Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon to all. I've got the decorations all up. I still need to finish cleaning out the craft room, but I'm down to all of the "tricky" items. You know, the ones that you don't know if you should keep or discard and if you keep it you don't know where to put it. Oh, my.... life can be so complicated!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Pineapple - I had issues with fresh pineapple in the past. Someone in Hawaii said to rinse it after you peel it and it won't bother me...it worked. I can eat it without the tingling now. Thankfully. I love it.

We are off to Mexico for a diving vacation this month. Travel is our Christmas gift to each other. It is much better than more stuff. We try to go somewhere every year for the holidays. We rarely buy each other gifts, but we take each other on trips. The gift is the other person does the planning!

Hugs to all who need them. December is tough for many. Thinking of you.

Tina in CA

Fresh pineapple does feel a bit soapy so maybe I should try rinsing it.

I'm with you ... travel is our Christmas gift to each other. :) My husband and I are adults over 50 now and have lots of stuff ... instead, we enjoy spending time together without pressures of work, uni, etc., doing something fun! :) For me, that's much better than getting another ornament or piece of clothing or whatever.

There is an adage for fashion. You are all dressed and ready to go with all your accessories. Now take one accessory off so you will look more put together. Perhaps preparing for the Holidays could use this advice. Take one thing off your plate and use that time to pamper yourself because you are worth it.

:heart: Margaret

This is worth repeating!!

The main reason I like Christmas and look forward to it is because it is time off for me ... it's time for me to relax and let go of the stress of the rest of the year.

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Went to the water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Advanced Strength DVD

Karen – I haven’t posted photos of our decorations yet mainly since they aren’t done yet. We have the “fence” around the house with the lights on it and so far have lights on the arches for about ¾ of it. We’ll probably finish that part today. After they are on, it’ll go pretty fast. Rolling out the extension cords (I think Vince put out some of them just to be sure that the channels work), putting out the blowmolds and inflatables along with other decorations. Most of the video stuff is done since we had videos in the windows from Halloween so that screens are up and the projector is up. We usually don’t put the speakers outside for Christmas but broadcast it on the FM radio (there are speakers for Halloween).

SuziQ – don’t worry, you are in no way being critical. Denise IS very selfish. The bad thing (that I feel) is that Maria basically will give her and Pete what they want and tell them that they’re OK (being selfish). Yes, I would love to have PJ here, to be able to sit in my father’s rocking chair and feed him a bottle. To be able to see him wrapped in the quilt that I made (it took years for me to do it). I don’t think we’re going to tell her that not coming here is OK. At least not right now. Mainly because if we say it’s OK now, I fear it’ll be taken that every year it’s OK. I believe and I have no proof of this, that it is Maria who is telling them “they can come here, it’s easier for them since they’re retired”. I honestly don’t think Pete would think of something like that on his own. This year for Christmas Eve I’m planning that Jess, Colby, Vince, myself, will be here and I’ve invited friends of mine here since they aren’t going to Miami to see her grandson and another friend who has family problems. Then, when Denise is here I’ve invited Jess’ friend, her hubby, their son, her MIL, Jess, possibly Colby, Vince, myself, a friend of mine who just moved to NC, Denise, Pete, PJ, Maria said she was coming but I’m willing to bet she doesn’t, the lady across the street, her daughter and her mother. Her husband is deployed to Afghanistan and won’t be home until March. Jess has said that she wants to invite our family vet and his wife. A few years ago Denise asked us that we don’t invite Jess’ bf. To me, the holiday is about sharing, not just “only blood family”. They saw the decorations last year, but I bet Pete has no idea how much goes into making them. Like he probably doesn’t realize that to make the lights on the “fence” look like they’re chasing, you need a separate channel on the controller (so that means different extension cords). Same with the lights on the arches. I am willing to have our Christmas another day when it works into their schedule

After exercise went to pick up a lap quilt that I made, I was having someone else quilt it for me because that is one thing I absolutely HATE to do. Then went to the Salvation Army then WalMart then home and put out more decorations. Got the arches finished and most of the “fence”. Tomorrow Vince said he’s thinking of putting out the blowmolds and inflatables after he finishes the fence. Got the blocks down for all the connections (and there are LOTS of them)

Margaret – 10 different kinds of cookies???? I’m planning to make only two. The M&M ones that Vince’ll eat the leftovers and the ginger ones that I can give the leftovers away. For Christmas eve I’ll probably make an apple pie but for our Christmas (Jan 5) I’ll ask Amanda to bring one if she asks if she can bring anything. I’ll also make this chocolate thing that Vince’ll eat. Got my desserts planned out

Found out the Y is closed (at least the pool is) for maintenance next week. Personally, this time of year – the holidays – is when people NEED to exercise, why don’t they shut down in July when lots of people are away???? Wisdom!

Mary – the controllers are already out, lots of lights are out, the fence is up and lit. Most of the infrastructure is already done. To take all this in would take WEEKS. It’s taken weeks to put it up

Michele in NC

s4hypbx7y8g1.jpg

• LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Rebecca Love the sign! And I’m ready to remove the scale until next year.

Kim I can’t imagine all those cookies!! I’m grateful I don’t have to bake any since I am not eating any this year. It’s hard to stay away from sugar!!

FrankiesGirl Pretty tree!

Michele Your yard sounds incredible. We haven’t put anything outside. We talked about a garland around the deck, but that’s not even happened so far. The quilt is so very precious! I hope everything works out okay so that the kids come to you.

Lisa Your quiet Christmas sounds lovely! I love sitting in front of the fire together! Your quilt sounds beautiful! I’m sure your niece will love it!

