Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• rainbow198rainbow198 Posts: 1,933Member Member Posts: 1,933Member Member
    It's going to be a very hot day so I'm up early to get in 5 miles before the sun gets too bright.

Then it's a nice Pilates and deep stretching session later today.
  • drmwcdrmwc Posts: 128Member, Premium Member Posts: 128Member, Premium Member
    16 July
    Lifted weights. It was a very mediocre session, main lift was 3x5 squat (80 kgs) which went well; and 3x3 overhead press (35 kgs) which was poor.

18 July
    Bouldering. Not a great session. Got one new harder one, but fell off the wall a lot.

19 July
    1 hour yoga over lunch. I will probably go for an indoor row this evening.
    edited July 19
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 11,516Member Member Posts: 11,516Member Member
    Despite weather that made walking to my car feel like swimming in invisible pea soup (we're in an excessive heat/humidity warning for a couple of days), today was a rowing day, so I rowed about 6.9k in the double, stopping for more water breaks than usual as a caution, and keeping it at easy steady state.

It actually felt better rowing than walking around, maybe because the slight breeze was more perceptible on the wider open space of the river, or maybe because we generate a bit of breeze via boat movement. Dunno; but I'll take it.
  • maureenseel1984maureenseel1984 Posts: 397Member Member Posts: 397Member Member
    Nice long walk with my very strong coffee
  • MomjoggerMomjogger Posts: 747Member Member Posts: 747Member Member
    Yesterday I did shoulders, walking, elliptical, abs, yoga, stretching. Today a 12 mile bike ride and a hike with the dog later.
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 2,528Member Member Posts: 2,528Member Member
    55min group workout on Zwift centered around 3 8min intervals between 155-165 watts.
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Posts: 880Member Member Posts: 880Member Member
    Steady State day today (rower version of long, slow day that runners do). Keep your work rate constant and, ideally, where you don't build up any Lactic Acid. This is the completion of my second hard week of training back on the rower. I'm learning to keep my easier days easier and my hard days hard (polarized, 80/20 training). I've tried to do this for years, but my recent HRM purchase has given me a lot more insight.

Started on the rower today until I couldn't hold HR under 75% of max, then went to the AirBike for the last 25 minutes. Ended up a 35 minute row and 25 on the bike. At the end of the bike ride, I was holding 170 plus Watts relatively easy, so I'm seeing improvements already. Slow improvements but improvements.

When I finished this workout, felt like I still had quite a bit left in the tank. That's how you want to feel on SS days. Like you're reigning in the engine a bit.

jb8rbm4ys92s.png

at9iwiuujaf3.jpgejnf0t4u08kb.jpg

edited July 19
  • jenilla1jenilla1 Posts: 9,361Member Member Posts: 9,361Member Member
    7 mile trail run
  • firef1y72firef1y72 Posts: 1,332Member Member Posts: 1,332Member Member
    Friday, race day.

30min cardio/hiit with trainer, yes burpees were involved.

2.5mile stroll on a trail route I usually run.

45min total.body conditioning- nice deep burn today using resistance bands

5 mile race - my local race, really wasn't feeling it but managed to run all.but 1 minute (up a short steep incline).

Got an all day bootcamp tomorrow, 6 hours of fun and games
  • pierinifitnesspierinifitness Posts: 2,196Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,196Member, Premium Member
    7/19/2019 - late afternoon in Santa Cruz where my 6-mile fun run is in 9 days.

Run 8.0 miles steady state slower in 1:24:12 = 10:31 mile pace - average HR = 139 bpm (77 percent) maximum HR = 149 bpm (83 percent) total 1,073 calories - temperature 64F degrees late afternoon - what a difference 25F degrees cooler with ocean breeze makes on HR.

Longest run in my fun run runner comeback kid journey begun almost one year ago, and non-stop (compared to run-walk cadence used for past longer runs.) This was probably the last longer run prior to my upcoming fun run.
  • JustSomeEmJustSomeEm Posts: 16,561Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 16,561Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
    Today's workout was a 21 mile bike ride so far. :)
  • tpg22tpg22 Posts: 5Member Member Posts: 5Member Member
    A nice, easy, 6.5 mile run in the heat and humidity. Legs were still feeling the 30 mile bike rides on the two prior days.
  • firef1y72firef1y72 Posts: 1,332Member Member Posts: 1,332Member Member
    Today I attended an all day back to basics bootcamp. With a variety of activities from tabata to circuits to team games to obstacle course. Absolutely shattered now.
    (And I ran a mile to get to the bus stop)il7amy9ewssp.jpg
    Nearly 11km in the weirdly rigged 8 sitting 7. It's the first time I've sat 7 in almost a year so that was interesting (the boat we went out in is currently starved rigged with an oddly placed bucket). Most of the club is up in Canada for a regatta so it was an interesting like up. This also means I'm probably not going to come down tomorrow given the selection of shells we have.

However, now it's time for breakfast
    yobm7c3caro1.jpg
  • JustSomeEmJustSomeEm Posts: 16,561Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 16,561Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
    aokoye wrote: »

yobm7c3caro1.jpg
    Yeah, imma need you to tell me what that is and how I can make it. That looks amazing g!
  • jnomadicajnomadica Posts: 239Member Member Posts: 239Member Member
    60 minute morning Krav Maga class- great start to the weekend!
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »

yobm7c3caro1.jpg
    Yeah, imma need you to tell me what that is and how I can make it. That looks amazing g!
    It's a "breakfast bowl" from the cafe near the boat house that I row out of and my typical Saturday breakfast. While I didn't make it, it's two eggs scrambled and a handful of new potatoes halved, tossed in pesto, and roasted. They top it with cilantro I want to say (or parsley - either way, it's barely detectable). There was less pesto on them today than usual. And then the avocado which I could have done without as I'm not actually a fan of avocado).
    Workout number 2 of the day - 1 hour on Zwift. Power wise, just under 75% of it was endurance and below which was what I was hoping for.

This week has been the week of testing out if adding cycling multiple days a week on top of rowing will be ok. So far so good. I was a bit worried about the idea earlier today, but looking at the day with regards to how many minutes I've been working over the past 3 months, there's been a gradual rise so I think it'll be fine.
  • pierinifitnesspierinifitness Posts: 2,196Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,196Member, Premium Member
    7/20/2019

Rest day, hungry as a bear today.