WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR DECEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Day 28 - December 12
    Hm, I have not been up that long so not much has happened. Up to this point in the day I am grateful my body is "regular" which really isn't a small thing. ;)
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Greetings one and all.

Allie - So sorry to hear about Chester. You really have had a go of it. We are all sending positive thoughts you hear something soon about the job. Big hug to you.
    Michelle - I hear you. But Christmas is less than two weeks away and I was thinking by relaxing a little on the issue you will feel better and be able to concentrate on all of the good things and traditions you enjoy. And, sometimes in the letting go we are actually showing more love. Reading through your story has made me appreciate my mom's life lessons. My childhood was not an easy one, but through it all she made sure I was comfortable in my own skin. She understood I needed to grow and flex on my own and create my own path and traditions. The hardest thing to do is to let go for any of us. And, thinking about how stubborn I can be, if someone puts the heat on too high to choose what they want/desire, the more I go in the opposite direction. So maybe with less pressure and/or acceptance the outcome you desire may happen.
    Heather - I enjoyed seeing the pictures of you and your cousins. I agree it is wonderful to fact check our memories!
    Barbara - What a schedule! Maybe I should not be in such a rush to retire. :smiley:
    KJ - Would love to have a copy of the adult fudge recipe! I usually make two to three batches during this time of year and the recipes are cheaters with Fluff and/or condensed milk.
    Lisa - Your Christmas sounds lovely. Charlie and I would spend our Christmases together with a once-in-a-blue-moon drive up north to see the families. And, honestly, I loved the quite ones more than the stressed be here, be there ones.

Well ladies I have to cut it short as I am trying to get in to work by 7. We are going through user acceptance and data validation tasks which have all of us totally stressed out - especially since we are also moving like mad to get deals closed up so we can have another big year. On a very bright side we are going to be receiving our holiday bonuses tomorrow. And, we are also building bikes for Children in Distress. The money, no matter how much (we never know), is always appreciated. Give me a penny more and I am happy!

The scale has stalled. Which is entirely due to me. I have been enjoying tastes of my favorite things. I am actually very happy because I can enjoy the season. I am not ignoring the scale because its daily reminder is the way I remind myself not to over-indulge.

Hugs to all.
    SuziQ - S FL
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Michele, that litter box cake does NOT sound appetizing to me :noway: :sick: :laugh:
    Machka your fixed length text file format error rejections remind me of the shopping carts of computer printout “dump”ed because I keypunched a comma in the wrong place. :(P “...so maybe I'll put on some Christmas music”. Great idea!
    Barbara

Because I eat more on sight and texture than taste, I would have a very tough time with a cake like that!!

And yep, it's the same sort of thing. One of my files recently was rejected because I needed two commas at the end to designate two blank fields. I had checked previous submissions and thought mine looked the same, but missed those two commas. I get a big red dot beside the file that says "Fail" when something like that happens. :neutral: Fortunately I don't take it to heart, I just start searching the file for missing commas, etc.

M in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,094 Member
    Options
    On page 28. Will catch up later. 💕💖💕
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Long, long day today!!

I left home at about 8:30 am to catch the bus to work ... and came home about 10 pm.

I had a full day of work, trying to get these submissions done. As usual, the process is crawling along.

And then my husband and I went to the AGM of the local Brain Injury association. In a quick and painless meeting, among other things, I've been elected as a Committee Member on the board. I'm a General Member, not an Office Bearer.

After the meeting there was mingling and Christmas goodies, then my husband and I grabbed a quick dinner at Zambreros.

Now, one of the difficulties of not driving is that buses are infrequent in the evenings. We got to the bus stop at 8:15 pm, but didn't get home till 10 pm.

Tired now!

Tomorrow ... I just don't know how it's going to go. Dr appointment in the morning to get measles vax, shingles vax and have punch biopsy on mole. I didn't react to the first measles vax so I hope I don't react to the second. But the rest ... who knows.

Machka in Oz

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Suzi Q- This is the fudge that I (or my son) makes every year. We aren't Jack Daniels fans; so we use Grand Traverse Cherry Whiskey. Gives the fudge a wonderful chocolate covered cherry flavor (with a punch!). The person who wrote this recipe online forgot to add the chocolate to the list of ingredients. So...you will want to make sure you have a 12oz bag of chocolate chips. We use dark chocolate to go with the cherry, but the semi sweet works just as well. It does use marshmallows; so it isn't a true fudge. But it helps it set us so nice and keeps a really smooth texture. Not grainy at all.
    Warning: Not conducive to any weight loss plan. lol https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/dessert-candy/jack-daniels-fudge.html
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Kelly ~ Here is the recipe with the chocolate!
    https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/1759705033/jack-daniels-fudge/
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    Qqqqqq
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Suzi Q- This is the fudge that I (or my son) makes every year. We aren't Jack Daniels fans; so we use Grand Traverse Cherry Whiskey. Gives the fudge a wonderful chocolate covered cherry flavor (with a punch!). The person who wrote this recipe online forgot to add the chocolate to the list of ingredients. So...you will want to make sure you have a 12oz bag of chocolate chips. We use dark chocolate to go with the cherry, but the semi sweet works just as well. It does use marshmallows; so it isn't a true fudge. But it helps it set us so nice and keeps a really smooth texture. Not grainy at all.
    Warning: Not conducive to any weight loss plan. lol https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/dessert-candy/jack-daniels-fudge.html

