What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I ended up doing an hour on Zwift but dear god was my power meter (Powertap P1) having drop out issues. I'm not sure what the issue is. The firmware is up to date and they have fresh lithium batteries. I am going replace the batteries one more time, take a 15-20 min test ride, and if that doesn't work call customer support tomorrow. The best solution would be i just got crappy batteries or it needs a new battery caps and they'll ship a set out to me for free (though I think mine has the newer caps that solved various issues). The worst is that I ship the pedals out and there ends up being battery damage that isn't covered under warranty.

edit: I just replaced the batteries and there is, thankfully, no visible battery damage in either pedal.
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    0.5 warm up run
    1.25 Mile Interval run
    30 minute interval bike ride (1-1)
    2000m row (500m splits as fast as possible with 30 seconds rest in between)
    0.5 mile cool down

Workout time: 55 min

I can do endurance and intervals for hours, been trying to work on my upper body, leg, and core strength with various warm ups, but my bum knee (injury from high school) has been bothering me today so I took a break from intense workouts that pound on my knee. Did not get into the red zone, but happy that I made it to the gym and got a workout in as I took yesterday off to ice my knee. Hoping to be back to creating abs and muscle tone tomorrow!!
  • lg013
    Options
    7/25/2019 - at Santa Cruz with less than 90 hours to my Sunday morning 6-mile fun run and an earned rest day sporting shoulders DOMS from yesterday’s double KB carries complex.

Will walk 2-3 miles in a while for some transportation active rest meeting a client for dinner. Will do an easy run tomorrow with some strides.

3icuuawm5lhg.jpeg

Best of luck in your run! Go you!!
  • jiujitsudad15118
    jiujitsudad15118 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    jiujitsu
  • lg013
    Options
    firef1y72 wrote: »

10 min on ski erg, my first time trying this, very impressed with the calories burnt.

I’ve been wanting to try this. I used to live in an environment with cross country skiing and boy does it work you out. I had to do it a lot to try to use my arms more Bc I have much more strength in my legs ba my arms. Man did getting my arms worked from cross country skiing improve my upper body, which led to better strides and forms on my run!
  • taitan2307
    taitan2307 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    3km fast walk on 10 incline, 5 speed, on treadmill with leg weights.
    45min Strength exercise with weights.
  • SpYkEza
    SpYkEza Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Virgin Active grid lean class - "45 Min HIIT class" and a 10km Interval run coming up at lunch.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Yesterday: BodyPump and about 16,000 steps of walking. Skipped part of squats and most of lunges due to current aggravation of a longstanding hamstring issue; I did some bicep work during the lunge track instead.
    Today: Just a bit of walking.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    7/25pm
    Yoga
    Hatha Sun Salutation - 5 Rounds
    Ashtanga Sun Salutation A - 5 Rounds
    Conditioning
    Jumprope - 3min on 1min off x 5 (15) min

7/26am
    Mobility
    Animal Flow Daily 5
    Strength
    Handstand Pushup - Pavel Fighter Progression (3RM) Day 15/20
    *On a Yoga Block
    5-5-4-3-2- (19)
    Pull-ups - Fighter Pull-Up Program (12R Max) Day 15/20
    14-14-11-8-6 (53)
    Yoga
    Hatha Sun Salutation - 5 Rounds
    Ashtanga Sun Salutation A - 5 Rounds
    Core Strength
    Compression Drills- 3 x 10 (30)
    Back Bridge - 5 x 5 @30s (150s)
    Pancake Stretch - 5 x 5 @30s (150s)
    Meditate
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Quick half an hour ride to test the power meter. I think everything is back to normal. I suspect the primary issue was interference from the bluetooth on my laptop being on. I rarely keep it on but sometimes I daftly forget to turn it off (which I realize is not wise for security reasons as well).
    I road for 5 min with the bluetooth on both my phone and my laptop turned off, then turned my phone's bluetooth turned on, and 5 or 10 min later opened Zwift Connect on my phone (which isn't connected via bluetooth but I figured I may as well cover my bases.

