Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Hi friends. Happy New Year, hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas!
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME Congratulations, you look fabulous!

Work and holidays are done for me. Its been a crazy few months. Time to get back on track! My next major declutter is paperwork (again). Have lots of business paperwork to shred or pack away. This is a yearly thing, but I really only started last year, so I'm determined to stay on top of it.

My Snoo, MY SNOO!!!!! Girl thank you and I'm so HAPPY to hear from you. I know work/holidays was a wonderful change of pace for you and honey, so know about paper-work and even electronic paperwork and stuff building up too. So YAY YOU, I'm so cheering you on, as always and {{{{ <3 Love and HUGS to you and yours <3 }}}}}
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member

Work and holidays are done for me. Its been a crazy few months. Time to get back on track! My next major declutter is paperwork (again). Have lots of business paperwork to shred or pack away. This is a yearly thing, but I really only started last year, so I'm determined to stay on top of it.

My Snoo, MY SNOO!!!!! Girl thank you and I'm so HAPPY to hear from you. I know work/holidays was a wonderful change of pace for you and honey, so know about paper-work and even electronic paperwork and stuff building up too. So YAY YOU, I'm so cheering you on, as always and {{{{ <3 Love and HUGS to you and yours <3 }}}}}

I'm happy to be back! I missed all your encouragement! LOVE & HUGS back at you and yours my friend!
    Life happened, and it was fun, hectic, and downright stupid at times, but oh so worth it!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME

I'm happy to be back! I missed all your encouragement! LOVE & HUGS back at you and yours my friend!
    Life happened, and it was fun, hectic, and downright stupid at times, but oh so worth it!

As per ALWAYS, I love the way you think Snoo. "Life happened, and it was fun, hectic, and downright stupid at times, but oh so worth it!" to be at the place where WE can know/understand/embrace "life-happening" and roll with the "fun, hectic, and downright stupid" is the stuff LOVE, JOY (joy is completely different from happiness--happiness comes and goes with feelings/JOY is "so-what" it's ALL good and more), POWER, SELF-CONTROL, PERFECTION (meaning MATURITY) is filled with. I super miss your encouragement and smile inducing posts as well.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Decluttering "operations" for the next few/SEVERAL weeks:

1.) re-organizing slimming down my perfumes and bath products and "pretty-fying" those areas.

2.) now that my closet is much more empty, making it cuter and designing/"pretty-fying" some kind of area for my shoes

3.) cleaning the shutters in ALL the rooms

4.) getting rid of more books to make a dedicated/lovely looking but practical space for my candles and incense.

5.) start selling some stuff. I been telling myself for a LONG time, that I don't like/HATE to sell stuff, because it's a PITA (pain in the "attitude") I've talked myself into just giving stuff away or tossing it. This is/will be a BIG ONE for me. I'm going to humble myself and DO IT!

6.) I super decluttered the attic last year, but there is still more I can get rid of.

7.) de-clutter the kitchen pantry once more

8.) slim down my fur-baby's toy & stuff collection...stuff it doesn't play with and is just collecting dust and taking up space.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Decluttered my bedroom at last! It's taken a while as I have been waiting for wardrobes/bedroom furniture to be delivered and built. I didn't just shove things in the cupboards either, I looked at everything and made a decision whether to keep it or get rid of it. I would say that I got rid of over half of the "stuff".

My bedroom is now a clutter-free, restful haven. I am also sleeping better but I am unsure if that's because I like my room or other reasons.

I also sorted out my little daughter's bedroom, she has better storage and, so far, is keeping it tidy. She has also got rid of some stuff.

Now to start properly on the downstairs areas. I have stuff in boxes from when we moved as after we purchased vthe house, we discovered damp and have been waiting for it to dry prior to decorating. Once I have decluttered, we should be able to get on with things.

I will have a lovely home again...

...once DH sells his massive collection of Lego.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME and @Madwife2009

Great organizing plans ladies, and good luck with all of them.

Yesterday I spent almost two hours organizing my everyday jewelry dresser. I had things that I don't use anymore, such as brooches and necklaces, and many pair of earrings had lost their "mates." I like to have the earrings organized by color but some of them were all over the place and they were hard to find.

Everything is tidy now. I have a bag ready for donation and full of the pieces that I not longer use; unmatched/lost pairs or broken items went to the garbage. The hard thing will be to keep it organize since sometimes when I am in hurry, I just put them in the drawers without giving the color a second thought.

One more thing crossed out in my to-do list. I am happy :D
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Decluttered my bedroom at last! It's taken a while as I have been waiting for wardrobes/bedroom furniture to be delivered and built. I didn't just shove things in the cupboards either, I looked at everything and made a decision whether to keep it or get rid of it. I would say that I got rid of over half of the "stuff".

My bedroom is now a clutter-free, restful haven. I am also sleeping better but I am unsure if that's because I like my room or other reasons.

