What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I just watched the new Gillette ad and literally why are people mad about a company wanting people to treat people right? I literally do not understand. Be good to people.

capitalizing on trend to sell product, they don’t give a *kitten* about anything they’re a company

Gillette was overcharging for products for years and then had their hairless, maticullusly shaved bottoms handed to them by Shave Club and other actual grass roots companies. Gillette is trying damage control with their version of Americana grass roots and finally cut (pun intended) thier prices to what they might should have been charging all along, but lost 10's of millions from greed.

thatsnoneofmy.jpg

I 100% agree with this.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    I just watched the new Gillette ad and literally why are people mad about a company wanting people to treat people right? I literally do not understand. Be good to people.

capitalizing on trend to sell product, they don’t give a *kitten* about anything they’re a company

Gillette was overcharging for products for years and then had their hairless, maticullusly shaved bottoms handed to them by Shave Club and other actual grass roots companies. Gillette is trying damage control with their version of Americana grass roots and finally cut (pun intended) thier prices to what they might should have been charging all along, but lost 10's of millions from greed.

thatsnoneofmy.jpg

I 100% agree with this.

I am so confused. Why is everyone talking about Gillette?

Because everyone knows new England is going back to the superbowl

and winning
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Do you ever feel like you are Sir Mix-a-lot in a world filled with Miley Cyrus's? He likes the big butt's and he cannot lie, but everyone is a Miley trying to twerk.

That is Sir Mxyz ptlk
  • iMago
    Options
    Do you ever feel like you are Sir Mix-a-lot in a world filled with Miley Cyrus's? He likes the big butt's and he cannot lie, but everyone is a Miley trying to twerk.

That is Sir Mxyz ptlk

i've always pronounced it as Sir "mix yizz pittle ick". is that correct?
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

That is Sir Mxyz ptlk

In my head it's Mixle Sticks.
  • SirMxyzptlk
    Options

That is Sir Mxyz ptlk

https://youtu.be/VuRqVg6tHcE
  • RomaineCalm
    Options

That is Sir Mxyz ptlk

Yup, I'm sticking to Mixle Sticks.
  • SirMxyzptlk
    Options

That is Sir Mxyz ptlk

Yup, I'm sticking to Mixle Sticks.

That's emasculating.

I mean, not as much as my winey voice and the red and organge sleeves look, but dang....
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

thatsnoneofmy.jpg

I 100% agree with this.

They released a commercial basically asking men to try to be better. And a lot of people are mad about it.

I realize that they're probably just hopping on a bandwagon to #1 garner attention for the brand and #2 to try and look like they're "ahead" of the game but tbh, I don't see a problem with the message that they're sending.

But people have a tendency to be easily offended sometimes, which they are by this particular commercial.

If you (other people, not you specifically) want to talk about their business tactics and *kitten* things they've done in the past, that's another story. I'm only talking about this one commercial.

I think it’s complete nonsense that any man (or anyone, really) would be offended by that commercial. The words are true. Man has been taught since the dawn of.... well, since the dawn of man, to respect dominance through an antiquated sense of masculinity. The world is learning that it’s more important to be a respectful individual, although perhaps way to slowly.

Gillette has blatantly shoehorned some Hallmark sentiment into a commercial in an attempt to have men forget that they charge 40 freaking bucks for 5 blades. The twitter outrage only serves to prove that those upset by it are so “woke”, they can’t see an obvious and desperate marketing ploy screaming at them.

IMO.... of course.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,558 Member
    Options

thatsnoneofmy.jpg

I 100% agree with this.

and winning

If they go I’m gonna be convinced the NFL is rigged more so than I already am
  • iMago
    Options

thatsnoneofmy.jpg

I 100% agree with this.

and winning

hold up there the NFL is okay still imo (granted Brady is MY BOY so i'm biased sorry)

the NBA is the rigged one
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,558 Member
    Options

thatsnoneofmy.jpg

I 100% agree with this.

and winning

hold up there the NFL is okay still imo (granted Brady is MY BOY so i'm biased sorry)

As a Minnesotan I dunno about that.

I DO know that I watched the Vikings play a pretty good season and then play like 12 year olds when it mattered
  • iMago
    Options

thatsnoneofmy.jpg

I 100% agree with this.

and winning

I DO know that I watched the Vikings play a pretty good season and then play like 12 year olds when it mattered

^ me back when Daunte Culpepper played for them in 2000
  • RomaineCalm
    Options

thatsnoneofmy.jpg

I 100% agree with this.

and winning

I knew you sounded Midwestern.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I say it as I spelled it lol.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    What's this 10 year challenge everyone is talking about?