Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,816 Member

Good morning Sara~~~

Tracy at the Moose Lodge.....what a wonderful idea of having this dinner early! You are some baker! Cheering you on with your idea for celebrations not derailing you.

Missy - good to see you!

Waving to Dawn and Kathryn and Eryn and Tracey in Canada and Lynn and Sarah Pink and Runa and EnterDanger and Meg and anyone else who stops by or is lurking in the palm fronds......

Time for an adventure walk on a greenway I never knew about until yesterday. If I don't come back, please send two Cabana Boys!

Lana

243.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,318 Member
    Lana - good for you for getting walking in.

Adding Sweet potato to chicken fried rice - can also put in diced cooked parsnips (seasonal items one can find)

Steps are a little light today, but I got in another nap. bbl
  • LanaCabana537

I wimped out on the greenway walk because *slap forehead* it is Sunday, and the busses to get me back home are not running. I walked 2.5 miles in known territory instead. I also bought fried chicken and coconut cookies. Damn.

More walking tomorrow after the therapist.....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    7043 steps - took a nap this afternoon was too wiped from last night. 2.5 miles is bragging rights Lana- do a victory lap around the pool.

Dog is eating food again and the smaller size food is a hit with the dog the larger $$$ not so much with me, but then better to be proactive.

Used sweet potato in fried rice/ recipe I saw said that parsnips and sweet potatoes are good additions to fried rice, so why not use the seasonal vegetable.

Monday is on its way and so I am will get tucked in with Miss Tillie soon.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Good morning -

Down 0.6 just glad to be able to use the word "down" again when referring to weight. I will have to keep up the water on the weekends - goes right out of my brain on Friday.

Dog is doing better, likes her smaller food and we slept last night. I was wondering if her diet was part of the problem.

Fried rice with extra vegetables made 5 meals so most of my meals are locked in for the week which keeps me from wandering and buying $$$ food.

Now to make sure I get my steps in.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Monday.
  • LanaCabana537

Oh Runa!
    Don't stay away for too long, OK? We will keep the sand off of your beach towel, and your name on your lounge chair!
    Sometimes, I just log in and literally say only "Peep" and post that one word. If you can, just do that once in a while, if you can. Depression is a formidable foe. Big big hugs--

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - LOVE to hear that word "down" regarding the number on the scale. Good for you!!
    Also glad Miss Tillie is liking her food and is doing a bit better.

BBL - therapist appointment this morning.

Lana, (who ate all 12 of those sugar/coconut cookies yesterday. Holy COW!)

245.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Hello, I see this is a kinda a WW exodus thread but I'm definitely a serial starter who could use the support on this (hopefully) final weight loss journey. I've never done WW but I've heard various stories, success, failures, and everything in-between. However, I'm a long time on and off user of MFP. This is my first year forums though.

starting weight: 200
    current:195
    goal: 160
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Happy Monday!!!!
    Caught up on all the posts. My weekends have been crazy making so I just do not get on this thread during the weekend. Work - eh always find the time to skip out of some work :wink:
    Welcome to all of the newbies. I am not that far from being new to this thread and it is a great group.
    Runa - MIA for a bit - but I hope you know we are all sending you healing thoughts.
    Sara - glad your pup is doing better. Mine I think puked up three days worth of food yesterday WOW. Sorry if that is too graphic. Luckily on my linoleum so easy clean up. Seems fine today. She is a lab - pretty sure eating "crap" outside is a lab thing - whether it is good for them or not. Gross. Also congrats on the downward trend of the scale.
    Lana - extra cookies - don't beat yourself up. My suggestion if I may - think about why it happened and learn from it to avoid it from happening again :smile:
    Kathryn - Congrats!!!!!
    Hello Eryn, Gemwolf and all others who pass through!
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537

Hi Lynn~~
    Welcome to MarselliLove~~

Hey Sara -
    I looked at my phone, which has the app that tells me how many steps and how many miles I've gone on my errands when I walk with the phone in my pocket or bag.

Yesterday's walk was 2.6 miles and 5,717 steps
    Today's walk was 2.4 miles and 5,272 steps.
    So, when you are going for your 10,000 steps per day, that's a lotta mileage!

Lana
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Happy Monday! Said no one ever.

This weekend I had a friend's fall party so of course she insisted I bring a whole plate of goodies home. I had given myself a sugar pass for the party, but I was not intending to have all those cupcakes and cookies in my house! Luckily (sort of) my dog decided he'd like to try some and ended up eating the entire plate. Don't worry, he's fine! I don't know whether to be mad or grateful!

Super rainy and gross today, about 55(f). Just not pleasant. I won't get many steps today.

Lynn and Sara, I'm so glad your dogs are doing better! It's the worst when the fur babies get sick. I'm still not sure I won't go home to a house full of chocolate vomit...
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Gluttonous puppers are nerve wracking, my part time dog goes after every thing that hits the floor. I make stock quite a bit and I'm always afraid of him grabbing the odd flying onion end D: Looks like it's a rainy day here in Florida too, because of my job I'll make the steps but I'll be lucky to get out and get the 3 mile walk I've been trying to do lately.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Hello all! *Waves*

Rainy Monday overall here as well, so didn’t get that walk in. Did load up on veggies and stick to my dinner plans, which is always the toughest thing for me. I do great for breakfast and lunch but when it comes time for dinner and the evening? All that effort out the window!

It was lovely getting the extra hour of sleep yesterday but the 1 hr time change is screening with me a bit! Went to bed early last night and woke up early too lol.

• Tilliesmommy1
    total steps 9606 found a pattern to crochet a star for my cubicle wall "tree" and it turned out well.

Kathryn wow what a day - good for you!! for walking some of it off. Hospitals are natural places for walking - things are so far apart and getting lost is easy! Thyroids are often the last place doctors look and you are the third woman who have had tests/medical intervention on their thyroids. I know as I do the billing, Medicare does not pay for hearing tests or hearing aids. Such a warm fuzzy Medicare is sometimes, so although you may not like the fact that you need them, better to get them now while you can afford them.

Your frozen dessert sounds yummy - I remember small amounts of real whipped cream not having too many WW points - how about using cinnamon or chocolate graham crackers for variety?

Dawn - why I have put off trying the frosted ginger cookie scentsy I dont know - maybe this weekend.

Dogs last outing and then cuddle up with her for the night. She is eating all her food even the new stuff.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Brain fog- thought it was Monday and needed to weigh in. Luckily I caught myself.

Healthy Choice for lunch https://www.healthychoice.com/power-bowls-plant-based/white-bean-feta-salad they have a Falafel/Tahini bowl but I have to check for ingredients first.

Dog and I up early still not quite used to time change and what do you do? Chatterbox at work was not there and wow what a difference that made.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Sara-
    What a drag about the chatterbox. Who does she chatter with or at? How does that person survive? You went through all that trouble to get re-located to a better spot, and now you have a chatterbox.

*sending two Cabana Boys out with a sock and some duct tape*

Lana

244.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    The lady who she talks to is on vacation and needs one. We are all supposed to be moving eventually and I will be away from her but this is a slow process. Will see if she is here today soon.