Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

How do you define "Curvy?"

13»

Replies

• sdenness9925sdenness9925 Posts: 259Member Member Posts: 259Member Member
    I have to say i thought hour glass was literally like an hour glass, though this could be defined as curvy. But then any curvy in the right places is curvy, so ........ man i dont know actualy, but hey, really great question
  • vanityy99vanityy99 Posts: 1,399Member Member Posts: 1,399Member Member
    I would really like to take back the ‘curvy’ moniker for the hourglass shape. Even now that I still have some inches to lose in the midsection I still consider myself a curvy figure, I think it has more to do with the hip shape when it comes to pants.

It’s been a nightmare finding jeans to fit in the low and mid rise styles for the last 5-10 years. A curved cut would have a smaller waist in relation to the hips, and would avoid the dreaded gap of doom. We won’t even talk about those of us with a long torso and high natural waist.

That is so me. These "high waisted" pants still come below my belly button and probably a good inch or two below my waist.

You must’ve not discovered ‘super high’ high waisted jeans yet?

• mom23mangosmom23mangos Posts: 2,969Member Member Posts: 2,969Member Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    I would really like to take back the ‘curvy’ moniker for the hourglass shape. Even now that I still have some inches to lose in the midsection I still consider myself a curvy figure, I think it has more to do with the hip shape when it comes to pants.

It’s been a nightmare finding jeans to fit in the low and mid rise styles for the last 5-10 years. A curved cut would have a smaller waist in relation to the hips, and would avoid the dreaded gap of doom. We won’t even talk about those of us with a long torso and high natural waist.

That is so me. These "high waisted" pants still come below my belly button and probably a good inch or two below my waist.

You must’ve not discovered ‘super high’ high waisted jeans yet?

Oh I have. That's really what I was referring to above. I have 2 pairs. They both come below my naval.
  • nooshi713nooshi713 Posts: 4,012Member Member Posts: 4,012Member Member
    Booty, thighs, and breasts. To me, hips have nothing to do with it. One can have wide hips and be otherwise skinny.
  • emmabrookes1emmabrookes1 Posts: 15Member Member Posts: 15Member Member
    Not shaped like SpongeBob.
    So true, and why I'm here :#
  • TooDamnSweetTooDamnSweet Posts: 50Member, Premium Member Posts: 50Member, Premium Member
    Curvy and hour glass body types are not necessarily the same thing. Curvy is synonymous with curvaceous, rounded, zaftig, shapely, buxom, statuesque, voluptuousw, well-rounded, sonsie, bosomy, etc. Also, measurement proportions can be misleading depending on height.
  • ButtermelloButtermello Posts: 85Member Member Posts: 85Member Member
    To me curvy is someone who has a fairly prominent butt/bust, smaller waist, flat belly. And yes... I do think it has become synonymous with chunky/fat for some.

While, I dont particularly think that I am 'fat', I also think that I am too chubby to use the term curvy as I envision it. I have a large measurement difference between boobs/waist/hips... but I also have a lower stomach pouch. A high waist means that even though I have a belly, my actual waist isnt that big.

• cherrylou123cherrylou123 Posts: 96Member Member Posts: 96Member Member
    Curvy has smaller waist and wider hips😊😊😊

Not all slim are curvy.. Not all fat are curvy 😉

I like curvy than slim or fat..
  • tufntendertufntender Posts: 82Member Member Posts: 82Member Member
    Well, from my rearview I have been described as curvy and HWP, yay. But, then I turn around and My man calls me pleasantly plump, hmmm