Anyone cutting after a bulk?

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    GaryRuns wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Can I just take some valuable space on this thread to say how much it sucks cutting during the holidays? Okay, maybe I should say trying to cut during the holidays. Egg nog with lots of rum is SOOO delicious! :'(

And to think i thought i was the only idiot cutting during the holidays. Welcome to the club!!!

Please don't get the wrong impression, I said I was trying to cut during the holidays! My weight has flatlined the last two weeks because of Thanksgiving and a Christmas party this past weekend.

A note to those concerned about privacy and going on a cut, make sure nobody has access to your weigh-in data. You can see every f'ing vacation and party I went to on mine! :D

https://trendweight.com/u/33c32eeb797249/

Don't get me started on trying to cut and ending up maintaining. On page #1 of the thread (4/23/2018) my goal was to get down to the mid 160s to be lean enough to justify a solid lean bulk and that's still the plan having never gotten lower than 170 over that 600+ day span. 176.4 this morning, 166 is the target to be ~10%
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,372 MFP Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Can I just take some valuable space on this thread to say how much it sucks cutting during the holidays? Okay, maybe I should say trying to cut during the holidays. Egg nog with lots of rum is SOOO delicious! :'(

And to think i thought i was the only idiot cutting during the holidays. Welcome to the club!!!

Please don't get the wrong impression, I said I was trying to cut during the holidays! My weight has flatlined the last two weeks because of Thanksgiving and a Christmas party this past weekend.

A note to those concerned about privacy and going on a cut, make sure nobody has access to your weigh-in data. You can see every f'ing vacation and party I went to on mine! :D

I feel you man. I hit 168 before Thanksgiving, bumped to 173 after with eating normal foods and adding Creatine to my routine. I hit 172 this morning.

umqdcnurua5h.jpg

I find when i get real strict keto it works more effectively. But these past 2 weeks have been difficult.

ETA: strict keto for me is 50 total carbs and 20-25 net. Generally, it also means removing Quest bars (my crack).
  • psuLemon
    steveko89 wrote: »

Don't get me started on trying to cut and ending up maintaining. On page #1 of the thread (4/23/2018) my goal was to get down to the mid 160s to be lean enough to justify a solid lean bulk and that's still the plan having never gotten lower than 170 over that 600+ day span. 176.4 this morning, 166 is the target to be ~10%

Honestly... Cutting down 15lbs was like the hardest freaking thing I've ever done in terms of weightloss goals...

I use to weigh over 333lbs and didn't stop dropping until I hit about 158lbs... At that point I bulked up to 190lbs and fought like hell to get back down to 175lbs...

Then I bulked up to about 188-189lbs and it took about 5-6 months of hard work to get back down to 169lbs, which I reached last Sept... Today I'm about 174ish at 6'

Not sure why I do it lol, it's not like I'm ever going to try and get on a stage or anything... But I guess this constantly trying to improve myself is what maintenance is going to look like for me 🤷🏽‍♂️

tbggkhla49gp.jpg

Insane progress man. Congrats on working through the struggles.
  • psuLemon

I pretty much had the same goal with similar stats. I started at 177... And here i am at 172 with fighting to get low to mid 160s
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Wow @Mr_Healthy_Habits ... You are amazing. That is some inspirational progress right there!!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

Honestly... Cutting down 15lbs was like the hardest freaking thing I've ever done in terms of weightloss goals...

I use to weigh over 333lbs and didn't stop dropping until I hit about 158lbs... At that point I bulked up to 190lbs and fought like hell to get back down to 175lbs...

Then I bulked up to about 188-189lbs and it took about 5-6 months of hard work to get back down to 169lbs, which I reached last Sept... Today I'm about 174ish at 6'

Not sure why I do it lol, it's not like I'm ever going to try and get on a stage or anything... But I guess this constantly trying to improve myself is what maintenance is going to look like for me 🤷🏽‍♂️

tbggkhla49gp.jpg

Insane progress man. Congrats on working through the struggles.
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Wow @Mr_Healthy_Habits ... You are amazing. That is some inspirational progress right there!!

Thank you guys, it's appreciated 💕...
    That's 2012- 2019
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Your transformation is mind blowing @Mr_Healthy_Habits. Not many people could be disciplined enough to bulk not once but twice after losing such a substantial amount of weight.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    edited December 2019
    Your transformation is mind blowing @Mr_Healthy_Habits. Not many people could be disciplined enough to bulk not once but twice after losing such a substantial amount of weight.

Thank you, very kindly 💕...
    You know I will say that it wasn't actually cutting that 15lbs that was the hardest thing...

The hardest was allowing myself to gain weight back after losing it in the first place...

Marvel movies and Thor had me inspired tho 😂
  • francesca_grey
    francesca_grey Posts: 96 Member
    @Mr_Healthy_Habits I am speechless, WOW. You are inspiring as heck. If you can become Thor I can become She-Ra.

• steveko89

Thank you, very kindly 💕...
    You know I will say that it wasn't actually cutting that 15lbs that was the hardest thing...

The hardest was allowing myself to gain weight back after losing it in the first place...

Marvel movies and Thor had me inspired tho 😂

No joke, that's an incredible transformation.

Captain America (and my wife's obsession with Chris Evans) is what got me to finally start lifting.
  • steveko89
    IF update: I do have to say, since getting back to 16:8 IF right before Thanksgiving, adherence is coming pretty easily and I've been able to adjust my eating routine without too much of an issue. Not counting Thanksgiving weekend, I've hit 77% below maintenance compared with 55% in the 226 days prior (since I got away from IF the last time)... oof is that a depressing number.
  • psuLemon
    Entered my holiday season where I stop logging. We will see how this goes, lol.
  • sardelsa

Ahhh good luck!
  • psuLemon wrote: »

Great minds. I’m tired of logging. I usually maintain ok over the holidays. I try and do a bit more cardio as I only have access to a hotel gym for a week.
  • steveko89

Great minds. I’m tired of logging. I usually maintain ok over the holidays. I try and do a bit more cardio as I only have access to a hotel gym for a week.

Good luck to you both. I don't have any confidence in my ability to effectively maintain without logging at this point. The thought of not gave me low-key anxiety.
  • sardelsa

I've been over logging since 2015 :D .. sometimes I log a day, a meal, a food, only main protein sources. Now I can't be bothered to add anything into my diary
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

Same here... Although I admit it wasn't really planned, I just kind of got tired of it lol

On the weekends I treat myself a bit and during the week it's shrimp or hardboiled eggs in a salad for dinner...

Still happy with the tape measure and the calipers so... ✌🏼