for the second piece.

It was also my first time doing racing starts in a sculling boat. It took three tries for me to figure out (the first time, which was just the first two strokes, I was like, "oh right, i have to feather...") but after that it felt really good. But yeah other than the horrible water it was ok, I remembered that I love sculling in part because I can really suspend. I think the first time I felt comfortable in a sculling shell and put 100% pressure into my strokes I did the, "oh! This is suspension!" thing.

Race starts = organized chaos! The "organized" part takes time, dunnit? ;) And it's a new adventure for each new line-up.

Glad you're feeling the suspension: That's huge. I've been working with one of our club's relatively newer rowers on exactly that, and she told me on our most recent row that she felt the "butt decompression" thing: Win!

A very memorable/instructive moment for me, some years back, was sitting behind a top-notch collegiate div I rower, and seeing her rise up slightly on the seat . . . at arms-only. Later, in bow at Rio, she was (understandably, given all I know about her) first across the finish line for US gold. So thrilling!

I still can't get the suspension arms-only. :( Still trying. :lol:
  • GrizzledSquirrel
    GrizzledSquirrel Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    100 minute walk. Lame by “workout” standards but spent most of today at my desk, working, so was really tired and “blah”. I checked my tracker at 6:30pm and seen I’d done close to zero steps all day, so hauled myself outside for a stroll.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »

Race starts = organized chaos! The "organized" part takes time, dunnit? ;) And it's a new adventure for each new line-up.

Glad you're feeling the suspension: That's huge. I've been working with one of our club's relatively newer rowers on exactly that, and she told me on our most recent row that she felt the "butt decompression" thing: Win!

A very memorable/instructive moment for me, some years back, was sitting behind a top-notch collegiate div I rower, and seeing her rise up slightly on the seat . . . at arms-only. Later, in bow at Rio, she was (understandably, given all I know about her) first across the finish line for US gold. So thrilling!

I still can't get the suspension arms-only. :( Still trying. :lol:

Arms only suspension - that's quite a goal... :lol: The main women's coach enjoys telling suspension related stories about a former Olympic gold medalist who he coached as a junior. Even though I sometimes feel a bit like I'm flailing when I have two oars in my hands, when I'm comfortable (with regards to set, water conditions, and the other person/people I'm rowing with) and confident I like it so much more than sweep. But yeah, I will definitely end up off of the seat when I'm doing an especially good job of suspending and, lest I think I'm imagining it, my coaches will comment on my looking better. Now i just need to get better at everything else ;)

I'm taking tomorrow off from rowing (I'll either cox or sit in the launch - I'd prefer the launch) and am going to ride my bike some, but hopefully Tuesday I'll get to scull in a double with the person who was in bow last Tuesday. I would like to do a head race with her this fall because we rowed so well together last Tuesday, but we'll see.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    mtkhs1uo01o6.png
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's workout was a nice gentle 14 mile hike through the Mendips in the sunshine. I'm feeling that in my hips more than I'd expected!
    7b0yqaiwjjc2.jpg
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Saturday10 mile walk, following the Coastal Path around the Isle of Portland. It was very nice, and slightly unplanned. I'd driven down there to buy a drysuit, and it seemed a shame to immediately drive back.

Sunday Indoor rowing. 8 intervals of 500m, with 2 minutes rest. My average pace was 2.05; and the best was 2.01 on the last one. I actually remembered to wear the heart rate monitor, and it reached a peak of 160, which sounds about right for a sprint.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    7/27
    Yoga
    Hatha Sun Salutation - 5 Rounds
    Ashtanga Sun Salutation A - 5 Rounds
    Ashtanga Sun Salutation B - 5 Rounds

7/29am
    Mobility
    Animal Flow Daily 5
    Strength
    Handstand Pushup - Pavel Fighter Progression (3RM) Day 16/20
    *On a Yoga Block
    6-5-4-2-1- (18)
    Pull-ups - Fighter Pull-Up Program (12R Max) Day 16/20
    17-14-10-7-3 (51)
    Yoga
    Hatha Sun Salutation - 5 Rounds
    Ashtanga Sun Salutation A - 5 Rounds
    Core Strength
    Compression Drills- 3 x 10 (30)
    Back Bridge - 5 x 5 @30s (150s)
    Pancake Stretch - 5 x 5 @30s (150s)
    Meditate
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Cardio day and I WANTED TO CRY!!!!

15 min circuits

Sled pushes
    Parachute Pulls
    Squat to Press
    V ups
    Skull Crushers
    15% TM incline .20 miles
    Push Ups
    Single Leg DLs

There was more but I am too tired to remember!!! :s
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    ...after today's physio appt I've discovered why I'm feeling yesterday's hike in my hips. Went in with a hamstring niggle, came out with a set of exercises for hip strength and mobility, and a renewed appreciation for the interdependence of all the body's systems...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Love seeing all the different workouts!