You guys, I found pasta that's GASP....HEALTHY!

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Pasta is not usually the problem, it's what we put on it that does the damage...

You haven't seen what one serving of pasta looks like to me (in my past perfect world when I wasn't counting calories :))

Lol... the pasta was just a vector to get the cheeses into my gullet...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    Pasta is not usually the problem, it's what we put on it that does the damage...

You haven't seen what one serving of pasta looks like to me (in my past perfect world when I wasn't counting calories :))

I'm a simple girl (who can't cook) so my pasta nirvana was noodles, some butter, and a healthy sprinkling of kraft parmesean cheese.

Or hell, 2 bricks of top ramen. Not even made into soup. Just the noodles with some of the seasoning sprinkled on. 2 bricks...you know...or FOUR FREAKING SERVINGS.

:)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member

I'm a simple girl (who can't cook) so my pasta nirvana was noodles, some butter, and a healthy sprinkling of kraft parmesean cheese.

Or hell, 2 bricks of top ramen. Not even made into soup. Just the noodles with some of the seasoning sprinkled on. 2 bricks...you know...or FOUR FREAKING SERVINGS.

Want me to come cook for ya? I'm a bit of a kitten head, but I can cook.😉
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member

I can handle any *kitten* headedness if the cooking's good enough.
  • Sasa4u
    Sasa4u Posts: 13 Member
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Sasa4u wrote: »
    What's unhealthy about traditional pasta?

Little nutritional value? OP mentions increased fiber and more protein..sounds more healthy/ nutritional to me.

What makes that healthy?

Why do so many people major in the minors? Eat an OVERALL healthy diet and quit worrying about any one food group. No wonder so many diets fail....

Insult aside...
    I was making a direct comparison between the OP product and white refined pasta, that’s it..no meatballs no veg just the main subject..the pasta. Of course traditional pasta can be included in a healthy diet but that wasn’t what I was responding to.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator

I can handle any *kitten* headedness if the cooking's good enough.

Hmm... tonight is curried chicken thighs and lentils. Tomorrow is black eyed peas, collard greens with the rest of the wild hog ham I made. Then Thursday is beef tagine...

So, when is dinner? All the dinners sound delicious!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member

Curious -- did you cook it and/or rehydrate it or just eat it dried? (I have in the past snacked on dry ramen, so no judgment, just wondering how you got the seasoning to stick. :smile: )
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    Genuine question - is regular pasta not vegan?

How so?

I am not vegan but just curious as to why OP made a point of saying black bean pasta is Vegan!

anyway I am quite happy cooking regular pasta and I use that in various dishes I cook at home.

Not motivated to try black bean pasta myself - but good luck to those who want to.