Less Alcohol - DECEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,578 Member
    Options
    My goal is 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I didn't get there in October, ended up with 10 or 11AF days
    November tally 19AF days out of 30 days.
    New month : - )

December 01 - 3 drinks
    December 02 - AF
    December 03 - 3 drinks, Tuesday.
    December 04 - AF - Time to rack up a few AF days before all of the holiday festivities. Or at least try to get back to 2AF days in between drinks days.
    December 05 - AF
    December 06 - 3 drinks - I felt them more than usual, just 2 AF days, but they really hit me. Mind you, I barely eat during the day when I am running around working. I am thinking of you @Womona when you say that they are hitting you more strongly since you have cut down. Many glasses of water since the drinks, and off to bed soon.

Running Tally: 4 AF day out of 6 days so far.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    The warm and fuzzies were creeping under my skin last night. Had to run into town for a few kitchen staples. Opened the door to go out side and it was snowing. Not any snow. It was those giant fluffy flakes from when you were a kid and could catch them on your tongue.
    Driving into town the Christmas lights seemed magical dancing off the pure white snow. Lots of cars traveling to a near by Winter event. A real true holiday setting I exected to hear Christmas carols start to play in my back ground. Thoughts were running through my head and it had nothing to do with sugar plums. I thought, how lovely it would be to go down to the new brewery and have a pint of their jalapeno beer. 😈
    Good thing I went to the grocery first. Because by the time I finished picking up a few items, the snow had accumulated a few more fluffy inches and the parking lot was slick.
    I then imagined myself at the brewery with that pint, then leaving and slipping on the snow and wrenching an ankle. I know me well enough that I would naturally think people would think I had too much to drink. Or if I did make it to the car and start home maybe I would slide off the slick road and need assistance. Then the police would smell jalapeno beer breath and cuff me and drag me off to jail(slight exaggeration here).
    PHEW just running those two senerios in my mind made me drive right home. Where I was safe and toasty putting together the butter cup soup recipe I bought the ingredients for. 😇
    Another AF

Yaaaay, and good thing you have a very active imagination!
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Chocolate wine and jalapeno beer. Y'all are really really hurting me here... >:) ... o:) ...

Crawling back under my rock to lurk til New Year's Day sounds the "all clear".
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    Options
    Chocolate wine and jalapeno beer. Y'all are really really hurting me here... >:) ... o:) ...

Crawling back under my rock to lurk til New Year's Day sounds the "all clear".

🤣😅😆😂 keeping ya on your toes @forestdweller1
  • MissMay
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    @MissMay that's exactly y I've had trouble with this holiday season, that imagining of being buzzed and feeling the holiday spirit,for me i know it's all lies cuz I just can't drink to get buzzed,I drink to get drunk and I wouldn't remember anything anyways,6:19 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a fab day💖

It really comes down to each of us being honest with ourselves. I know my alcohol weaknesses, and knowing those weak moments and admitting it keeps me in line. Have a great day in Vegas!
  • MissMay
    Options
    December 07 - AF - had the urge several times, just waited it out.

Running Tally: 4 AF day out of 7 days so far.

Good call @dawnbgethealthy waiting it out.👍
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    @MissMay Smart idea to premature and nice pacing for only two drinks in 4.5 hours.

@SanDiegofitmom Good luck and you will get those five days... don't beat yourself up over a bad streak. It's over.

Today is a day at I really want a drink. But I'm not going to. It's just not even worth it right now.
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    Premeasure, not premature, damn autocorrect.