Women 200lb+, Let's Jump-Start This January!!!

Options

Replies

• BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @sharpdust I’m proud of you for recognizing the positives👍🏽 and making a plan for the next time.
  • Candyn617
    Candyn617 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    @sharpdust Going into social situations without a game plan actually gives me anxiety. I tend to want to fall back into old eating habits when I dont feel prepared. Something I continue to work on. Way to go on not letting one day turn into 3 or 4. That's great. I think as long as we hop right back on our weight loss journey and logging one day will not throw us off too badly. Maybe not at all!! Key is to not beat ourselves up when life happens. Your mile count so far is awesome!! You got this!!
  • Candyn617
    Candyn617 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    @BrownSugar174 I am totally loving all your pictures! So inspiring! I am so sorry you had to deal with such a rude sales lady at Talbots. Unfortunately sometimes it takes someone else to pull the bandaid off to make us wake up. Way to turn things around. You look amazing in that dress!!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    @sharpdust: We learn from our failures how to deal with challenges like that. But be proud of yourself for not binging! It's hard to overcome learned cues like that. Glad to hear that your dry January is going well, and that your walking is happening!
  • MaliarOksana
    MaliarOksana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @torihudson6 definently! I'm trying to get back into exercising slowly, I ran/walked a little today :smile:
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @torihudson6 - I don't believe in what we like to call "willpower" or "self-control". It's more about shaping your environment so you have the best chance at being successful. I mentioned the book "Change Anything", this 7 minute video clip from the folks who wrote that book demonstrates why willpower is over-rated. I found it adorable, heartbreaking and insightful.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rj4pMdCosI&list=PLq6xHLjpckweZrm3gzRfQmjLo3UN1Ij1y&index=4&t=0s[url="http://"][/url]