I also sorted out my little daughter's bedroom, she has better storage and, so far, is keeping it tidy. She has also got rid of some stuff.

Now to start properly on the downstairs areas. I have stuff in boxes from when we moved as after we purchased vthe house, we discovered damp and have been waiting for it to dry prior to decorating. Once I have decluttered, we should be able to get on with things.

I will have a lovely home again...

...once DH sells his massive collection of Lego.

Super fabulous--I'm so GLAD for you. Enjoy your beautiful clutter free room and new home...YAY YOU!!!!!
    {{{{ <3 Hugs and High Fives <3 }}}}}

Gisel2015 wrote: »
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME and @Madwife2009

Great organizing plans ladies, and good luck with all of them.

Yesterday I spent almost two hours organizing my everyday jewelry dresser. I had things that I don't use anymore, such as brooches and necklaces, and many pair of earrings had lost their "mates." I like to have the earrings organized by color but some of them were all over the place and they were hard to find.

Everything is tidy now. I have a bag ready for donation and full of the pieces that I not longer use; unmatched/lost pairs or broken items went to the garbage. The hard thing will be to keep it organize since sometimes when I am in hurry, I just put them in the drawers without giving the color a second thought.

One more thing crossed out in my to-do list. I am happy :D

You are so rocking this thing G...I'm so HAPPY for you and THANK YOU for always being so inspirational and encouraging--you ROCK!

{{{{{ <3 Hugs and High Fives <3 }}}}}

• NewLIFEstyle4ME

1.) re-organizing slimming down my perfumes and bath products and "pretty-fying" those areas.

2.) now that my closet is much more empty, making it cuter and designing/"pretty-fying" some kind of area for my shoes

4.) getting rid of more books to make a dedicated/lovely looking but practical space for my candles and incense.

5.) start selling some stuff. I been telling myself for a LONG time, that I don't like/HATE to sell stuff, because it's a PITA (pain in the "attitude") I've talked myself into just giving stuff away or tossing it. This is/will be a BIG ONE for me. I'm going to humble myself and DO IT!

6.) I super decluttered the attic last year, but there is still more I can get rid of.

8.) slim down my fur-baby's toy & stuff collection...stuff it doesn't play with and is just collecting dust and taking up space.

#8--done...BOOM!

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member

#8--done...BOOM!

I wish I could do to do #5 :'( I live in a gated community and garage sales are not allowed and I am not good at selling on line. So the donation places are the winners.

Good job completing # 8 kiddo!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited January 2020
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

#8--done...BOOM!

I wish I could do to do #5 :'( I live in a gated community and garage sales are not allowed and I am not good at selling on line. So the donation places are the winners.

Good job completing # 8 kiddo!

Thanks Boo! Girlllll...I wasn't thinking about garage sales, I'm not sure if we're allowed to have garage sells around here either, if so, it's only once a year I think. The selling I'm talking about is the blasted online sales that I've been avoiding like the plague for years and YEARS. I DO like buying on-line, but selling on line for some odd reason, the thought of it fills my mind/heart with dread and UGH. The more I think of it, it's because years ago I did sell stuff on line and UGH, what problems I had and it was just a pain in the..."neck". YET, all that said, it's basically a blasted FEAR and fear has held me captive and held me back from too/so much "good" stuff.

I'm making 2020 a year of VISION/DREAMS & GOAL(S) achievement, humbly and FEARLESSLY, period.

I'm GLAD you're doing donations, it feels GREAT to give stuff away, I LOVE it. Even tossing stuff, at first made me feel...ummmmm, full of fear and dread, but once I got started--I too LOVE the feeling of getting rid of stuff, no matter how much I "thought" I valued it. I can say, it's almost miracle like how I don't miss ONE THING I've given away or tossed. I want to sell stuff now, because the sizes 14's, 12's, 10's even a lot of the size 8's etc I just can't fit--too big ( o:) YAY o:) ) and why not make some money?!? I'm going do it...I'm going to do it--I'M GONNA DO IT!

P.S. I'm gonna do it :p
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    @ploomka, I LOVE the Buddha "Let that *kitten* go" embroidery!
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME , A-mazing! Good for you!!

Over the break, I gave away 2 huge bags full of clothing to a needy family. 1 bag of toiletries to a woman's crisis home https://www.thecitymission.org/lauras-home/ and gone through the pantry to make sure we don't have expired items and got rid of some stale old stuff.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    So annoyed! DH dared to put clutter in my bedroom haven.

He won't do it again though, as he was told to get it shifted that very minute (and he did).

;)<3<3o:)<3<3;)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited January 2020
    One thing I did at the beginning of the year is decide that it is OK to un-follow and unfriend family. I have family members who can be extremely toxic. Some of the things they post are things that I would never, ever allow on my news feed but I would just snooze them because, well, they are family. I always felt obligated to keep them as friends but finally realized it just isn't worth it. Good bye and good riddance.

