Less Alcohol - DECEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    I don’t add anyone noticed a few Women added what they thought were Women then bam 💥 becomes a Mans account (changes foto) starts flirting sending number to asking them out. Yeah safer not to add anyone unless you know them in real. Few Women met up on an older Woman thread Husbands brought along for safety to Sons .They found 1 was fake ran off...rest now hit the gym together y eat out at vegan restaurants/cafes. Be safe guys .

We live in a world where people are nuts anymore! Watching the news saw a nut was going to shoot from a hotel in San Diego Cali downtown looked at the date of his arrest ...searched texts with my Navy Daughter found she was down town Christmas shopping same day! Told her no more Christmas shopping I only need her!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Yep not a dating site and it's actually offensive to get hit on when I'm only here to try to better myself and my life! 7:38 am in Vegas another 24 for a very tired me😴
  • Bari_Tone
    Bari_Tone Posts: 45 Member
    Chit Chat used to be a lot of fun way back in the early MFP days (pre-Under-Armor)...but I agree it is definitely a place where more "inappropriate" posts happen now if you are not wanting to flirt or get hit on.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    They send to me I got my sons picture so twice as creepy....

Another Woman on here has MRS in the front of her name it doesn’t stop them. Her Hubby has a username to show he’s married he gets more than her!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,336 Member
    I accept friend requests from almost anyone (I have seen two super sketchy ones just judging by their name) but it's because I assume that they're in a group I'm in or stalk it... running enthusiastic, that sort of thing. I never considered weirdo stalkers. If anyone private messages me, though, they're wasting their time. I don't message. I don't do any of that other stuff some of these people do. Too old for it and never did do it or would do it. I'm proudly boring, I guess, and keeping it that way!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Agreed @LoveyChar I never pay attention to messages and only recently replied to a friend in the SoberSquad who had messaged me back in August! I didn't mean to avoid it but I just don't check them🤷
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,803 Member
    My goal is 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I didn't get there in October, ended up with 10 or 11AF days
    November tally 19AF days out of 30 days.
    New month : - )

December 01 - 3 drinks
    December 02 - AF
    December 03 - 3 drinks, Tuesday.
    December 04 - AF - Time to rack up a few AF days before all of the holiday festivities. Or at least try to get back to 2AF days in between drinks days.
    December 05 - AF
    December 06 - 3 drinks - I felt them more than usual, just 2 AF days, but they really hit me. Mind you, I barely eat during the day when I am running around working. I am thinking of you @Womona when you say that they are hitting you more strongly since you have cut down. Many glasses of water since the drinks, and off to bed soon.
    December 07 - AF - had the urge several times, just waited it out.
    December 8 - A bunch of drinks starting with a tree decorating at a friend's place. Tried to keep it at a half shot per drink to stay less alcohol. Kind of lost track, but they were all very small. All good. Planning on AF tomorrow. Tuesday is yet to be seen.
    December 09 - AF
    December 10 - AF - Yes, it is a Tuesday, my designated drinks day, but I am having a very busy week and have a party to go to on Friday where I might have drinks, so skipping the drinks tonight.
    December 11 - AF - Really fought that urge many times after work, but stayed AF. Trying to rack a few up before all of the holiday parties.