No dropouts for the first 23 minutes and then three very minor ones after 23 minutes which may have been when I turned on Zwift Connect. That's significantly better than yesterday.

As a nice bonus Natia van Heerden, who got first among the women at IRONMAN 70.3 Hawaii this year zoomed around me a few times as we were on the same very short course on Zwift this morning (presumably late afternoon for her).
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Light 50 minutes today. 5K on the rower, then the rest on the AirDyne Pro. Really recovery work.

33cbcjmoavjp.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,234 Member
    Options
    Another Friday, another 7K rowed in the double. Rowed a little faster today, partly because I pushed a little harder in the pleasant weather, but mostly because my Big-10-champ rower buddy is on vacation this week, and rowed with me on a weekday for a change (so strong! :) . . . and she's a sweetie, besides).
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Great workout @MikePfirrman including time in the red zone. Now, drink, eat and recover.

Thanks Pier. Yeah, I'm pretty good about that. Learned some hard lessons on that a while ago! Good luck in your race this weekend, BTW!

@ Firef1y72 - The SkiErg is the last piece of equipment that I want to complete my home gym! I would love one of those. Never tried one but many of my indoor rowing buddies have them. Fantastic workout and very complimentary to the rower. Brutally hard to sustain for long periods of time. Really a great full body workout.

In my humble opinion, after watching some of these really hardcore performance athletes and rowers train for a long time, I honestly think that if I had to pick five pieces of equipment, it would the rower, the SkiErg, some heavy KBs, an Assault Bike and Plyo Boxes. That's enough for anyone to train like a beast! I have four of the five currently. Would like some padded Plyo Boxes but man are they expensive.

My wishlist for my home workout area, are a slam ball, trx, boxing bag and plyo boxes. Got the slam ball (my PT has given me some pretty tough workouts to do with just the ball). Next on list is trx, then starting on plyo boxes (at the moment I'm jumping on to a step at the highest setting). But the boxes start at £100 for a 12" so its gonna take a while.

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    7 mile bike.

Tomorrow I'll be doing a 'fitness test' in the morning with my youngest for a Personal Fitness merit badge through scouting... timed 1 mile run, as many sit-ups, pushups and pull-ups as we can do in 1 minute each... Then on to an Eagle Scout project, where we will be spending the day hauling wood planks and digging...

Should be a good time. :)
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Friday fun and games.

2miles cyclex2 to get to and from personal training.
    30 min beach workout with trainer. Really tough little circuit including burpees, broad jumps, ladder jumps, plank and sprints across the sand.

Ipswich twilight 10k road race
  • lg013
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    7 mile bike.

Tomorrow I'll be doing a 'fitness test' in the morning with my youngest for a Personal Fitness merit badge through scouting... timed 1 mile run, as many sit-ups, pushups and pull-ups as we can do in 1 minute each... Then on to an Eagle Scout project, where we will be spending the day hauling wood planks and digging...

Should be a good time. :)

Woo! Earn that badge!
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    1.5 mile walk. I would have liked to go much further, but it’s hot and humid here and the dogs rebelled.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    7/26/2019 - in Santa Cruz -

Mid-morning - walk 3.31 miles in 60 minutes.

Late-afternoon - #1 - walk 1.0 mile in 19:17 - #2 - slow run 1.0 mile in 11:52 - #3 - Sprint 8 half run fast 0:30 jog recovery for 1:30 = 0.77 mile in 8:00 splits mile pace equivalents were 6:33 - 6:27 - 6:37 - 6:41 seemed slower so good running fast running efficiency - #4 - walk 1.0 mile in 20:00.

Hungry as a bear today so ate big.

Tomorrow will be walking and 4-6 strides, resting and early to bed for Sunday’s Wharf to Wharf 2019.
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Today was squat day, and it was a rough one.

• Emme871
    Emme871 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A John Benton workout- 90 minutes of low impact exercise!