Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    snoo61 wrote: »
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Well the holidays were over, things settling down, so these fools went and got a puppy. Needless to say, I'm not accomplishing much. I can't even get on the computer to do paperwork.
    He's adorable, and learning fast, but a handful just the same.

Snoo, my SNOO---GIRLLLLLLLL...I'm so sorry, but you got me ROLLING over here--one of my goals for 2020 is to laugh (heartily) a lot more and THANK YOU for helping me achieve some of that goal, cause I'm :joy:SCREAMING :grin: over here with laughter--whew, the way you think is so, ummmmmm--funny and wonderful. I'm sorry boo, but that baby isn't going to be a PITA (pain in the "attitude") for long. That baby is going to grow sooner than you think and you're going to LOVE the pieces outta him/her--I just KNOW it! In the mean-time "YES" it is/will be a PITA...I love you my friend and

i-hope-youre-hanging-on-its-okay-if-you-need-54400850.png

randomhug.gif

Never apologize for laughing New! I've been laughing at us all week! I do love him, even with the pitattitude. He's hysterical and exhausting but so worth it!

Girl YEAH, I appreciate that and LOVE that you love that darling baby pup and getting your laugh on about it. You are a major league encourager/inspiration to me and so many others. YAY and Thanks Snoo--give that cutiepie and pat on the head for me!
    {{{ <3 Hugs and High fives <3 }}}}

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Decluttering "operations" for the next few/SEVERAL weeks:

1.) re-organizing slimming down my perfumes and bath products and "pretty-fying" those areas.

2.) now that my closet is much more empty, making it cuter and designing/"pretty-fying" some kind of area for my shoes

3.) cleaning the shutters in ALL the rooms

4.) getting rid of more books to make a dedicated/lovely looking but practical space for my candles and incense.

5.) start selling some stuff. I been telling myself for a LONG time, that I don't like/HATE to sell stuff, because it's a PITA (pain in the "attitude") I've talked myself into just giving stuff away or tossing it. This is/will be a BIG ONE for me. I'm going to humble myself and DO IT!

6.) I super decluttered the attic last year, but there is still more I can get rid of.

7.) de-clutter the kitchen pantry once more

8.) slim down my fur-baby's toy & stuff collection...stuff it doesn't play with and is just collecting dust and taking up space.

Boom Baby--Big ole BOOM!!!! #1 done and burned a whole LOT of N.E.A.T. cals by dancing my can off (I mean "get down on it" dancing) while pretty-fying those areas and dry-mopping and dusting the house as well.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited January 2020
    Evamutt wrote: »
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME WOW, what you shared with that guy & that he received it was amazing. It doesn't happen that way too often. I've been busy since then & haven't visited this group, things have happened. I started a new job yesterday!! I've been applying for different jobs because I no longer work Saturdays, it was only 4 hours but that's 16hrs/month. Since I got laid off at the hospital, I'm care giving so I applied for another in home care job but not with who I'm with & found out its for a group home for mentally challenged plus medical needs. I just don't want to do that so I was sitting in my rocker thinking & praying & a thought came to me to ask the person in charge of the animal rescue I volunteer for if there is any part time paid work. There was!! So I'm there 2 mornings a week doing what I do when I volunteer, except now I'm responsible to have things done on time on Saturday's before they open at 11. I was sure glad to have volunteers help me this morning now that I'm on the other side of it, lol.

