What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Went for a bike ride this morning, which was cut short when it started to pour 20 minutes in (luckily, I was close to home when the skies opened). This evening, I went to a class at my gym called "Torch" which varies from week to week, but tonight was stations with weights, medicine balls, battle ropes, etc., interspersed with whatever exercise came up with a roll of the dice (could be something as easy as 10 crunches, or more challenging...like 90 seconds of push-ups.)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,071 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Yet another 7k or so rowing the double . . . but finally a little cooler, and not steambath-humid, so we threw in some power 10s just for fun. :)

Addendum for today:

Went to a fun event (for "young professionals" :lol: ) at a local lake where there were sampler sessions of lots of things: Paddleboard yoga (first time for me), hula hooping, booths for things like Code Red and Orange Theory where we could get on their WaterRowers (in one case for a free t-shirt if I could beat my (younger ;) ) friend over 150m - heh), a local fitness training group where we did a lateral band walk challenge (again for a free t-shirt), a row in our rowing club barge, and some non-exercise things (like a pontoon boat ride, watching a circus aerials performer).

Then I helped row the rowing barge down the lake to the take-out ramp, load it up with all the oars and a couple of rowing singles (the wider recreational ones), take the barge apart into 2 sections, and load it onto 2 good-sized boat trailers.

So fun.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Yet another 7k or so rowing the double . . . but finally a little cooler, and not steambath-humid, so we threw in some power 10s just for fun. :)

Addendum for today:

Went to a fun event (for "young professionals" :lol: ) at a local lake where there were sampler sessions of lots of things: Paddleboard yoga (first time for me), hula hooping, booths for things like Code Red and Orange Theory where we could get on their WaterRowers (in one case for a free t-shirt if I could beat my (younger ;) ) friend over 150m - heh), a local fitness training group where we did a lateral band walk challenge (again for a free t-shirt), a row in our rowing club barge, and some non-exercise things (like a pontoon boat ride, watching a circus aerials performer).

Then I helped row the rowing barge down the lake to the take-out ramp, load it up with all the oars and a couple of rowing singles (the wider recreational ones), take the barge apart into 2 sections, and load it onto 2 good-sized boat trailers.

So fun.

I chuckled at the bit in bold ;) All and all sounds like a fun event though. I'm always curious about paddleboarding. Not curious enough to try (as if I would have the time...), but curious none the less.

Today I did a lot of resting.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Yesterday was a 15 mile bike ride with my youngest kiddo. He hasn't biked since last summer, so it was a slower ride than I'm used to. I may do another ride this evening - we'll see. I *need* to yoga or stretch, I think. Maybe tonight... Gotta get better at taking care.
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Two 45 min spin classes this morning for a total of 27 miles. Oof.
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    30 minutes on the treadmill, 15 at 0 incline 3+mph, 15 at 4 incline 2+mph.
    Then the 30 minute express circuit at Planet Fitness, really pushing myself on the cardio bits.

Burned just about 800 calories.
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Walking with my pups and to work (maybe 1.5 miles total) and yoga/handstand practice
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    7/25
    Mobility
    Animal Flow Daily 5
    Strength
    Handstand Pushup - Pavel Fighter Progression (3RM) Day 14/20
    *On a Yoga Block
    5-4-4-3-2- (18)
    Pull-ups - Fighter Pull-Up Program (12R Max) Day 14/20
    14-11-11-8-6 (50)
    Meditate
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    So far...making coffee. :) But...will walk minimum 8,000 steps with my willing dog, and an hour of Pilates later this afternoon. That's pretty much my routine every day.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    5.5+ miles and near 4 hours mowing the lawn starting a little after 6 as my workout today. Might do core work this afternoon.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    ~9km in a 4. Nothing to write home about other than that the water was really choppy coming back to the dock. I might do an hour on Zwift this evening depending on how hot it is.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Yesterday went real hard: multiple bench sets, deadlifts, leg press, shoulders, back, push-ups, jump rope - about an hour and ten mins altogether.

Today - bi’s and tri’s + 3 mile run
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    ^ Thanks Mike. I do try to keep a steady pace. I always accelerate in the last 1k, as I'm glad the end is in sight.

Yesterday, I went bouldering. I didn't get any significant new routes - I got some new overhangs. However, they are always more about power, which I'm OK at. I'm not as good at technique and tiny hold, but I think I prefer it when I get one.

Today, I had 1 hour of vinyasa yoga. I think I may have shin splints, but the pain goes away if I do enough stuff and ignore it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,071 Member
    Options
    Spin class, and a little more walking than usual (2 passes through the big state-wide-sourced farmer's market they have once a month at the capitol) - I'm usually very sedentary outside of exercise.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    30min session with trainer combining barbell and resistance band with a bit of cardio

2 miles of running intervals.

5/3/1 cycle 3 week 1 bench. Plus
    5x10@28kg normal grip.
    3x10@21kg close grip
    Flies, incline dumbbell bench, decline dumbell bench.

10 min on ski erg, my first time trying this, very impressed with the calories burnt.

Fast 5k on treadmill.

3 mile cycle ride to circuits (plus ride back)

45 min circuits class, lots of fun with water guns and paddling pool
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Today's hard interval workout. It was supposed to be my first ITC (Inter Squad Row). It was row 7777 meters with 7' rest, any way you want and record the time. I got to the last 500m and figured out I programed it wrong! Didn't count for my club, but screw it, the effort and intent was there! Plus, huge improvement over last week long intervals.

3idpvu19486f.jpg
    h6drw658x2g0.png
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Great workout @MikePfirrman including time in the red zone. Now, drink, eat and recover.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Great workout @MikePfirrman including time in the red zone. Now, drink, eat and recover.

Thanks Pier. Yeah, I'm pretty good about that. Learned some hard lessons on that a while ago! Good luck in your race this weekend, BTW!

@ Firef1y72 - The SkiErg is the last piece of equipment that I want to complete my home gym! I would love one of those. Never tried one but many of my indoor rowing buddies have them. Fantastic workout and very complimentary to the rower. Brutally hard to sustain for long periods of time. Really a great full body workout.

In my humble opinion, after watching some of these really hardcore performance athletes and rowers train for a long time, I honestly think that if I had to pick five pieces of equipment, it would the rower, the SkiErg, some heavy KBs, an Assault Bike and Plyo Boxes. That's enough for anyone to train like a beast! I have four of the five currently. Would like some padded Plyo Boxes but man are they expensive.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Had planned to go to zumba, but when I arrived at the gym I discovered class was canceled. I wasn't wearing the right shoes for other stuff, so I came home to do 30 minutes on the elliptical and a short fitness blender workout.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    7/25/2019 - at Santa Cruz with less than 90 hours to my Sunday morning 6-mile fun run and an earned rest day sporting shoulders DOMS from yesterday’s double KB carries complex.

Will walk 2-3 miles in a while for some transportation active rest meeting a client for dinner. Will do an easy run tomorrow with some strides.

3icuuawm5lhg.jpeg