Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Replies

• pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 3,572 Member Member Posts: 3,572 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    crzbwa6nfqdl.jpg

yes!

Where do you find these images?? Most everything you've posted I want to make!! Or at least try a (HUGE) bite.

Yelp, mostly. Lucky to live near some pretty amazing restaurants haha
  • RCPVRCPV Member Posts: 487 Member Member Posts: 487 Member
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 3,572 Member Member Posts: 3,572 Member
    ekst961yagj0.jpg

au gratin potatoes... droooool. can't wait for Christmas Eve and my Grandma's recipe :)
  • lx1xlx1x Member Posts: 27,096 Member Member Posts: 27,096 Member
    RCPV wrote: »
    Bubingka
    o2iasbfecjmf.png

I miss those..
  • jlhalley7835jlhalley7835 Member Posts: 187 Member Member Posts: 187 Member
    I would love a big bowl of gumbo in these colder temps!

As long as you don't put in okra, I'm in!
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    I'm back to wanting peppermint, this time ice cream! A friend posted about Haagen Daaz peppermint ice cream which would be my first choice. Then saw Talenti has a peppermint and Dryers or Bryers has a peppermint hot chocolate while the other has peppermint stick. I was going to buy peppermint ice cream at the store since it's just a yearly treat and forgot today! Is it worth the lines to get it this weekend?

k5lvami8qwaa.png
    dvf80eizs7nj.jpeg

These are my two favorties!
  • Katmary71Katmary71 Member Posts: 3,555 Member Member Posts: 3,555 Member
    I'm back to wanting peppermint, this time ice cream! A friend posted about Haagen Daaz peppermint ice cream which would be my first choice. Then saw Talenti has a peppermint and Dryers or Bryers has a peppermint hot chocolate while the other has peppermint stick. I was going to buy peppermint ice cream at the store since it's just a yearly treat and forgot today! Is it worth the lines to get it this weekend?

k5lvami8qwaa.png
    dvf80eizs7nj.jpeg

That's the peppermint hot chocolate I saw on Facebook, it looks so good! Shoot, i don't want you go to the store this weekend only for ice cream but I'm tempted!

k5lvami8qwaa.png
    dvf80eizs7nj.jpeg

That's the peppermint hot chocolate I saw on Facebook, it looks so good! Shoot, i don't want you go to the store this weekend only for ice cream but I'm tempted!

Consider it a gift to yourself :)

lol gumbo literally means okra you can't have one without the other :D

• slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 241,999 Member Member Posts: 241,999 Member
    Everything from the last 5 pages.. I'm craving sweets
  • PaperDoll_PaperDoll_ Member Posts: 21,071 Member Member Posts: 21,071 Member

Now I want fried okra 😋

Hahaha! :D Guess I'm out then.
  • goatggoatg Member, Premium Posts: 1,401 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,401 Member
    Literally everything, starting with something chocolatey and with good texture.
  • mtaratootmtaratoot Member Posts: 3,042 Member Member Posts: 3,042 Member

Jambalaya doesn't have to have okra, so you're still ok with some creole food, but yeah, you really can't make gumbo without okra. But... even if you don't like okra, have you TRIED gumbo? It's not slimy like some okra can be. It's really good.

Pickled okra is a favorite garnish for the best bloody mary of all. Plus pickled beans. Plus pickled garlic. Plus peproncini. Plus capers. Plus maybe even some bacon.... Then a bowl of gumbo. Oh, yeah.
    goatg wrote: »
    najeovbdsgyl.jpg

everything about this picture!

No worries, I cook it down to where you don't even know its there :smile:
  • Katmary71Katmary71 Member Posts: 3,555 Member Member Posts: 3,555 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »

Jambalaya doesn't have to have okra, so you're still ok with some creole food, but yeah, you really can't make gumbo without okra. But... even if you don't like okra, have you TRIED gumbo? It's not slimy like some okra can be. It's really good.

Pickled okra is a favorite garnish for the best bloody mary of all. Plus pickled beans. Plus pickled garlic. Plus peproncini. Plus capers. Plus maybe even some bacon.... Then a bowl of gumbo. Oh, yeah.

Interesting this came up, I tried okra for the first time tonight. Well, I have bean gumbo in the Instant pot, I defrosted okra to dice and it doesn't taste like anything, what am I missing? Or does fresh have more flavor?