Absolutely WOW! It is truly WONDERFUL for the "spell" of I've got to fellowship/have a relationship/put up with
    my life-long friend, family member(s), (fill in the blank with a person, place or thing that society "dictates" we must or should be allowing space in our thoughts/lives, etc. because everyone does it and everyone "knows" we're supposed to because they are our...) for that "spell" to be broken and us being made FREE from all kinds of toxic, embarrassing, ugly, frustrating, nasty, messy YUCK that folk feel free to "vomit" on us because we are their (fill in the blank). It is shocking how we put up with people places and things that we truly don't have to. How utterly fabulous to say (and with a I mean business and NO compromise at all), BYE and TRULY wish the person, place or thing well, again....with absolutely NO/ZERO bitterness nor regret--just with POWER, REAL LOVE (for yourself as much as others), SOUNDNESS OF MIND and JOY unspeakable to be FOREVER FREE from unnecessary strife, yuck and UGH. Simply by "finally" realizing that when you no longer "allow" yourself to be "USED" as a human toilet (allowing people, places and things to crap and vomit) their "mess" on/in you. IT'S A CHOICE--A TOUGH ONE, BUT A CHOICE/DECISION NONE THE LESS.

What else is so tremendous is, we don't have to "allow/let/be filled with" an ounce of disrespect, sadness, anger, bitterness, fear, woe and whatnot. We are FREE to disconnect/cut-off and no longer be/feel obligated to "go-along-to-get along with people, places and things that are simply and truly just not "good" healthy to/for us nor us them. We are FREE to be the REAL person we truly are minus ANY negative mess (including negative mess from within ourselves--again, anger, wrath and all that "junk"). I'm so GLAD you've "discovered" this now, instead of YEARS from now or later on in life.

Super mega YAY YOU and I'm so VERY glad you've contributed to this thread. Your post is going to inspire and help a lot of peeps. {{{{ <3 HUGS and high fives to/for you <3 }}}}}

ETA: I heard a wise person once say "one ought not complain about something one allows" I didn't do anything about that then, when I first heard it. I'm so very GLAD/GRATEFUL and THANKFUL that I'm/we're at the place or heading towards the place of no longer allowing people/places/things to control us and keep us in an inward or outer TOXIC place of complaining and UGH because of people/places and things we allow in our heads/hearts and lives.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    @ploomka, I LOVE the Buddha "Let that *kitten* go" embroidery!
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME , A-mazing! Good for you!!

Over the break, I gave away 2 huge bags full of clothing to a needy family. 1 bag of toiletries to a woman's crisis home https://www.thecitymission.org/lauras-home/ and gone through the pantry to make sure we don't have expired items and got rid of some stale old stuff.

BOOM and SUPER YAY YOU!!!! Thank you ever so very much for contributing to this thread and for your inspirational post AND for the link--you ROCK, period.
    <3{{{ Hugs and high fives }}}} <3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited January 2020

YES!!!! #7 mission accomplished--BOOM!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited January 2020
    Well the holidays were over, things settling down, so these fools went and got a puppy. Needless to say, I'm not accomplishing much. I can't even get on the computer to do paperwork.
    He's adorable, and learning fast, but a handful just the same.

Snoo, my SNOO---GIRLLLLLLLL...I'm so sorry, but you got me ROLLING over here--one of my goals for 2020 is to laugh (heartily) a lot more and THANK YOU for helping me achieve some of that goal, cause I'm :joy:SCREAMING :grin: over here with laughter--whew, the way you think is so, ummmmmm--funny and wonderful. I'm sorry boo, but that baby isn't going to be a PITA (pain in the "attitude") for long. That baby is going to grow sooner than you think and you're going to LOVE the pieces outta him/her--I just KNOW it! In the mean-time "YES" it is/will be a PITA...I love you my friend and

i-hope-youre-hanging-on-its-okay-if-you-need-54400850.png

randomhug.gif
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Well the holidays were over, things settling down, so these fools went and got a puppy. Needless to say, I'm not accomplishing much. I can't even get on the computer to do paperwork.
    He's adorable, and learning fast, but a handful just the same.

Snoo, my SNOO---GIRLLLLLLLL...I'm so sorry, but you got me ROLLING over here--one of my goals for 2020 is to laugh (heartily) a lot more and THANK YOU for helping me achieve some of that goal, cause I'm :joy:SCREAMING :grin: over here with laughter--whew, the way you think is so, ummmmmm--funny and wonderful. I'm sorry boo, but that baby isn't going to be a PITA (pain in the "attitude") for long. That baby is going to grow sooner than you think and you're going to LOVE the pieces outta him/her--I just KNOW it! In the mean-time "YES" it is/will be a PITA...I love you my friend and

i-hope-youre-hanging-on-its-okay-if-you-need-54400850.png

randomhug.gif

Never apologize for laughing New! I've been laughing at us all week! I do love him, even with the pitattitude. He's hysterical and exhausting but so worth it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!