What do you have for lunch?

Replies

• JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    I food prepped Sunday, I baked 5 chicken breasts (used different seasonings on all of them) then roasted broccoli and cubed sweet potatoes. It's been a low-cal, healthy, tasty and filling lunch all week.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Usually a turkey sandwich and fruit.
    Today I have and bean and cheddar burrito and a Moro blood orange.
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Salad bacon ranch and boiled egg. With a side of graprs. Looking for more ideas
  • estherpotter1
    estherpotter1 Posts: 137 Member
    usually salad or leftovers
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    Bought sushi at the half price sale a half hour before closing at the takeaway under my office. Popped in the office fridge overnight for lunch the next day.
    xeqgo9zs4190.jpeg
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    One of my go to lunches. Leftover chicken breast (5oz) on romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes and fav light dressing.
    vtkl6ue3wbsd.jpg
  • KevinWH87
    KevinWH87 Posts: 74 Member
    Leftovers from last night’s dinner!

It makes it that bit easier cooking a little extra at night, not having to put in any effort to have a tasty, nutritious lunch.
  • acpgee
    Leftovers from last night's raid at the sushi takeaway below my office that does a half price sale a half hour before closing, which happens to be around the time I leave work.
    cmfqzlihbx2i.jpeg
  • mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    Usually left overs. Retired now, but even when I was working I'd take left overs to heat up in the micro-stove in the lunchroom.

Sometimes sandwiches. Especially PBJ's! Love 'em so much I wrote a short story extolling their virtues.🤣
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    edited January 2020
    I work at a high school, so lunches are fairly healthy if I choose to eat here. Pretty much all meals are around 500-600 calories. Everything is whole grains, baked, low sugar, light versions, etc. The food is actually pretty decent.

Today will be a Italian Sub on WG Ciabatta, spinach salad w/ Light Italian dressing, and apple slices. I get a couple other components (another veggie & fruit), but I take those home. I get a whole meal for only $3.80.

I do bring leftovers from home often, so I don't always eat here.
  • MrsSloffee
    MrsSloffee Posts: 34 Member
    FH and I are doing things that are easy, since I'm back in classes and we're really trying to change our lifestyles during this time. So for lunch at work I am having a Healthy Choice Power Bowl. Tonight I'm making a home chef dinner.
  • acpgee
    From the asian takeaway. Rice and stir fried veg with a couple of chicken gyoza.
    kux35r1g6sny.jpeg

• SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Lunch for me is a Turkey wrap with pepper jack/lettuce/pesto aioli, carrots, and blackberries.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Today I'll be having french onion soup with a chunk of bread and mozzarella. I'll probably eat a yogurt with lunch as well.
  • I cook our lunches since between one of my partners doing school online and the other being between contracts, we're all home at lunchtime.

We do a revolving set of weekly lunch items. Monday is chicken or steak quesadilla, Tuesday is hamburgers, Wednesday is Chili, Thursday is pork fritter, Friday is leftover cleanup from the week's dinners, Saturday is hot dogs, and Sunday is Mexican wraps with a wide variety of ingredients. My lunches tend to be about 400- 500 calories, but that works for me. If I eat a lighter lunch, I run out before dinner is ready and get hangry.
  • acpgee
    Takeaway pho at my desk.
    kzcafqzxbksk.jpeg
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    This week it's mainly salmon and salad. Some days peppered turkey on 21 seeds bread with an apple. Or salad and tuna.. Most time seafood is lunch lol
  • cimrie616
    cimrie616 Posts: 65 Member
    Cobb salad with grilled chicken and homemade ranch.
  • acpgee
    Brown rice lunch box with grilled pork from the Vietnamese takeaway at my desk.
    v6zddjnj4ozh.jpeg
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    1/2 of a tuna sandwich: 1 piece of bread, 1/3 can of drained tuna, chopped celery, relish, and a 1/2 T of mayo.
    1 cup of cooked broccoli with 1 T Trader Joe's Thai Red Curry Sauce.