WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR DECEMBER 2019

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Barbara - Hmmmm! DH is balking, but I know he can do it if in the right mood. ;) I will have to catch him at the right moment!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    <3
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    qrzsuh5803ly.jpeg
    On sale $16.99 hoping it comes soon. Has a lot in a kit but starts withv2lb resistance can work up to way more as I go until I get to a spot I feel is far enough

Barbara- sent the link for cooling bands to Dad he’s at Gibson’s so he grabbing me one! Hubby uses something similar at work told him when he buys more grab me some!

Carol- Yeah struggling to keep on KETO 100% trying tho. Eating more meat than I was tho🌮 even if I still grab carbs lol. If I do Keto 100% I get a headache. So a few carbs mixed in seems to off set that. Also ate cheese pizza yesterday that wasn’t on the menu for Keto. Some times success other times fall off into carbo wagon hard.

Rori- Thankyou added it’s to my watch list for the YouTube.

Amber Tx
  • knitski2002
    knitski2002 Posts: 64 Member
    edited December 2019
    I managed to take my usual walk today. The air temp is 2 degrees with a wind chill of -7. Am I crazy? Maybe. I did my gift wrapping this morning. I have one more thing yet to arrive.

Shirley from Northern NY
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 929 Member
    Good morning, afternoon, evening to you all.

I’m in a bit of a stressed state this week. We are preparing to travel for several days and I have to get everything ready….cook, deal with all the food that may go bad, charge all surveillance camera batteries, feed the hummingbirds, pack a lot of gear taking care not to forget the Imodium :).

KJ-I had a similar shock to ACA. The premiums for even a basic level of care are insane. Right now, I have group coverage, but I suspect that won’t be for much longer and I’ll be back on the ACA. It was actually the same to pay the COBRA amount and it was better coverage. The good thing is that ACA does allow some to have coverage that otherwise wouldn’t, but really they need to get those premiums down and coverage up.

Gifting - For a few years I bought intangible gifts. For example, I adopted a star for a sister. For another, I adopted a whale. For a friend who was somewhat food insecure, I bought a gift card to a grocery store. I used to buy gift certificates for experiences for the mister, but he forgets to use them. Now he gets nothing, and he’s fine with it.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Heather - congrats on being chosen

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    :heart:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Barbara Josephine the Ballerina is going through cycles of chemo. She goes home for a few weeks & then in the hospital for about a week. I'm not sure how many rounds she has to go through. She can move & feel her affected leg/foot better than before but is still not walking without crutches or other assistance. She is such a doll.

Lisa Ugh…family dynamics can be soul-draining. (((Hugs)))

Karen in Virginia

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Machka y Michele- I better not stop exercising then if these could worsen from not exercising I don’t want to find out! My 1st peri I had terrible hot flashes my hair y eye brows fell out y when a boss stuck a thermometer 🌡 in my mouth it showed I was running a high fever...few seconds later hot flashes passed retook my temp I was normal again (Did make my male boss realize it’s not in his wife,my,or other female workers heads tho!). I’m going to bring 2 chilled maybe 4 waters for when we go shopping to haircut for Daughter so when shopping triggers them I can whoooo take a sip.
    Amber Tx

I don't get a fever with mine. I can feel like I'm walking through fire and I'm pouring sweat, but it's all surface and there is no fever.

The worst part of mine is all the preliminary stuff ... the feeling sick, painfully prickly skin, dizziness, nausea almost to the point of throwing up, etc. ... like morning sickness. That stuff goes on for probably 5-15 minutes before each hot flash.

Then I go into the heat and sweat business for about 1-10 minutes, and it's over. The heat and sweat part is a relief because all the other nonsense stops and I know it's going to be over soon.

So fairly strenuous exercise seems to reduce or eliminate the preliminary stuff, and since I'm sweating anyway because of the fairly strenuous exercise, I don't really notice the hot flash part much.

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    Went to water exercise this morning and then into town to pick up a few stocking stuffers. Have finished Christmas letter and will print and send out this weekend. It was hard to write. DH usually wrote it and I really had no idea what to say about his death. Oh well, it is done. Went to choir party last night. Theme was "Sound of Music" since 2019 is the 60th anniversary of the movie. We did some trivia and ate some Austrian food. My Austrian chocolate balls went over well. DD tried them out and pronounced them good. We had a surprise rehearsal at the end. Director brought music unbeknownst to us, so we practiced for Sunday and Christmas Eve. A fun evening.

Everyone take care, Sue in very rainy WA whose temporarily repaired roof is currently not leaking
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Went out with Trudy and Susan and hit a couple of happy hours. I just had one wine spritzer and water as I have to drop stuff off at other offices tomorrow. We had a great time..
    Stopped at vet and brought Chester back home...miss him dearly.. but will keep him here until Tom and Elena get home..

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    💤😴💤
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    <3Tina, hugs to you and the mister. Hope they have good news for you.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    I feel God could have skipped making hot flashes! The end he knows where I stand in that.
    Amber Tx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Wrapped the presents. We only have 2 more trees to decorate. Vince said that next year he wants to start in Sept. So do I. At least if we get the inside things done, break to decorate for Halloween, then do the outside, I'll feel more like I can enjoy the holidays

Tina - prayers and hugs

Had Newcomer bowling tonight. Soup kitchen tomorrow. Then I'll go to the post office to mail the package for Denise.

Michele in NC