Serial Starters

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,254 Member
    Chinese food is beef broccoli with sweet/sour pork and fried rice. I have not had sweet/sour pork in forever as it is deemed "unhealthy". My lunch portion and dinner portion has enough vegetables to get my quota in. Sweet/sour pork can easily not be eaten for awhile, so another food that has lost its "lure".

Moved/unpacked enough to get sofa bed set up so dog and I can watch Christmas shows in comfort on the TV.

One more walk this afternoon at least. Probably a nap too.

It might be unhealthy but yummy and once in a while I'm sure wont hurt !
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member

Ooooo..... almost forgot to get here.

Today was a good day. Many small victories plus I walked with the ladies for the first time in months, and I clocked 3 miles. Yay!

Time to look back on the posts.....

Lana

254.2 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Hi all!

Started second round of antibiotics yesterday. I feel much better today and hope that in the next couple of days that I’ll feel back to 100%.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and fun plans for the New Year!
  • LanaCabana537

SATURDAY

One eye is open.....

Runa - glad you are beginning to feel better!

*flag up for Cabana Boy to bring 2nd cup of black coffee*

Lana

256.6 today (wtK?)
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    Good morning,

Lana! Is Ru still with you and hence the need to get up and take him on walk? Miss T let me sleep in a little which was appreciated. Is any of your new weight water??

Got a call from coworker- are you at work? Their Instant Message system said so and she left half a pumpkin pie on my desk. So after getting my toes done, I had to go pick them up. Saw former Sup and current Sup, cant just sneak in nooooo..... I have to run into both of them. Luckily for me my friend makes very good pumpkin pie so I will be indulging.

Hoping for a little food inspiration while I am shopping.

Back for a little more sleep and at least keep warm with Miss T when she is done eating.

Wave to all who follow.

• annliz23
    I'm hoping my weight is water put on 3lbs but just had a fall walking Alfie he pulled me over thank goodness it was in the mud and not concrete but already back is tightening up so probably twisted it.

Hope your all doing better than me!
  • LanaCabana537

AnnLiz ! Oh, that is awful about the fall. I hope that you can put ice or heat or both on it, and it will not get too bad.

Sara - Thankfully, Ru was picked up on Thursday. My body clock has been such that I cannot seem to keep my eyes open past 10PM, so I sleep until 6 and wake up then, without an alarm clock. This came in handy when babysitting the dog.
    The weight gain is probably from over-eating and eating bad things that were sent to me by well-wishing Christmas present givers. I have no self control, no portion control when it comes to sweets. Gah.

I'm fighting being in a funk today -

BBL

Lana
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    AnnLiz hope you are ok. Take care of yourself. Similarly Lana look after your esprit - need to keep spirits up. Don’t be hard on yourself.

Sara glad you have some nice pies from your good friend and here’s to finding food inspiration. It’s what I struggle with.

Hi to all
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Dawn - I agree with Sara - don’t waste energy on trying to to figure out why relatives are rubbish. Just not worth your time. I just think ‘go to hell’ and move on. I know when I’ve done my bit. They’ll get judged at the end, don’t worry!

I know what you mean when you think you’re still young then get hit with things that push age in your face:) just accept the discounts :)

Sara - Good for you that nice people out there looking out for you.

Have great day all

Xx

Thank you...I do agree...I try not to waste my energy on them..I just have to get things off my chest... and, this is one of the only places I can do so, without any judgement...

• arniedog74
    Annliz- hope you aren't too sore, tomorrow... i'm a pro at falling...lol

Sara- enjoy your pie... maybe, walk a few extra steps with Miss T...

Lana- I understand being in a funk... is Ru a close enough neighbor, maybe you could offer to walk him frequently? I bet he was happy to see his mom... hugs
  • arniedog74
    Last night, I met a niece and nephew I had never met before. I have been talking to my ex SIL for a few years and try to visit her and her family, when I go home. I stayed with her last night, as did the niece and nephew. I wasn't sure what to expect, or if they would even want to know me. But, it went really, really well. Within about 20 minutes, they asked if they could have me back, in exchange for Ex's current wife... they are really good kids and we all had a lot of fun. I may never have the chance to become close to them (they're both 15... not twins.. just very close in age) but, I was very happy to have met them...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2019
    Meatloaf on tap for tomorrow - spoke with father and he told me to look at the ATK (america's test kitchen) cookbook he gave me on meatloaf - new way to cook it so it is not as 'fatty' using a wire rack with foil that has holes in it on a cookie sheet. Cannot find my mixing bowls for "kitten" so I will buy a mixing bowl at the store tomorrow and maybe a loaf pan.

Put on my non scentsy "fantasy" smell it helps with my sleep, got it as a Christmas gift and it only has 6 cubes, so I will change to my scentsy when I can find where I packed them. Got one large box unpacked looking for mixing bowls and now have my down comforter and comforter cover for sofa bed to get set up tomorrow so I can binge watch something with dog and be nice and warm.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed will sleep more before my actual breakfast.

Groceries then home for day.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Sara~~
    Meatloaf sounds great!

Dawn - that is so nice that you met your niece and nephew Friday--glad it went so nicely.

I need to get out there soon for a serious walk today and get that habit back on top of the priority list. Rain is coming this afternoon, so no putting it off.

Waving to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

253.8 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • annliz23
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Last night, I met a niece and nephew I had never met before. I have been talking to my ex SIL for a few years and try to visit her and her family, when I go home. I stayed with her last night, as did the niece and nephew. I wasn't sure what to expect, or if they would even want to know me. But, it went really, really well. Within about 20 minutes, they asked if they could have me back, in exchange for Ex's current wife... they are really good kids and we all had a lot of fun. I may never have the chance to become close to them (they're both 15... not twins.. just very close in age) but, I was very happy to have met them...

Oh that sounds so lovely I am do glad you met them we dont see mine or my husbands families that much so it's great to reconnect!
  • frenchfancy2014
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Dawn - I agree with Sara - don’t waste energy on trying to to figure out why relatives are rubbish. Just not worth your time. I just think ‘go to hell’ and move on. I know when I’ve done my bit. They’ll get judged at the end, don’t worry!

I know what you mean when you think you’re still young then get hit with things that push age in your face:) just accept the discounts :)

Sara - Good for you that nice people out there looking out for you.

Have great day all

Xx

Thank you...I do agree...I try not to waste my energy on them..I just have to get things off my chest... and, this is one of the only places I can do so, without any judgement...

This is best place to let off steam and share. Absolutely you’re among supporters and friends 😊 xx
  • frenchfancy2014
    Hope all are finding their way.in our battles. I managed to log my food today and started to declutter a bit in my French house. I also did my bit for getting round neighbours and saying hello. Feel tired now but a productive day.

Sara - Recipe book sounds really interesting

Dawn - so nice you had great time with family. Good to cherish the nice moments.

Annliz - hope you had good day.

Waves to all
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Meatloaf recipe is a keeper - 2 servings in fridge and 3 in freezer.......

Will feed dog her last med and then we will watch some computer TV

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Scale up over 2 pounds - that caramel corn that someone opened...... but I tired of it and will move on. Last piece of pumpkin pie tonight.

Will see if coworkers will talk to HR....

Back to sleep with dog after breakfast.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Sara ~~~

Rainy out and gloomy inside and out.

Lana