Running Tally: 7 AF day out of 11 days so far.
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    I think I'm up to 8/11 now. Today may be a drinking day - going out for a Christmas meal with work. It's actually my only event of the week though so if I don't drink over the weekend it will all balance out. Unless I need something stiff to cope with the election result tomorrow...
  • lilann1961
    lilann1961 Posts: 131 Member
    I am at 6/11 AF, the last three being this week (mostly due to Nutcracker tech week and opening night coming up on Friday). I have a question for all of you. Do you find your sweet tooth and/or wanting to snack at night increases when you do not drink? I was NEVER a late snacker, and my sweet tooth really isn't huge, but I have found over the last few AF weeks, that my cravings have gone up. The weird part, is when I do drink, it is almost never late into the evening, so I am not even used to the urge to eat or drink at this time (think 8pm). We don't carry many processed sweets in the house, so this has really hit me as odd. Last night was a few dark chocolate chips and a spoonful of peanut butter. Not a habit I want to get into and drinking more water (including seltzer water) isn't' really helping. Thoughts?
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited December 2019
    Lilann1961 - could be your body trying to say hey where those heavy calories we remember gone? Try an Apple slices up eat the slices about 78cal that way but fills you up. Or if not an Apple person search on MFP your favorite sweet fruits see which are low cal attack one at night until your body adjusts. Could also try having Sugarfree Jello or Sugarfree Jello Pudding to have a serving of (Jello brand tastes great 👍/ off brands haven’t got the right taste down yet). Drink a Gatorade zero with a piece of toast y egg white. Watermelon 🍉,cucumber slices,cherry tomatoes,spinach leaves salad with Walden Chipotle dressing , celery sticks, cold brew coffee, popcorn watch the butter ones theirs better ones out there, y water lots of water with a walk around the living room or any emptish room for awhile.

1 Beer - 154cal per glass & up
    1 wine - 123 cal per glass & up

If you were a heavy drinker just like a chain smoker that adds up money 💴 wise to calorie wise fast. Now those calories are gone like anyone dieting you got to fight hunger cravings. They go away after awhile.

Good example let’s say you drank a case of bud light as your go to - that’s 110 cal per can! If you drank 24pack that’s 2,640cal ! I knew a woman who did that just in the morning without realizing how much she drank in a day! That’s also $21.62 per box at some places. Now times that by 1 week!!! $151.34 . For a month of just a 24pack a day is $605.36. A year is $ 7,264.32. Now times that by how many drinkers are in the house!!! That’s where the money went .... that could pay off your rent just for giving up a 24pack a day. That’s 18,480 cal a week. 73,920cal a month. 887,040 cal a year. That’s just for a Bud Light not a full on Budweiser. Even if you drink half or 1/3rd or 1/4th that still a lot then add what family members drink! If you drink more than that (some people do fight the worst addictions) think at the cost per year figure the amount post it somewhere look at it every day think wow going to pay off a mortgage! Save for a vacation! Get out of debt! Buy a pool! Take the kids out to eat once a month! Think of the weight you’ll loose if you substitute healthy low calorie snack in place of it ! With time you can wing yourself off the snack time.

Hubby getting off his saved us a lot cause he bought for friends to drink with him! Social drinker so cases of beers all prices! He bought a house with what he saved is paying a monthly rent to own not to rent a cheapest now.
    He gave up smoking after that well truck now.Giving up Drinking made giving up smoking easier cause he craved a cigarette with his beer
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Wine 5oz = 123cal
    If you use a bigger glass 12,14,or more ounces that’s even more calories
    For an example let’s pretend your holding a mainstay 11ounce glass you like to fill her up 10ounces that’s 246cal per glass now how many do you drink in a day? Will use 2 glasses 1 per meal as an example. That’s 492cal per day. 3,444 cal per week. 13,776 cal a month. 165,312 cal a year. $12 for 1 box wine as our example that’s 34 (5oz glasses) so your drinking 4xs the serving it lasts 8 days. So $48 a month for the cheapest box wine.$ 576 a year . That’s a vacation if you have more exspensive taste than a cheapest box of wine that amount goes up. If you drink more than that goes up again. If you drink less but a more exspensive bottle could still be paying more.

If you are a social drinker buying at restaurants that’s a much higher price per glass. If you drink at home with friends or family increase the number by how many people you buy for. If your thinking oh $576 is nothing but you don’t drink the cheapest box the amounts higher then if your family all has a glass a few restaurants/club/bars for a few glasses you could be spending way more than you ever imagined. Did the math what are you saving if you give your brand up to favorite weekly spots alcoholic choice?

Knew a lady who drank a bottle a day sometimes 2 bottles of wine. She had a hard job was her go to for comfort (bad choice she worked for CPS she saw a lot). So she without realizing it drank 3Litters of wine a day sometimes half that. Now read the label on her bottle. That’s a lot of calories to money per year. She drank an exspensive bottle $20 a pop!