Bootie Busters September Challenge (closed group)

Options

Replies

• timeforme23
    Options
    Ok guys, since youve all been through the August challenges, you all know the drill already. It looks like the format is the same except there will be two levels of challenges. This is what Gary had to say . . .

"I will send out the list of Week 1's challenges by Monday. Hopefully sooner. There will be 2 levels of challenges. A basic low impact workout and an advanced (BUSHMEN) high impact workout. Encourage your people to mix and match if they so choose."

As soon as I have the workouts, Ill let you guys know. As usual . . .

*****MAKE SURE I HAVE YOUR WEIGHT ON THE FIRST!!!! *****

Thank you :-)
  • timeforme23
    Options
    Also, if you would like a tribal name for this challenge lets take a vote and decide on one!
  • BeilaLin
    BeilaLin Posts: 189
    Options
    As a suggestion:

-Waneta Warriors
    -Kickass Akandos
    -Taking Off Taipas

Or just making up a psuedo tribal sounding name:

-Kikasas (self-explanatory)
    -Wikikasas (same as above with "we" before it)
    -Wikanduit Warriors (we can do it warriors)
    -Fitanhard (fit and hard)
    -Werkdabady (werk that body)
    -Kutdafaht (cut the fat)

I vote for a funny pseudo tribal sounding name...like this can be our inside joke! No one will know what it means unless if they read it a few times and thought a bit about it!

OR ............. as another suggestion on themes we can do something like Marvel Comics, Avengers or something related to Super Heroes....and our avatars can be of superheros!!

Suggestions:

-League of Losers (this was an actual Marvel Comics team name! )
    -Heavy Hitters (this was an actual Marvel Comics team name! )
    -September Avengers

Another idea just throwing out there:
    -Weapons of Mass Reduction
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Please don't hate me guys when I say this but..............I think I'm going to pass on the September challenge. I really need to do more weights and with my bike riding, cycling and the challenge it will be too hard to fit it in. Especially since I'm a mother and wife and we know that job is never done!! I am willing to stay on until you guys find a replacement for me since I waited so late to make this decision. Thanks for understanding guys and I know you will ROCK September!!!!
  • timeforme23
    Options
    Hey guys! Due to recent life circumstances, im afraid I will not be able to be around much. I still want to be a part of this team but I cant dedicate the time to be captain of anything right now. Ralphcurt has stepped up and we are switching rolls. I will still continue to be a part of this team, but he will be leading us. He will probably be posting our team thread soon. Thank you Ralph, and GO TEAM!!!!
  • BeilaLin
    BeilaLin Posts: 189
    Options
    GO TEAM!

GO RALPHCURT FOR STEPPING UP!

GO TIMFORME23 for being an AWESOME captain for last month! Good luck w/ your studies :)

Also if you want to join a good September FOOD challenge...
    go here ---> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/327779-september-food-challenge-open-group
  • TheGreatYaYa
    TheGreatYaYa Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Ralph,

I've had a death in the family and must leave town tomorrow (Thurs.) and I'm not sure when I will be returning...it was my brother. I don't want to drop out of the Sept. challenge, but I may have to miss the entire first week....maybe I should drop out...I don't know what to do. I am going to my Mom's house and, as you can imagine, she is in a horrible state, so I don't know what my days will be like....I doubt I'll be able to stay up-to-date with the challenges while out of town. Please tell me if you think I should just skip this one and look for one in Oct. I think maybe I should because I may need to stay w/my Mom for a while....I just don't know what to expect.
    Ok...I think it will be best if I drop out...Sorry team, but I really don't have a choice. Maybe when I get back home I can just kind of follow along on the sidelines. Hope you can find a replacement.

Nancy
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    I sent you a private note, Nancy. My condolences to you are youor entire family.

So our team is now:

Capt: Ralphcurt
    Timeforme23
    piccolarj
    Femtec74
    karabobarra
    Lisab150
    Neonpink
    susanb_16
    BeilaLin
    BroDave

Lets ROCK!!

Also, if you did not see the note earlier, everyone needs to have a set of "light weights". If you do not have one, please get one ASAP.

Thanks. More coming.

Signed - Your New Mean and Nasty Captain!!
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    Also, I want to make sure everyone saw this note from Headquaters:

HOW DOES THE SEPT CHALLENGE WORK?
    Its very simple. You choose which exercise path you want to do for the day or week. Pygmy or BUSHMEN. Pygmy is more basic and low impact where BUSHMEN is the opposite. I would suggest trying something new! You do the exercises for the day. If there is a weekly goal meet that goal. Once a week you send your team captain an update saying I did all the dailies or I did 5 of them whatever is the case. Then send them your weight on Sunday. That's it. We compute the % of weight loss and your points for each day's exercise and add it together for a total team score. If all of your team completes the daily and weekly challenges you earn bonus points for the team. That's all there is to it really. I hope that helps!
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    IF YOU ARE DOING THE BUSHMEN SERIES THIS MONTH - TAKE NOTE:

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE

WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!

Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 5 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 7 - Rest! You deserve it!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    Sorry, looks like I have missed a little bit. So our team is now:

Timeforme23
    Femtec74
    karabobarra
    Neonpink
    susanb_16
    BeilaLin
    BroDave
    tbd 1
    tbd 2

So we have 2 openings on our team. Let me know if you know anyone who would like to join us!

What does the team think of changing the team name? I kinda like to keep the old name going. We are awesome and have the rest of the league scared of us. I say we keep the terror in place!
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    IF YOU ARE DOING THE PYGMY SERIES:

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE

WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run.
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 50 Crunches + 50 Toe Touches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDNLfNKBYA&playnext=1&list=PL41F287FEDA882B18 )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches + 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********

Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I sent you a private note, Nancy. My condolences to you are youor entire family.

So our team is now:

Timeforme23
    piccolarj
    Femtec74
    karabobarra
    Lisab150
    Neonpink
    susanb_16
    BeilaLin
    BroDave

Lets ROCK!!

Also, if you did not see the note earlier, everyone needs to have a set of "light weights". If you do not have one, please get one ASAP.

Thanks. More coming.

Signed - Your New Mean and Nasty Captain!!

Sorry Ralph I bailed on this one a while ago. I'm working on my food and the stuff my trainer gave me for the month of September!
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    Please remember you can choose which excercize you want to do from either series any day. You could do Pigmy one day and Bushmen the next. All I need you to do is report to me that you completed a challenge for the day.

Just to make sure everyone is here and ready, please post something hon this thread so I can make sure everyone is here and ready! And PLEASE make sure I have your starting weight!

Come on Team Bootie Busters!! Lets rock this challenge!!
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    [/quote]

Sorry Ralph I bailed on this one a while ago. I'm working on my food and the stuff my trainer gave me for the month of September!
    [/quote]

Yes, I saw that later and issued an updated team roster. Sorry to see you go!

Ralph
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hey Ralph!

I'm still in - I'm going on vacation for a week where I will have limited internet access, but I will keep up with the exercises and post everything when I get back (if that's ok). I'd like to stay in the group - it keeps me motivated.

Are we changing the rest day/weigh in day to Wednesday?

Starting weight 184.4

I think we should keep our name!
  • timeforme23
    Options
    141 this morning
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    193.6 (boooo!)
  • susanb_16
    susanb_16 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Starting weight 147.4

Have a blessed Thur!

Susan
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    So ready to start this....I will be doing the pygmy series though becaause I plan on bumping up my own workouts! Let's get this!! Rawr!!