JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/iTmcGy9CWhE

Fun recipes for this holiday
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Allie, hugs for you.

Got my oil changed this morning. Just in time as my little wrench lit up on the way to the dealership. At least I’m getting the important things done. Since the official online procrastination study ended Monday, I’ve given myself permission to abandon that one until the next round. I got almost caught up with my Christmas study while waiting on my car to be serviced.

I’ll try to pop in more frequently.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    :)
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Oh well, it is what it is.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

This is how I have been feeling lately, as well. It's all like a train wreck that I can't look away from. Watching isn't really productive, yet, I can't not watch.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • OregonMother
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss, Allie. I am thankful that you were able to be there at the end. I am sure that meant a lot to Chester. <3

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • OregonMother
    Options

Heather - at least your election is over. I would go bonkers with elections held continually (it seems). I dread next year with the massive election advertising which will be taking over the TV. Might pay the extra and go "ad free" where we can, lol. But then we'd miss out on all of those prescription drug commercials and "medic alert" items that seem to come on every ten minutes lol. :# And, I had no idea so many people used/needed catheters and that women's hygiene products were no longer "one size fits all" lol. :o What next?

Lanette
    Rainy SW WA with 2" in the rain gauge in the past 24 hours. Hooray!

Oh, Lanette. This delighted me so very much. I was thinking, "Why can't we vote and replace every few months??" I don't know how they get anything done.

We don't get national political ads. We don't watch a lot of network television, so maybe that's why. We didn't get them in Kansas either. I always figured the national politicians realized that they weren't going to shift either one of those states. Now local ads, oh my. I am bracing myself.

I am heading up your way in a few hours -- I'll wave as I pass your off ramp.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Still at work and we will getting out soon for Christmas Party ...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, Your decision to go to Powell's books to choose gifts for your daughter and her family sounds just like the spirit of Christmas giving should be. You are going to put yourself out and take your time and energy to do something you know they will treasure and enjoy.

<3 Barbie
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Truckery (Sharon) ~ So glad to hear from you!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharon! Where have you been? :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I am heading up your way in a few hours -- I'll wave as I pass your off ramp.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

Flea - just honk REAL LOUD when you go by the Hwy 12 exit to Yakima, lol. I'll hear ya! Have a safe trip and enjoy your visit with Mom <3

Just got back from Christmas lunch with my 2 Master Gardener girlfriends. Always a great time yakking with them. How did I get so lucky! :)

Had time to kill before lunch so wandered into the thrift store and got a really nice vegetarian cookbook for $1.00. I want to start eating more plant based meals. Will be throwing together a big pot of Minestrone tomorrow. I used to alter the recipe and put beef stew meat in it but that doesn't even sound good anymore. :/ No idea why! So vegetarian it will be.

Katla
    - I had forgotten Powell's has used books. Just had heard that it's "the place" lol. Wow, whenever I make it down there I'd better plan on making a day of it, right? :) Good luck in your book search!!

Hey Sharon! Just saw you pop in. B) Missed ya!

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Trucker Sharon! Ahhh! So nice to hear from you! <3 Come back soon!
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Allie: 😢😢😢😢

Katla: I have a wonderful memory of my one and only trip to Powell's. Have a fun time browsing.

Barbie: I feel for your student who has to limit the time away from her DH.

Flea: Hope mom perks up with your visit.

Barbara
    : I now have adult fudge on the brain. 😋

I made a 'healthy' gingerbread muffin recipe in a muffin pan shaped like Christmas trees and snowmen. Tastes great, but I'm disappointed that the shaped sides of the muffin aren't as defined as I'd hope. Didn't want to go to the trouble of decorating, so these will be for DH, DB and me to nibble on this week.

I'm continuing to do a few minutes of decluttering everyday, and now also tackling the necessary VA forms. He has been calm and pleasant that past few days, and I think playing holiday music for about an hour a day is helping. He remembers many of the songs, and if he doesn't, he at least moves to the beat. Music is so healing on so many levels.

And here is more of what I'm grateful for:
    #26: Form of expression - Reiki
    #27: Small thing I use daily – Battery powered milk frother to make my everyday coffee just a little more special
    #28: Small thing happened today – DH and Mars the cat both slept until 8 AM! It was so nice to take the extra 90 minutes to rest in bed.

Take care friends. We can do this.
    Rori
    Colorado Foothills