Eva, girlllll--BOOM!...AMAZING indeed--so tremendously wonderful it is/was--thank you so much for mentioning it (the terrific young man I talked with)!! You "finding" a new job wonderful adventure is not only making me smile from ear to ear, but just so encouraged and utterly delighted for you as well. See...that EXACTLY what I mean when I say "so-called good and so-called bad and so called ugly" I LOVE and am experiencing almost DAILY how what seems "bad or woe is me" can so very often turn into something FANTABULOUS! Reminds me of the old saying of "necessity is the mother of invention". It's funny how trouble and woe can open up doors before us that we just couldn't wouldn't see. I'm THRILLED for you and the best is yet to come for/with you. This is only the beginning of new and wonderful (FULL of wonder) things in your life--YAY YOU and
    {{{{ <3 Hugs and The Highest of Fives <3 }}}}
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    Thank you for the encouragement @NewLIFEstyle4ME . I'm not young anymore so I hope I can keep doing it, it's physical work but I love it. I'm in fairly good health & don't take any medications. I've always been active. Today when I took my client to Walmart, I forgot the peanut butter for my husband while at checkout. It wasn't busy & no one else behind us so the cashier told me to go ahead & get it after she overheard me tell my client I forgot it. I mentioned to her that it was important to get because my husband lost about 70lbs & got off insulin since he makes smoothies & likes to add P butter instead of eating all the sweets he used to. She got very interested & asked how he did it & I mentioned that I lost weight too by counting calories with mfp. She asked me further questions & said she's going to check it out. It reminded me of what you shared with the guy who was interested. It was a good morning. I'm very tired from my new job, mostly getting up so early but I will get used to it. So today(I'm home from my care giving) I may just stay home & do much needed cleaning & take my time. Don't know if I'll go to gym. It's hard for me not to walk my dogs, I feel bad for our younger one but our seniors I think are ok with it. I really need to get rid of some tops I never wear. All I do is bring them out after summer & put them away before the summer for the following year, ugh
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited January 2020
    Evamutt wrote: »
    Thank you for the encouragement @NewLIFEstyle4ME . I'm not young anymore so I hope I can keep doing it, it's physical work but I love it. I'm in fairly good health & don't take any medications. I've always been active. Today when I took my client to Walmart, I forgot the peanut butter for my husband while at checkout. It wasn't busy & no one else behind us so the cashier told me to go ahead & get it after she overheard me tell my client I forgot it. I mentioned to her that it was important to get because my husband lost about 70lbs & got off insulin since he makes smoothies & likes to add P butter instead of eating all the sweets he used to. She got very interested & asked how he did it & I mentioned that I lost weight too by counting calories with mfp. She asked me further questions & said she's going to check it out. It reminded me of what you shared with the guy who was interested. It was a good morning. I'm very tired from my new job, mostly getting up so early but I will get used to it. So today(I'm home from my care giving) I may just stay home & do much needed cleaning & take my time. Don't know if I'll go to gym. It's hard for me not to walk my dogs, I feel bad for our younger one but our seniors I think are ok with it. I really need to get rid of some tops I never wear. All I do is bring them out after summer & put them away before the summer for the following year, ugh

I just LOVE your attitude/spirit and the way you think so MUCH! Ya know what "they" say..."hard work keeps us young and outta trouble"--so you're doing so marvelous, mega YAY YOU! Isn't is so much FUN to talk to people and see them go from a frown to a big ole encouraged smile--I love that and love to live this way...makes life so interesting and again FUN! It's very much like giving--but YOU get just as much (if not more) than what you give--so cool that is!

Please know I'm cheering you on--big time. {{{ <3 Hugs and high fives to you <3 }}}}
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Another four boxes of stuff to the charity shop and one box to the local library for their children's sessions.

Have also got a load of stuff to sell but listing that will have to wait until I'm through the current wave of decluttering. It's out of the way, so I can get on with decorating my lounge but it's not forgotten about as it represents money that we need to continue renovating the house.

I have been harsh. I had a room full of boxes and I have kept about a quarter of it, mainly books I love and photos. These will all have a place once we've finished decorating, etc so I don't see these as clutter.

I have realised though, that now my mindset is in "declutter" mode, I have an urge to declutter what I've already decluttered. Some stuff, I am sure, I have kept due to habit. Time to let it go as some things were gifts but I didn't like them then and I don't like them now. So, round two will be to reduce it further.

I value experiences, memories and people over "stuff" now. I just wish I could make DH understand as he keeps saying, "Don't you want to keep that?" even when I've said it has to go!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Another four boxes of stuff to the charity shop and one box to the local library for their children's sessions.

Have also got a load of stuff to sell but listing that will have to wait until I'm through the current wave of decluttering. It's out of the way, so I can get on with decorating my lounge but it's not forgotten about as it represents money that we need to continue renovating the house.

I have been harsh. I had a room full of boxes and I have kept about a quarter of it, mainly books I love and photos. These will all have a place once we've finished decorating, etc so I don't see these as clutter.

I have realised though, that now my mindset is in "declutter" mode, I have an urge to declutter what I've already decluttered. Some stuff, I am sure, I have kept due to habit. Time to let it go as some things were gifts but I didn't like them then and I don't like them now. So, round two will be to reduce it further.

I value experiences, memories and people over "stuff" now. I just wish I could make DH understand as he keeps saying, "Don't you want to keep that?" even when I've said it has to go!

Well, it's amazing what you find when decluttering - so far this week I'm about £75 richer, just from money I've found amongst all the junk, including some notes 'put away safely' in envelopes (and then promptly forgotten about).

WELL DONE and BOOM! You are doing terrific and I'm so very GLAD for you. YAY you and
    {{{ <3 Hugs <3 }}}
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Moved into a new house at the end of the summer and did a massive purge while doing so. Donated most of this to Salvation Army or a local outreach center.