Thank you KJ! I am laughing.....5 cups of sugar and the recipe states it serves 10! Oh, my. I do love fudge, but like sharing it more. Maybe instead of the cookies I plan to bake (my weakness) I will make fudge this year!
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    My favorite fudge recipe for this time of year. I do not make the peanut butter version. I layer the other two. I make the chocolate version, allow to cool, and then layer the white chocolate version on top. I do not microwave - I cook on the stove top. And, skip the food coloring. It's really pretty with the green pistachios and the red cranberries and looks "special" since it's layered. :smile:

https://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/food-drinks/recipes/a10905/microwave-fudge-sampler-122215/

For the "left over" ingredients (yes, I alter most recipes) I just make a small batch of regular chocolate fudge. KJ this year I may add cherries. I love that combo!
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Allie, I'm so sorry you have to say goodbye to Chester. You've had one heck of a couple years, my dear friend. Thinking of you today.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday ladies!

BarbaraAHMOD - I love your long posts, your comments have led me to go back and scan for missed posts more than once. :D

Have you made any decisions on WIndows 10? This morning, this laptop, after going through a large Windows update, started acting twitchy. Didn't get a blue screen but refused to boot until it did a lengthy utility. Sigh. Now that it's working I hastily did backup of my budget file, but I don't trust it.

Maybe getting a cheap Dell on sale with Windows 10 and downloading Open Office might be a decision I'll have to make sooner than later. I'll start shopping for them when I'm in town tomorrow.

Will do a defrag and see if that makes it happy in the meantime.

Beth - your success with 19:5 is very, very inspiring. Thank you for sharing! Doing the happy dance for you. :D

It's been a great year for many of you who have adopted a Keto or modified fasting plan.... a few years ago, these types of plans were unheard-of. Thank you so much for sharing!

SuziQ - if WW hadn't changed their website several years ago after Oprah bought in (not blaming her, I know it was time for them to get smart-phone friendly) I'd probably still be there. I was at maintenance and able to use the site for free as long as I weighed in with them every month or two. But their switchover wasn't very functional on my PC despite their promises they were working on it, and now there very few meeting sites in our area for weigh-ins. Overall I like MFP lots better, and this group is tops!

Allie - (((HUGS))) Chester will be missed a lot!! But as you said, Tom & Elena won't have to worry about him anymore when they head south for a bit.

Starting to read “On the Brink of Everything”. Interesting essays. Taking time to digest them. On the brink doesn’t have to connote something negative. It can be on the brink of a breakthrough. A new way of thinking. I can choose.

In reading how so many of you handle the stress of Christmas and family far away with diplomacy and patience, I realized what I can give myself this Christmas:

Forgiveness. Freedom to not judge and not be resentful. Freedom to find that silver lining and be grateful for everything, not just when things go my way or people act like I think they should. (That's a hard one as I look at DH, lol) I try to keep this foremost in my mind all the time, but at Christmas it seems more necessary. ;)

Barbie, glad your new walking shoes arrived. Happy feet, lol.

It's getting light out, and the rain isn't here yet. Time to pull on my shoes and get going.

Make it a fabulous Thursday! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    2vphhkyaaj2n.jpeg
    p7n5ojupo87d.jpeg
    1hiknvhq0l1c.jpeg
    g5xlcxngxohv.jpeg
    0ca4r9l1qt56.jpeg
    3527t8hui2pw.jpeg
    126wkw7cqbc6.jpeg
    7wg1jzjifcvy.jpeg
    xcj2n05qu1me.jpeg
    gdackcpn4phx.jpeg
    ozr05f63kjao.jpeg
    r3xubdj1xrqi.jpeg
    c9o3i29ifoxq.jpeg
    Since being on MFP my food hoarding has improved a lot! Went from 2 fridges full to a partially full one. Cabinets no longer are full along with the pantry. Less in the garage than before used to be cases y cases out there. Look into a Food hoarder who’s still working on it:

Amber Tx