dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    @looneycatblue

Fry's cocoa - 1 tblsp
    Stevia - 1 packet
    Peppermint extract - a splash
    Candy Cane.

Stir it up.

20 calories total.

I actually prefer peppermint schnapps, but am attempting to drink less alcohol : - )

Is Fry's cocoa, just unsweetened cocoa powder? Do you add about 6-8 oz of hot water to this? I need to try this!

Hi : - )
    Yes, either boiling water or unsweetened Almond Milk (30 calories per cup). I used boiling water on NYE because I was making them for a bunch of people.
    Candy Cane is just for garnish of course, a good way to use up those Christmas Candy Canes. I think that a cinnamon stick would be a lovely garnish. I have seen such things as chocolate spoons that you can stir with and suck on. I am watching my calories and don't like to blow them on beverages though. An orange slice might be a nice garnish spiked around a cherry.
    I am on the hunt for some other flavoured extracts. I used to see them in all of the stores, but so far haven't found any! I want to get: Orange, Brandy, Rum. I have vanilla, peppermint, and almond. Maybe I will try it with the Almond today.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @AbandondedKSCharger

Welcome back!!! We missed you!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @cavatinne - I prefer something not so sweet as well. Thanks for the suggestions!

Oh my, we have lots of suggestions for AF drinks.
    Like @MissMay said, the fancy glassware makes it special.

It depends if you are at home or out.
    Bartenders make their money on quickly made drinks, not fancy ones, so unless you go up to the bar, tip really well, and get the bartender to make you something special. Then it would be nice if the bartender called the drink after your name, so when sitting at your table and ordering you can just ask for it...if it is the same bartender of course.

Home drinks we have so many ideas for on here. Stay tuned : - )
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 356 Member
    Oh, and Sunday Sushi wine was short and sweet. 9 0z pinot grigio with two flats of sushi. Been many many weeks since Sunday Sushi. >:)
    The next three days are allotted to homemade veggie soup. No known wines plotted as compatible to homemade veggie soup.
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 356 Member
    @LoveyChar ..OMG... IF I [at 73 y-0] ran 18 blocks I would have a par-tay that would last for weeks !!
    Good for you.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    @LoveyChar ..OMG... IF I [at 73 y-0] ran 18 blocks I would have a par-tay that would last for weeks !!
    Good for you.

Thank you!!!
  • wine_n_weights
    wine_n_weights Posts: 253 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    I ran 18.2 miles today. My ankle is sore, so sore. I told my husband we're having a party after I run this thing! I want to have a little of this and a little of that...

I'd be celebrating too! Are you training for a marathon?