Put up adjustable shelving in the two closets and working on finishing 3 more mechanical rooms to maximize storage space. Working on finishing up the garage and put up ceiling racks and hooks to get more stuff off the floor.

twx16kqb2aba.png

7jlflb8oujrq.png

The answer is YES, SUPER YAY and BOOM! Way to go, you winner YOU!
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    I decided to de-clutter after reading this thread and happy with the positive feeling it gives me. My closet is much smaller, and made a personal vow that I will not add anything new, until the items I have left are ridiculously too large for me to continue wearing. Thank you for the inspiration everyone :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited January 2020
    SnazzIT wrote: »
    I decided to de-clutter after reading this thread and happy with the positive feeling it gives me. My closet is much smaller, and made a personal vow that I will not add anything new, until the items I have left are ridiculously too large for me to continue wearing. Thank you for the inspiration everyone :)

Absolutely W <3 W and BOOM! Thank you ever so VERY much for your super fabulous and ultra inspirational contribution to this thread. I have read many, many posts about victories of decluttering, but yours somehow makes me FILLED with joy and gladness for you and me too! I so KNOW and LOVE that "happy/positive feeling" of looking around at a cleaner, simpler/less cluttered home/closets and it truly is nothing less than freeing. powerful and positive big time.

I am THRILLED that you've thrown down the gauntlet and have chosen/decided to do what you've done and are doing. You're an encouraging super-star, period. YAY YOU and
    {{{{{ <3 BIG HUGS and the highest of fives to/for YOU <3 }}}}}}
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Absolutely. Once I started I just couldn't quit. I worked my head off from 6 am - 9 pm for 40 days and 40 nights. I cleaned every closet, nook and cranny. I gave all of my clothes away, the really old ones went into the bin. I had all sizes of clothing but the best thing I did was letting everything gooooo. I threw all of my dieting books with companion cookbooks into the trash, too. Good riddance. I haven't missed any of that multi-cr@p one single day and I'm not dragging any more of it back in here. No more garage sales or here you go...maybe you have a use for this and sigh, I take it. No. The end.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Over the years, I’ve learned to “let go” of comparing myself to people, especially people who were never obese.

I think it’s important for us to acknowledge how far we’ve come & to compare ourselves only to *who we were yesterday* rather than other people or celebrities, etc. 💪🤩🌟

Since doing this, I’ve been sooo much happier. Focusing on being the best version of *me*, not someone else. 🥰💕

MAN oh MAN! If I could jump thru the screen and hug you...I super would!!!
    THIS, what you have chosen/decided and are thinking/doing/being is a super mega HUGE break-thru and WIN.
    This "business" of comparing ourselves amongst ourselves is so unwise AND the stuff ALL YUCK in our lives begins with. Comparing ourselves with others brings a lot of things we never think of to/for ourselves. Stuff like envying, self-deception/being fake--living in unreality, hopelessness, coveting, anger, depression, bitterness and all kinds of ugly vile YUCK, WOE and UGH. I am so HAPPY for you, mere words can NOT fully described. THANK YOU ever so very much for this post--you sheer unadulterated champion super star you--big BOOM with a dash of BAM!

{{{{ <3 Super Hugs and the highest of fives to/for you <3 }}}}}}
  • johnnys_fitness_ch
    johnnys_fitness_ch Posts: 80 Member
    A famous bodybuilder (Jay Cutler) once said to rid your life of people places and things that hold you back. I have started to do just that. I have turned off Facebook, Instagram and twitter. I have also cut negative people out as well. He said when he was training for the Mr. Olympia and someone would call him about negative *kitten* he would hang up on them.... great read...
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited January 2020
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Absolutely. Once I started I just couldn't quit. I worked my head off from 6 am - 9 pm for 40 days and 40 nights. I cleaned every closet, nook and cranny. I gave all of my clothes away, the really old ones went into the bin. I had all sizes of clothing but the best thing I did was letting everything gooooo. I threw all of my dieting books with companion cookbooks into the trash, too. Good riddance. I haven't missed any of that multi-cr@p one single day and I'm not dragging any more of it back in here. No more garage sales or here you go...maybe you have a use for this and sigh, I take it. No. The end.

WOW! These posts...THESE POSTS are really hyping me UP, big time. I am OVERJOYED with your CHOICES and actions--so very GLAD for you, so inspired by you, so very encouraged too. Girl, you are so doing this thing right and righteously and I LOVE your "I aint playing with this thing here another second", period--ENOUGH IS TRULY ENOUGH--the answer is NO to mess and excess ugh and YES to victory and being FREE from the grips of "stuff and mess and excess". Your post here is going to help soooooo many people, people you will never hear from, but will be inspired by YOU none the less. WOW...just YES and WOW and
    {{{{ <3 Hugs and Super big ole High Fives to/for you and yours=BOOM <3 }}}}}}}}}
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!