WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR DECEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Lanette - That is a beautiful thought and one I try to remember. I have differences with my DDIL , but it is their life and they make their own decisions. I have a tendency to think everyone should think like me, but, alas, they don't. I am learning to let it go. ;) They are adults and they certainly don't need to ask me what they should do. If they ask me for advice I will say what I think, but I can't see that happening!

At the show this afternoon Edie was in one of her non cooperative moods. :# She told her mum she was nervous and embarrassed about performing, but I think it is more about stirring it. I'm not inside her head, so i can't judge, but she certainly likes to go against the flow. I adore her, <3 but she is going to be trouble when she hits puberty! :o
    It poured with rain when we were leaving! Ugh! Everybody drenched. I did have my umbrella with me.
    Home safe and sound.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I think I intermittently fast and not realize it. So we have dinner most nights at 5-5:30 pm then some mornings I just have coffee and have lunch at noon, then dinner at 5 pm. So I don't eat from 5pm to 12 noon. I usually do this 2 to 3 times a week. I need ta read Beth's book!💖 Good job on the doc visit! Proud of you!
    💖Rebecca
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    SuziQ .. the Good Housekeeping fudge looks delicious ... I am one of those people who "go the traditional route and make fudge by standing over the stove while you stir, adjust the heat and meticulously test the temperature." My recipe comes off an old Hershey cocoa can.

Allie ... so very sorry ....

Lisa ... loved the mug! Hope your daughter will be all right.

Rebecca ... if you don't eat from 5pm until 12:00 ... you are most definitely fasting! Fast 5 (a free download off of Dr. Bert Herring's site and a very, very short read) calls for fasting 19 hours and eating within a 5 hour window. The AC: Appetite Correction book I mentioned is about 8.00 and can be downloaded onto your computer with a kindle reader. It pretty much says the same thing as Fast-5 with updates that include encouraging people to stay away from artificial sweeteners, setting their eating window any time they want as long as they've gone 18-19 hours without eating before hand, and giving strategies for dealing with hunger, social situations, nay-sayers, etc. When I asked my doctor if she was aware of Herring's Fast-5/AC approach, she was and she approved.

Beth near Buffalo where my Misfit produce box delivered today did not tolerate our snowstorm .... sigh
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Heather I've just started watching "Vera" I enjoy it very much, but I often will fall asleep during the show :s
    and will have to rewind and watch during the daytime. It must be the amazing countryside that is featured in the show, it puts me in a very relaxed state!

3 concerts down and 3 more to go. The joy and excitement the kids feel is palpable, they do tend to rush, rush, rush the beat. I had all my cello players wear red noses during their performance of Rudolph, priceless and adorable.

I'm beat but happy with the kids performances so far. and woops! I fell off the wagon into a cinnamon roll, yikes, I don't even like cinnamon rolls!

NYKAREN
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Beth, thank you for the info!💖
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Getting behind again.
    RORI agree with what others have said, you've done your best, now time for a little rest

HEATHER You've still got the same cheeky smile, recognised you right away

Kate UK <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    <3
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian chili y Peanut butter pancakes today. JR ate more than me he loves peanut butter pancakes 🥞

Amber Tx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    YVONNE as a librarian I loved classifying books, using DDC. All gone now the books come ready processed.

Kate UK <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    HUGS Allie. :'(<3:'(<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx