Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• marciac333
    marciac333 Posts: 1 Member
    HI, I would love to join the group as well...
    I will weigh in on Fridays as well
    Starting weight 253.

Jan. 3: 250
    Jan. 10:
    Jan. 17:
    Jan. 24:
    Jan. 31

Total January loss:
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    I got myself a fitbit with the HR monitor on it and I find myself pushing to get my heart rate up. I was playing volleyball last night and any time my HR fell below 115 during the game it bugged me. :)
  • gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    CathyRocky wrote: »
    I was just thinking about something, if we lose 2# per week, by May first, that's a total of over thirty pounds! Spring shows up here in NY right around May. I can picture myself jogging in the park and the flowers starting to bloom! I have never jogged but I'd like to! I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow so in the meantime I'm eating whatever I can find. I had split pea soup, and Mac and cheese, not the best, but small portions. I'll do better tomorrow. I'm almost finished assembling the weight bench, and while my knee is feeling better, I think I made twenty trips up to the attic and I can really feel it. Dentist appointment in the morning, then food shopping, looking forward to it.

Losing 30lbs would be so wonderful - May is my month. It's our wedding anniversary, US Mother's Day, Mexico Mother's Day and my birthday! LOL my poor hubby. Yes, our family celebrates both Mother's Days in honor of my mother and my grandmother.

I just restocked my whole pantry and did proper-grocery-shopping-with-a-list on Sunday. I had not done that since Thanksgiving! No wonder I was gaining, I was eating junk, making small trips to get specific items and "snacks", and eating out A LOT.

Good luck with your dentist appointment!
  • gabi_texanmom
    celticck77 wrote: »
    Starting Weight: 262
    Jan. 6: 259
    Jan. 14:
    Jan. 21:
    Jan. 28:

Down 3 so far.

Way to go!
  • gabi_texanmom
    I got myself a fitbit with the HR monitor on it and I find myself pushing to get my heart rate up. I was playing volleyball last night and any time my HR fell below 115 during the game it bugged me. :)

I bought myself the cheapest fitbit two years ago, and I loved that thing! It was stolen at the gym :( Do you play volleyball in a league or just for fun?

My hubby got me an apple watch for Christmas....but I'm still trying to figure it out! :D
  • AlexandraMBT
    AlexandraMBT Posts: 21 Member
    Starting Weight: 262
    Jan. 6: 259
    Jan. 14:
    Jan. 21:
    Jan. 28:

Down 3 so far.

Way to go!!!! Good job 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
  • celticck77

I bought myself the cheapest fitbit two years ago, and I loved that thing! It was stolen at the gym :( Do you play volleyball in a league or just for fun?

My hubby got me an apple watch for Christmas....but I'm still trying to figure it out! :D

That sucks, I hope the apple watch works out.
    I play volleyball in a league - it is a lot of fun. Good way to get moving during the winter months.
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    I want to WELCOME; rupthumb, beatutifulbles, gabi_tex, pwright4753, strattonlouis, kateloseit, & marciac333 to the board. be advised, this board will never have a limit as to how many or time. people can join us any time of the year.

I hope we can keep in touch with each other, don't be afraid to look back on the board and pick someone we haven't heard from lately and just check in to see how their doing. As you know it's good to join a group but I don't want anyone to feel their being ignored or fell through the cracks. Everybody need encouragement from time to time.
  • ladycopnh1
    I want to send out a how are you doing to; AndreamWas, JJChiri, Blankr3, sewingdance, dustyspal, jussilu, stella7x7 & gibbsken.

How are you girls doing, how was your first week, was it something you were able to breeze through or was it pure hell ? Always remember, we have all been through it 1, 2, 3, or more times before. We've walked in your steps and we are here to get each other through. The first 21 days is going to be challenging, a down right bear actually.

Please, if you find time, just jot down a line or two to let us know how you are,

we care.
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    @celticck77 @marciac333 - both of you, nice 3lb losses - yay! - WTG!! awesome - shrinking!!!!

@gabi_texanmom - i too received an apple watch for Christmas, it’s sooo cool, the calorie burn is on point, very precise. especially on the treadmill. wow!

On another note, today is my official day #8, i’m still going strong, doing this thing here, trying to lose this weight and get my health in order. let’s keep pushing you guys ✌🏾
  • celticck77
    Hi all, please could i join? I am getting married in June and i need to shift some blub. I'm currently 220lbs! I have battled with trying to lose weight since my twins were born in 2016, i have 5 children so its really hard to just focus on myself, this is my second day of doing myfitnesspal but i have been here before although i have never spoke on any of their forums! I am so fed up of myself regarding losing weight. I am a huge comfort eater! Hoping this time is it and i can stay focused, i dont want to be skinny but i want to feel comfortable and gain some of my lost confidence back plus i dont want to have 3 chins in my wedding photos hahaha. When is the next weigh day? x

Hi back!! Congrats on the getting married. Hopefully we can help you keeping focused. You can pick your day really. They are asking for about once a week. Good luck!
  • ghoulgoth
    ghoulgoth Posts: 6 Member
    Hi everyone! Hope I’m not too late to join. My name is Alexa and I’m 22 years old weighing in at 215lbs. I am graduating college this May and want to slim down for the ceremony and my thesis show! I started my workout journey January 1st, by doing Blogilates 2020 challenge on YouTube. I’m on day 7 so far and my first weigh in is tomorrow so I will update! I also have a husky/lab mix that I walk around NYC everyday to get my steps in, tried to jog the other day but it didn’t end well, lol. I want to slim down but also get stronger and healthier! Two steps in becoming my ~healthier~ self that I have taken are quitting smoking and becoming a pescatarian! I have been smoke and meat free for 4 months and it feels awesome. I hope this community can help me stay on track and not give up! Good luck to everyone and congrats on the losses! 😁
  • ladycopnh1
    Welcome aboard LauraJayne & ghoulgoth, we will help you out as much as we possible can. feel free to be an inspiration to others as well, we are all in this together, this year WE ARE GOING TO RULE !!!
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    @stella7x7 - congrats on your loss, woohoo!!!
  • tawtyping
    tawtyping Posts: 391 Member
    Progress so far...
    1 Jan 204.2 lbs
    7 Jan 204.2 lbs

No progress but at least it’s not an increase! Been a bit naughty on the eating front, been back at work since 2nd January and need to get back into healthy eating if possible. Too much cake and biscuits around at work!!
  • ladycopnh1
    WoW, all you girls have done AWESOME this week. Big Hug (........................).

tawtyping, don't beat yourself up, you are in the mindset, you just have to think to yourself, "will this taste as good as thin is gonna feel ?" :p No gain is a winner.