Less Alcohol - DECEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited December 2019
    1sgk3mfvm0ia.png

Hubby y me hitting holiday sweets their not helping us at all! Halloween candy left over calling daily . Found a relative who knows were on a diet sent a tin of chocolates!! Nooooo so hopefully can restrain. Like toddler with cookies everywhere (teddy grahams hibernating everywhere!) isn’t hard enough!
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 356 Member
    @marcvb35 , Yes you've been gone WAY too long. So glad to see you pop back in.
    I worry that when you try to break the grip that the drink has on you, you cut back too fast to the point that it isn't good for your health.
    Weren't you having your drink decanted into smaller bottles ? Good plan if it works...I'd be all over the keeper of the rest of the bottles, maybe getting a bit bitchy to get another.
    Sermon over...sending you all good thoughts and wishes for success on your journey.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,543 Member
    Welcome back @marcvb35
    Checking in every day really helps.
  • Thank you for this. <3
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited December 2019
    Sobriety apps - Noticed they have ones to track how much your drinking even to inspirational quotes. Might be something to look into if having trouble tracking. Some apps with breathalyzers to let you know your going over. Read the critical comments on them to make sure no hidden fees tho (Do that with any apps you download even for gaming)

Sweating to shaking is Alcohol Withdrawl some people have more severe withdrawals than others. Doctors can prescribe medication while getting off alcohol . Tapering off methods may be needed at first for those with more severe Alcohol Withdrawal symptoms . Changing the type of alcohol you drink to a less favored less alcohol content ones in smaller doses. Make sure your drinking plenty of water eating a well balanced meals to combat some symptoms. Anti - nausea medication can be purchased from your local grocery store or Walmart (Nauzene also safe for pregnant women y kids $cheap priced ) .

Some use alternatives research before deciding it’s for you or not. If it seems to worsen cravings stop it. It decreases cravings for others. Can use more than o e of these.
    1. Milk Thistle
    2. B Vitamin
    3. Kudzu
    4. Angelica

Substitute what your drinking for lesser alcoholic drinks or Non-Alcoholic drinks. Drink more water even if you have to add crystal light to it for flavor. Healthy meals with full flavors. Reward yourself for good behavior with a spa day, restaurant day (no alcohol just good food), Starbucks for a treat, a movie you been wanting to watch, a Day with friends no alcohol just companionship (if need be find some new non-drinking friends or ones who rarely drink), take your kid or spouse somewhere special enjoy creating new positive memories, soak in a tub 🛀 with candles 🕯 on the vanity y soft music, buy a treat for yourself like a music download or a diffuser to put nice smelling oils in or even those new socks you been needing have fun looking for them.

Every day sober is a day worth cherishing.

Hubby was a kind funny person when drinking with friends ...angry jealous scary person with a girlfriend or wife. After giving it up he found himself realized the jealousy was unfounded. He had an abusive father no one even wants to be 1/8th that person. He’s now Sober loving doesn’t scream at people he loves in public. He didn’t believe he was mean when drunk because if he asked friends they said no. Well they we’re friends probably fuzzy on their memory,not his partner so different reactions. As you start the healing process ask your family what your like to them over the limit wise. Might surprise you to find out. I recorded him he was shocked at what he saw as he got off alcohol he was more aware of his outbursts when he drank a little. The road was hard bumpy but the end result was sobriety in time for our sons birth! All our son knows is a sober Father which makes our oldest happy.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    https://youtu.be/iTmcGy9CWhE

Fun recipes for this holiday .
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited December 2019
    Feelinfoofoo- try again tomorrow your aware it’s there hard to say No ,but you can do it got faith in Ya. 1 day falling happens just be determined not to fall again tomorrow. Make him store it in his room out of sight out of mind. Or if he insists on refrigerate it put it in a spot you can’t see it when you open the door.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited December 2019
    FeelinFooFoo- Happens from dieting to getting off cigarettes to alcohols. We get used to our addictions whether it be cookies to wine. We can clear the environment best we can but until we beat it fully that person walking in with a giant box of pizza to a bottle of Merlot can make us fall until we get farther along in the process of fighting to be a new us. Can’t see the one fall as a total fail just learn from it even have a talk with brother about keeping it in a bag when walking in storing it out of your sight. Took my Grandpa awhile when he cut back because his Mom always had homemade brews on the stove top. He decided he didn’t want to fully get off alcohol tho so Mon-Fri half a miller light only at a certain time. Was hard cause he was a big alcoholic with rages before he gave it up. After 1/2 a light beer he’d skip some days had a stiff rule none on Saturday y Sunday so he wouldn’t fall into the trap he said no more bars or 20’s dance clubs. He finally passed a no alcohol in my house rule for everyone but My Uncle who still lives in that house even after he passed (Cares for Grandma was born in their 40’s!) Grandmas in her 90’s now her youngest son just turned 50 yesterday! Lol I’m in her box got a 2yr old late in life just like she did. My Hubby off alcohol completely he realized trying to cut back didn’t work for him personally cause like food he falls harder than most easily. He gave up cigarettes,beer, y now caffeinated coffee. So he’s on a great track for him his blood pressure is improving less severe gout flare ups.

Just don’t drink tomorrow you now know it’s there it’s no longer a surprise. Stay strong you’ll be rewarded in the end. If you feel the urge tomorrow say No take a bubble bath 🛀 eat something you like even if it’s a few pieces of chocolates. Fix yourself a nice tea or chocolate milk or even a nice slice of apples relax . It’s more retraining your brain 🧠 than anything to see something else as your reward for a long day.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Awareness is the first step you’ll make it zyz1u9b5ehpu.jpeg
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    6:48 am in Vegas another 24 😁
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Way 2 Go Marc!!!

A longer lasting bottle something to be very proud of! Your doing great 👍