Nishi Warriors ~ Finding Strength From Within

Options

Replies

• laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Do we get the same amount of points for doing the pygmy exercises as the bushman? Starting out I think I will only be able to do the pygmy ones, but maybe I will try the advanced?

You get the same amount of points. The way Gary described it was the Pygmy was for people new to challenges, working your way towards the harder ones. I am planning on starting with the Pygmy and as the month progresses, trying the bushman here and there.

As for when to weigh in, we will need your initial weigh in before the month starts and I think just pick a day to weigh in every week, maybe Monday? any suggestions?

Also some other captains have written him about when exactly the challenges are supposed to start (he suggested doing it mon-sat and having sunday as day of rest) and with the month starting on a thurs,, what are we supposed to do...I am waiting to see what he says in response.

Will keep you posted when I hear something.
  • christmre
    christmre Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am so excited! I can't wait to start this challenge!
  • missxlaur
    missxlaur Posts: 286
    Options
    i definitely think we should weigh in on mondays. that will keep us honest over the weekends
  • christmre
    Options
    I agree we should weigh in on Mondays.
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Mondays sound good to me as well. It will help keep us honest over the weekend....
  • laurielou04
    Options
    Gary updated this week's workouts due to the 1st being on a thurs. :)
    Also...i am totally for Monday being our weigh in date...go us for reinforcing being good on the weekends! Go Team!

THESE ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1. more youtube videos will be posted tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

HERE ARE THE ADVANCED EXERCISES! I will post the youtube videos tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • laurielou04
    Options
    Another update from Gary

HOW DOES THE SEPT CHALLENGE WORK? its very simple. You choose which exercise path you want to do for the day or week. Pygmy or BUSHMEN. Pygmy is more basic and low impact where BUSHMEN is the opposite. I would suggest trying something new! You do the exercises for the day. If there is a weekly goal meet that goal. Once a week you send your team captain an update saying I did all the dailies or I did 5 of them whatever is the case. Then send them, and your weight on Sunday. That's it. We compute the % of weight loss and your points for each day's exercise and add it together for a total team score. If all of your team completes the daily and weekly challenges you earn bonus points for the team. That's all there is to it really. I hope that helps!
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    So we weigh in Sunday. So before the 1st just have our weights to you so you have a starting weight...sounds good to me. :)
  • missxlaur
    Options
    quick question. i can only get to the gym 3-4 times per week. can i do a few days worth of exercises on the same day? like day 1 and day 2 in one day at the gym?
  • missxlaur
    Options
    anyone?
  • laurielou04
    Options
    anyone?

you can do that...its just a matter of all of it getting done...you can break it up however you want...the way it is broken up daily is just how it is recommended :)
  • missxlaur
    Options
    perfect. thank you!
  • laurielou04
    Options
    Here we go ladies!

The spreadsheet is up and if you want to go in and take a look at it :)
  • megsaroo
    megsaroo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The spreadsheet looks AWESOME - props to your excel skills. Do you want us to update it each day by putting a 1 in our column if we do everything, or should we post it on here? I don't know what is easiest for everyone. So excited to go on this journal with all of you - good luck!
  • laurielou04
    Options
    The spreadsheet looks AWESOME - props to your excel skills. Do you want us to update it each day by putting a 1 in our column if we do everything, or should we post it on here? I don't know what is easiest for everyone. So excited to go on this journal with all of you - good luck!

i'd love to take credit for that awesome spreadsheet but Gary actually put it all together. I was just waiting on him to email it out to the team captains.

How about for the weekly challenges, we just write on here if we complete them. I think that would be a lot less confusing for everyone. :) This can be done daily or if you want you can wait until saturday and post how many days you completed along with if you completed the weekly team goal (i.e. this week's is for everyone to drink 64 oz. of water a day). Then a follow-up weigh-in on sunday to track how much everyone has lost.

Super excited for this!!! :)

Just did my day 1 exercise :)
  • christmre
    Options
    Sounds good to me. I just did day one exercise too, and it kicked my butt! I loved it! :happy:
  • luckyduck768
    luckyduck768 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Sorry I have been absent recently, but I am ready to kick September's butt! XD
  • laurielou04
    Options
    Welcome katie_rn to the team! :)

and to to the whole team...it will be easier if everyone posts on here if they do the daily/weekly goals and message your weights instead of logging into email account to update it.

Thanks!
  • laurielou04
    Options
    Repost from Gary6030- O.K. Let's start this week off right! Since we are short this week I'm offering a mini-challenge. Remember Gym Class? Do you remember doing the bear walk? As a side mini-challenge you don't have to ever do the mini-challenges. But if you'd like to earn your team an extra point bearwalk for 3 minutes. Seems easy but it has to be a constant bear walk constantly moving for 3 minutes. You might be surprised! If you do the bear walk at the end of the week ask them to add one point to your team score! if you choose not too or cannot perform the mini-challenge its all good! This is just something to get our challenge up and running! So there it is FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE a Constant 3 minute Bearwalk.

What's a bearwalk? stand up put your feet on the floor hunched over and walk with feet and legs on the floor? Like a bear walks? Walk at a constant pace for 3 minutes no stopping!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF8RJsjVISY
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Okay. I'm getting ready to start my workout. Doing the Tabata, Bushman, and then hopefully heading out the door for a run. We'll see how it all works out. Also, I could be wrong be I believe our additional weekly team challenge is to log in everyday, be under our calories everyday, AND drink 64 oz of water.

Oh, and I'll do the bearwalk!! :) It looks fun. Maybe I should do it in my backyard though so my neighbors don't think I'm crazy. hehe

ETA: Just finished the daily exercises. They majorly kicked my butt. I'm going to try recover for a bit and then head out for my run.