Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    What happened to Steven Seagal?

I think Steven Seagal happened to Steven Seagal
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    Which is better, a loofa, sponge or wash cloth when in the shower?

A new wash cloth every time you shower.
    I feel like loofas just exfoliate your skin and transfers the dirt right back onto your skin next time you shower. Some ppl keep those things for weeks.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Who wants to join my one man band?

Are you the manager? Or are you in reality, a stick shift?

stick shift? Is there a meaning for that phrase?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Who wants to join MMYY one man band? 😏
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

Well don't everyone shout out at once... 😂
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options

Makes me think of this

https://youtu.be/ZR-3r5Z9kqw
  • isalsayourface123
    Options

You figured it out
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

Makes me think of this

Thats a bad song, and in the dinner time queue now lol
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options

Makes me think of this

Thats a bad song, and in the dinner time queue now lol

There's a spoof too. If sausage is on the menu that one could produce some laughs.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

You figured it out

It's called sarcasm 😂
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options

As an esthetician I can tell you that none are bad, but not really optimal on a daily basis. However, if you like any/all of those tools, I agree with the person above who mentioned that once/use is optimal & wash/soak the implement after each use in hot water/soap.

The problem comes when people do too much, too often & scrub their skin like they're scrubbing a frying pan. The reverse issue is people who do too little, then want one magical product, used once, to save their skin.

The best way & cheapest way to moisturize, cleanse & exfoliate skin at the same time is a method which takes only a few minutes extra, but feels fantastic. I do it daily, but once/wk is a must for every skin type, imho.

Dry brush (article below), then slather the skin from head face to toe with oil (coconut, grapeseed or any edible oil... baby oil is mineral oil w/fragrance & mineral oil is drying to the skin, so use edible oils only... olive is great, but very thick, so you can also mix a blend of oils in a dispenser), then take your normal shower with whichever mild soap you normally use (no cloth, loofa or sponge needed). When finished, your skin feels like silk & the bonus is, you don't need pricey body moisturizers, most of which are not effective & loaded with chemicals.

The face can be cleansed/exfoliated/moisturized the same way. For women, taking off makeup first with coconut oil is fast, easy, effective & inexpensive.

Dry brushing:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/beauty/brush-your-skin-for-a-healthy-glow/articleshow/68270170.cms

I'm sure some of the below products are lovely, but using kitchen oil is far cheaper & fragrance can be used after shower/bath:

https://www.wellandgood.com/good-looks/body-oil-before-shower-dermatologist-approved/

There's more, but that's a start. Try it once & see how you like it. At very least, if you don't have a brush for dry brushing (I find equestrian brushes are soft, cheap & effective), do the other 2 steps... slather head to toe with oil, then shower. Let me know how it works for you.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    If the food industry was able to grow, genetically modified cow parts in a lab, grown from a clone of a clone of a cow part...

But it contained 0 calories and had double the protein...

Would you eat it?
    Would it be vegan? 🤔
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »

As an esthetician I can tell you that none are bad, but not really optimal on a daily basis. However, if you like any/all of those tools, I agree with the person above who mentioned that once/use is optimal & wash/soak the implement after each use in hot water/soap.

The problem comes when people do too much, too often & scrub their skin like they're scrubbing a frying pan. The reverse issue is people who do too little, then want one magical product, used once, to save their skin.

The best way & cheapest way to moisturize, cleanse & exfoliate skin at the same time is a method which takes only a few minutes extra, but feels fantastic. I do it daily, but once/wk is a must for every skin type, imho.

Dry brush (article below), then slather the skin from head face to toe with oil (coconut, grapeseed or any edible oil... baby oil is mineral oil w/fragrance & mineral oil is drying to the skin, so use edible oils only... olive is great, but very thick, so you can also mix a blend of oils in a dispenser), then take your normal shower with whichever mild soap you normally use (no cloth, loofa or sponge needed). When finished, your skin feels like silk & the bonus is, you don't need pricey body moisturizers, most of which are not effective & loaded with chemicals.

The face can be cleansed/exfoliated/moisturized the same way. For women, taking off makeup first with coconut oil is fast, easy, effective & inexpensive.

Dry brushing:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/beauty/brush-your-skin-for-a-healthy-glow/articleshow/68270170.cms

I'm sure some of the below products are lovely, but using kitchen oil is far cheaper & fragrance can be used after shower/bath:

https://www.wellandgood.com/good-looks/body-oil-before-shower-dermatologist-approved/

There's more, but that's a start. Try it once & see how you like it. At very least, if you don't have a brush for dry brushing (I find equestrian brushes are soft, cheap & effective), do the other 2 steps... slather head to toe with oil, then shower. Let me know how it works for you.

Thank you for the info, I will definitely look into it. I've never heard of dry brushing your skin before.
    What about those body bath washes with the apricot bits in them to exfoliate the skin
    (not the face ones)

YW. Even if you don't dry brush, if you moisturize with oil first, then take a shower/bath with soap (far less chemicals than body washes), your skin will be better for it.

Use exfoliation washes if you want, but dry brushing is free & only takes 1-1/2 min. Also, if you want deeper exfoliation & want to skip brushing, mix sugar with oil in a cup before spreading it on skin... but, do it quickly as it will dissolve... then step into the shower. It's very mild, so doesn't scratch the skin. Washes with crushed apricot seed remnants can scratch the skin. Sugar is low cost, as well.

Spas charge hundreds of dollars for sugaring. Try it once. You won't stop... promise.
  • isalsayourface123
    Options
    If the food industry was able to grow, genetically modified cow parts in a lab, grown from a clone of a clone of a cow part...

Would you eat it?
    Would it be vegan? 🤔

I probably would. If I grow a third eye 🤷‍♀️
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    edited January 2020
    Options

Would you eat it?
    Would it be vegan? 🤔

I probably would. If I grow a third eye 🤷‍♀️

Now that would be cool, but I already have 4
    So I guess it would be a 5th eye, for you and I? 🤔

🤓
  • tony56pr
    tony56pr Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bcaa= branch chain amino acids. The idea behind them is they are making of more complex protein, and body is supposed to absorb faster, allowing one to have the building block to create more muscle.

Are they important? Sure, but not going to matter if you supplement bcaas or not. As long as you are getting plenty of protein. Whey protein would be higher on important supplements but you will do fine without that too.