Women 200lb+, Let's Double Down This December!!!

Options

Replies

• IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    So I have a question...many MFP members are doing 1200 a day to reach their goal weight. What happens when you reach your goal weight and move to maintenance? Does MFP let you know the number of calories you need to maintain that weight?

My maintenance is around 1400-1500. I lose weight 1000-1200. I gain weight anything over 1500. I have a sedentary job (mostly sitting and typing/writing), but do water jogging 3 time a week typically for an hour. I do my regular housekeeping, and gardening. Unfortunately, that's my metabolism. I don't drink anything with sugar, except that my coffee does have 1/4 and 1/4. No sugar drinks or I can't make my nutritional needs. It just means that everything you eat - you have to be mindful of. I caved yesterday and had McDonalds when my son brought some home for me, and the day was pretty close to 1500 - so a neutral day. I'm trying to be extra mindful today.
  • IsETHome
    Options
    Aerohead21 wrote: »
    @lindaporter2018 when you change your goals for how many pounds to lose per week it changes your calorie allowance

You can also manually adjust it, as needed - based on what you are achieving, and where you want to go. Not an exact science for everyone, I'd recommend slight adjustments only from their recommendations. I had to reduce my calories slightly and increase fats.
  • IsETHome
    Options
    @torihudson6 this is my absolute favorite one! The best place to get them is TJMaxx because they sell them in packs of 15 for $8.99 where as Walmart sells them in packs of 8 for the same price.
    ]

The sugars are probably high because of the cranberries....I have to watch those. I opt typically for prunes instead for dried fruit, the sunsweet prunes one at a time.fv3clk7gjuhv.png They are individually wrapped 20-25 cals each depending on size, and have the crinkle of opening like candy plus actually are naturally functional. v8k72fbyxv3p.png

• IsETHome
    Options
    @lindaporter2018

Why is the next 6 months even more difficult than the last 7 years? You got this!!! We can't fix what people missed, totally out of our control, but we can remember them as they were - perhaps even in more positive light. Focus on who is here with you now, that's my 2c anyway - don't miss out on the present. Yes, harder said than done perhaps....
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,188 Member
    Options
    @torihudson6 that's fantastic feedback! !
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,188 Member
    Options
    ok have now done the maths, average cals 1709 (i don't count exercise points so this isn't net) snacks average 22%, on track so far!
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Height 5' 7
    SW: 250
    GW: 185

12/2: 243.6
    12/6 - 241.4
    12/9 - 242.6
    12/16 -242.2
    12/23 -

Just finished my TOM over the weekend. I'm starting to see some of the bloat drop off, but I'm still hanging out around the 242s. I still would love to get back to my pre-Thanksgiving weight of 240.4, lol, but without illness.

I have to accept that maintaining an 8 lb loss from Thanksgiving to today is still a decent accomplishment for me.

I am down an inch off my chest, an inch off my hips, 2.5 inches off my stomach, and 0.5 off my right thigh this month (-5 inches total).

It's getting hard to balance being in multiple MFP groups, lol. As well as trying to stay away from holiday goodies at work.

Keep up the good work, ladies!

Height 5' 7
    SW: 250
    GW: 185

12/2: 243.6
    12/6 - 241.4
    12/9 - 242.6
    12/16 -242.2
    12/22 - 241.0

Today's weight is back up to 242 point something, because I had a high-sodium pasta last night for dinner. I just knew it'd get me. I'll have to take measurements later today and see if anything changed.