Serial Starters

Replies

• marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    I made my 10,000 step goal right as I was mounting the stairs for bed, too close for comfort! I woke up with a terrible pain in my neck and I'm having trouble pushing through to get out and grab some exercise.

My entire office is chatterboxes (including me I must admit!) I've had to start slapping on headphones to tune them out.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Kathryn - good luck with the biopsy! It will be nice to get answers. My FIL got hearing aids. I almost fell over when he told me the cost. Wow! You could buy a Jeep. Tinnitus is the pits - will be nice if they can resolve that.
    Marellilove - great job on the steps!
    Sara - chatterbox, I am a quiet person - I think my bad attitude shuts down chatterboxes coming in by me (:
    Lana - hello! I really need a lounge chair, warm sunshine and a glass of wine - will be joining soon!
    Waves to all who follow - will be lurking.
    AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE TODAY!!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,669 Member
    Just stopping by to say Hi, I've had a busy weekend and Monday so now I feel all behind! I went to my VP's office yesterday three hours away. He met with me for a total of 10 minutes. I'm not going to complain too loudly though, I am getting a month's notice instead of the week that he mentioned last week and that I'm legally entitled to. Going to be a long month though. I hate knowing I'm leaving and still filling the time in.

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    My office has its chatterboxes and its introverts. Eventually, they all seem to end up in my office to chat. Some days it is a welcome distraction. Other days, I want to drop kick them out my door. Most take the hint when I keep right on working while they are talking. Others wouldn't take a hint if you hit them in head with it.

Today is my day at satellite office. At least the heat is sort of on today. Last time I was here, it was freezing! Now its best described as "tepid."

Uh oh! a huge water tank they were working on just popped a seam and there are about 200 gallons of water running through the front hall now..... always fun around here!
  • brennerjlb
    hickchic67 wrote: »

Uh oh! a huge water tank they were working on just popped a seam and there are about 200 gallons of water running through the front hall now..... always fun around here!

LOL this made me laugh.
    Jessica - welcome!
    Snowflake - sorry you have to go through this. Stinks. Hope the month goes ok. also hope the craft preparations (aka hubby) is moving along.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,318 Member
    edited November 2018
    At work, like the sock and duct tape idea even better than the "instant silent" spray the cboys made once - she is trying hard to make conversations with people but they are not lasting long.

Healthy Choice bowl was a success and I will buy again.

Jessica did you crochet the little guy in your picture? Lots of crafts represented here - welcome!!

Kathryn - I thought it was your house that flooded, just glad it is someone else's headache to fix.

At work, lurking still, hang in there.
  • marsellilove
    Welp, I broke out the mat and did some yoga to try and break through the stiffness I was feeling. Thought I was going to take a short walk to just stay in the habit but I took it beyond even my usual 2.5 mile walk.

Jessica- I’m pretty nerdy too. Once started I can’t stop talking about comics or books ;-; also I love the amiguri yoda!

Kathryn- I also thought it was your house that flooded. Good to hear that it’s not!

Also I forgot to say my name is Meghan. Hello again~
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Hi everyone!

I didn't get a workout in yesterday due to rain and lack of motivation. I also kind of went on a snacking spree after work, but luckily I didn't delve into the refined sugar treats! I was only a couple hundred over calorie budget. Definitely something I can bounce back from.

Kathryn - Where do you work that has a 200 gallon water tank??

Meghan - I really need to do the same! I have a climbing class tonight so I can't be all stiff and cold.

Jessica - I love the little Yoda!

Also, today I was going to bike to my polling place and then bike to work, but of course RAIN AGAIN! I drove to vote instead :( Ugh.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Okay that does look like Yoda!! Good job.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2018
    Wowie what a day - burning the "frosted ginger" scentsy and it is really nice. I will have to think about having ginger chai tea tonight (has sugar in mix but fewer calories than ginger cookies.....).

k9ivaco0hhdq.png

obwes5cnfgux.png

pp3n3spiodkh.png

wish our trees were this colorful.

Wishing all a good night.
    total steps 10324
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Dog up early she was hungry. Cant do much about that except get up.

I was looking at Jessica's picture yesterday and could not for the life of me figure out what it was - like the hourglass picture that is 2 faces..... I was focusing on the brown and not the yellow. So Jessica did you make it? I have a coworker who has a side income making blankets/baskets (crocheted) and little figures/animals.

Back to sleep for awhile, lurking from work.

Wave to all who follow.
  • marsellilove
    Good morning all, how is everyone doing this fine mittwoch?
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,669 Member
    @brennerjlb - Hubby has had a complete attitude change since our show the last weekend of October and I sold 121 ornaments and earned over 700.00! He is now taking it seriously because he knows I would have sold even more if our popular items hadn't sold out half way through the second day! He has cut and baked around 750 wood slices. I am working on sanding them in the evenings. During the day he does the wood burning on them and I am bringing them to work to paint.

This time change is kicking my butt! I have lost all of my energy and am exhausted! I am hoping that I feel better in the next couple of days, I have way too much to get done right now.

I am hosting a paint night next Friday and was asked yesterday to host a craft night on Dec 3 for a team of ladies from Alberta Health Services. I know that if I'm successful with this one it could open up many more doors for me. The lady had found my business card from a friend that attended the craft show in October!
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning!
    Sara- I laughed at your message - back to sleep for awhile, lurking from work - sounds like you could be sleeping at work (:
    @snowflake - I am glad his motivation is back. sounds like you have a budding business on your hands. Sign painting is very popular and fun around here. You take some "cheap stock" boards and put 3-4 together to make a sign, stain it and paint fun sayings on it. The providers have parties for a number of people and tada - you have another money source! Also paint nights - an instructor teaching others to paint something. many doors opening - I see it now (:
    Have a great day! Also lurking from work - but so far not sleeping :wink:
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Shhh - Asleep at work with eyes half open......
  • marsellilove
    Has anyone else here put a prohibition on drinky drinks to help reach their fitness goals?

I told myself that weeknight drinks were out until further notice but curling up with a book isn’t the same without a glass of wine or a something and seltzer :pensive: I’ve been trying to make a cup of tea to simulate the satisfaction of mixing a drink or if I really want that glass of wine I have to turn on the stove and make a cuppa Gluhwein to make it more of a treat I have to work for.

I’m not much one for sweets but I find my after work cocktail to be a vice all the same.
  • cbpotee
    cbpotee Posts: 2 Member
    Help. I just want to finish what I started strong. But I can't get away from fast food : (
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Anyone feel like this week has lasted ten years? Just me? The sky is getting so dark so early and my brain wants me to eat and sleep!

@cbpotee Fast food is so hard to get away from! Is it the convenience or the flavor that draws you in? I'm sure we all have some good recipes that could help if you have the time to cook at home!

Meghan, I totally feel your pain, but with sugar! I would love nothing more than to go home and make myself some strawberry milk like I did as a kid. It just doesn't feel relaxing having to restrict yourself even at the end of a long day.

Yesterday I had a climbing class to help with my movement on the wall. It was amazing! I feel so excited to go bouldering tonight. Buuuut also really tired. The combined brain and body workout of rock climbing is absolutely exhausting. Combine that with being at work all day and you've got a recipe for lethargy. Today I'm over my sugar limit because of a stupid protein bar. Yesterday I was over because of a stupid protein shake. See a trend here? Perhaps I should focus not only on the protein, but what else is in these things!

I hope everyone had a good Wednesday! Keep on keepin' on.

Megan