Heather We have been receiving deliveries from Amazon, also. I don’t plan them that well, so they arrive in splatters. DH comes in and says what did we get today? I also order from Walmart which works about the same. I use them to deliver so I don’t have to carry it all in from the car. I need to send a gift to the delivery man!! I also love what you said about Christmas and memories. I keep hoping to have better memories every year instead of dwelling on the past – but it is difficult at times.

Suebdew Nessa looks so beautiful!

Allie I hope you hear good news about the job soon! What a great holiday gift that would be!

<3 Luci in WNC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

no gym workout today, went to work early
    wahoo strap didn't record some of the time

bike ride hm 2 gym, windy- 7.33min, 12.6amph, 144mhr, 1.58mi= didn't record apple watch- 68c bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.21min, 16.5amph, 146mhr, 1.47mi= didn't record apple watch- 51c bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 16.50min, 10.9amph, 148mhr, 3.05mi= didn't record, est 150c apple watch- 102c jog sta 2 wrk- 5.52min, 8min mi, 145mhr, .73mi= didn't record apple watch- 66c jog wrk 2 sta- 4.31min, 9.51min mi, 148mhr, .45mi= 83c apple watch- 73c bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.43min, 8.6amph, 2.67mi= 210c apple watch- 137c

total cal 628
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💤😴
  • Roseabc123
    Roseabc123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone. I am mostly set for Christmas. I have been to 2 Christmas socials and ate very little at both of them. I have my shopping done and most of my wrapping. Next on the list is to think about food...but that can wait a week or so!
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's “todo”s (reschedule MD appt, make KJ's adult fudge, rum balls, light the tree, chiro appt, make cheese ball) done yesterday. Today Joe took Shadow, Tumble and me to House Rock and the dog park. Meant missing the first half hour of T'ai Chi, but since I've been nagging him to do something with me, felt I had to take the opportunity. Took Shadow in drenching rain to dog group, introduced her to the 4 faithful people and Tuco the wonder dog. She was a little hesitant and shy of both at first, but followed Tuco ok and was reasonable on the leash. It was drenching, blustery and cold so we all gave it up in less than 10 minutes. Got so chilled I started sneezing and pooped out on Advent services. Tomorrow will grind almonds for almond crescents, prep veggies, grill chicken breasts, make spiced maple pecans for Friday's sweet potato dish, comb Tumble, do another load of laundry and sneak a few ornaments onto the tree when Shadow is outside with Joe.

KJ thank you THANK you thank YOU for your adult fudge recipe. Have been trying to make fudge for at least 60 years and yours made the absolute best ever, and not just for the booze. Perfect texture, not too hard, not too gooey, melt in your mouth YUM. It was a huge hit at the chick flick night. BTW Kurt Russel has aged very well, and was appreciated by one and all.
    RvRita ((hugs)) for coping with your bearish DH. Brava for maintaining!
    Amber your DH “Me Caveman” cracked me up. So that's why Joe buys pinto beans and rice in 50 lb sacks! I'm a bit of a food hoarder too, pantry is crammed but it's all stuff we use. Freezer purge is going better and fridge is right where it should be. Do NOT look at the candy stash in my office, OK?
    Sue in WA “1000 pound horse” walked over you? OWWW.
    SuziQ thanks for the link! Will try that method with my next fresh pineapple. :heart: your attitude about your journey and could not agree more about gratitude for this safe place and the wonderful women who make it so.
    Yvonne, :heart: the DDC and Merry 394.266. While library collection search engines are certainly faster, I miss the wonderful old card indexes in their oaken cabinets.
    Michele “... and not a single one broke...” Oh, nooooo! :laugh:
    Welcome rumbaimom, walkswithart.
    LuciB thanks for the Shark recommendation.
    Rebecca “when what to my wondering eyes should appear...” you got me snorting my water again! :laugh: Then... “planning” hahaha.
    Kim “106 dozen” cookies not as many as you usually do??? OmiGosh! Who gets all those cookies?
    Frankiesgirl21 lovely tree.
    Michele, that litter box cake does NOT sound appetizing to me :noway: :sick: :laugh:
    Machka your fixed length text file format error rejections remind me of the shopping carts of computer printout “dump”ed because I keypunched a comma in the wrong place. :(P “...so maybe I'll put on some Christmas music”. Great idea!
    Lisa your “deep in the heart” quilt design sounds perfect. Can't wait to see it ;)
    Margaret 'Decorating is fun for me because it makes me think about all the people who had touched my life “ Ditto. Mama used to make 2 different kinds of cookies, almond crescents and holiday nut balls. I make at least 2 sometimes 3 kinds of fudge, 2 flavors of rum balls and usually some English Toffee and/or spicy trail mix in addition to those cookies. This year I'll skip the trail mix, the holiday nut balls, and maybe the toffee, but not the almond crescents, for the Mama memories.
    Heather you look so happy in those pics. ;}
    Beth great news about your labs and glucose levels. So happy for you!
    Tina in CA safe travels!
    Suebdew “[Riley] lights up our life, keeps us active and brings us so much joy” Yes! So glad Joe changed his mind and we now have Shadow to keep us all (including Tumble) active and joyous.
    Kay are you OK?

Gratitude day #27 small daily used thing: my electric toothbrush. Gives a structured time for balance practice (thanks Kate in UK) while cleaning all those teeth I want to keep. ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for December: get up and go outside EVERY day!
    daily: steps=3015 yesterday, 5880 so far today. vits=8.5 log=11 CI<CO=9 CI<250<CO=2 Tumble 5/10=6 mfp=11 AF=8 outside=5
    wkly: BBBorTC=5/6 rx=2 dance=1 pack walk=1.1
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= dog group email lilst= sew= play=
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3