What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: Β»
    When a coworker says "Yeah I use myfitnesspal for tracking calories, you should try it"

Part of me be like 😏
    Other part of me be like 😬

BAHAHAHAHA
    My coworker uses it too. 😬😬😬

πŸ˜‚... Everyone uses this freaking app...
    It's always suprised me how few actually use the forums...

Maybe a lot of lurkers

For real...and the paranoia sets in...Mom? Boss Lady? Client I *kitten* about?...is that you?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: Β»
    tinak33 wrote: Β»
    When a coworker says "Yeah I use myfitnesspal for tracking calories, you should try it"

Part of me be like 😏
    Other part of me be like 😬

BAHAHAHAHA
    My coworker uses it too. 😬😬😬

πŸ˜‚... Everyone uses this freaking app...
    It's always suprised me how few actually use the forums...

Maybe a lot of lurkers

For real...and the paranoia sets in...Mom? Boss Lady? Client I *kitten* about?...is that you?

Oh Geez... "Jesse I'm going to tell your mother" πŸ˜‚
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,059 Member
    Options
    Fugg I can't sleep - need to workout in the morning too - damnit
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    It's Friday and I am leaving work early..... Why am I even here?
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    mbo7uay81s08.gif
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Pizza
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    A Chair
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: Β»
    I get a bus to work and there's a girl who always makes an effort to sit beside me. I noticed her mumbling and humming to herself (in a very weird manner), and chatting to people who aren't there..(schizophrenia?)
    I said something once to be friendly and try to bring her out of her head..and she's sitting beside me now all the time. I don't know what to make of it.

I've lived in large inner-city locales of varying states my whole life... there are always more than a few mumblers out & about & I've also given them kind words, from time to time. In 1 case, this poor, broken soul began taking a swing at me every time he saw me... I was 13 & it was odd, cuz I was the only kid who didn't tease him... the only one. Never could make sense of it, but that's okay, cuz this poor person couldn't make sense of anything all day long.

So, sitting next to you might be the safe place for this poor soul. You've done a good thing, imho.
  • TarryTaffy
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I don't mind if you go keto to help yourself lose weight or chase a goal... God bless you for it

But when you start going on about how potatoes are bad for you... πŸ™„

Him/her: Potatoes are bad for you!
    Me: Damn you to Valhalla, demon!
  • TarryTaffy
    Options
    i would like a β€œ?” reaction button pls

Would a β€œwtf” button suffice ??

I would simultaneously like a LOL button & a For the Love of the god I Don't Believe In, Get Over Yourself button.

Oops... have I said too much... again??
  • TarryTaffy
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I get a bus to work and there's a girl who always makes an effort to sit beside me. I noticed her mumbling and humming to herself (in a very weird manner), and chatting to people who aren't there..(schizophrenia?)
    I said something once to be friendly and try to bring her out of her head..and she's sitting beside me now all the time. I don't know what to make of it.

I've lived in large inner-city locales of varying states my whole life... there are always more than a few mumblers out & about & I've also given them kind words, from time to time. In 1 case, this poor, broken soul began taking a swing at me every time he saw me... I was 13 & it was odd, cuz I was the only kid who didn't tease him... the only one. Never could make sense of it, but that's okay, cuz this poor person couldn't make sense of anything all day long.

So, sitting next to you might be the safe place for this poor soul. You've done a good thing, imho.
    She looks similar in age to me, so I feel empathetic and I don't know nothing about her. I like to be aloof so it feels uncomfortable to chat randomly. It does perturb me though to see people who are very much out of the present, since I don't know what suffering they might be enduring.

You sound like a wonderfully compassionate person. And, I get the aloofness... it's a necessary mask for women navigating alone in a big city. There were times when I'd exit the elevator of 1 particular NYC job & almost rip the door off to enter the office... the receptionist used to announce to me with a laugh, "You still have your subway face on", lol.

What you're doing is wonderful & possibly more meaningful than you'll ever know... that woman feels comfortable sitting next to you for mere minutes of relief in a life probably filled with fear, given her obvious prognosis. And, never worry about aloofness... if you feel the need to be, there's a reason for it... self preservation. All solo women in cities experience the same.

I think you're wonderful! Really.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    y7qoci88iydh.jpeg

i remember........