2 Minute Microwave Mug Bread

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Ok - so I've posted several times how much I lovethis bread! Today, I added a few fresh blueberries to the recipes. I know what you're thinking............... yes, there was a little splatter but OMG it was really good!

I thought about adding frozen blueberries to it. Might try that tomorrow. :) I used the recipe I posted above and added 2 T. oat bran this time. It's a very versatile and filling recipe!!
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Ok - so I've posted several times how much I lovethis bread! Today, I added a few fresh blueberries to the recipes. I know what you're thinking............... yes, there was a little splatter but OMG it was really good!

I thought about adding frozen blueberries to it. Might try that tomorrow. :) I used the recipe I posted above and added 2 T. oat bran this time. It's a very versatile and filling recipe!!

Let me know how the frozen bberries work out - be careful, there is some splatter inside microwave but forces me to clean it so not a terrible thing!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Let me know how the frozen bberries work out - be careful, there is some splatter inside microwave but forces me to clean it so not a terrible thing!

I add frozen blueberries to my oatmeal to cook in the micro all of the time and no splatters. I guess I use a bigger bowl??
    To clean the micro easy, I just boil a mug of water (about 3 min), let it sit a few minutes, then wipe down w/ a paper towel. No mess. :bigsmile:
  • megret57
    Options
    bump
  • 2girlymama
    Options
    Bump for future reference!
  • maria33296
    Options
    Has anyone tried substituting the egg like someone suggested for a vegan version? I'm not vegan but try to avoid eggs when and where I can as I don't really care for them and would rather use a little bit more oil or some other binding agent? I'd love to try this - sounds great by all the reviews and I really can use this as I am diabetic just as is the OP. Thanks!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Has anyone tried substituting the egg like someone suggested for a vegan version? I'm not vegan but try to avoid eggs when and where I can as I don't really care for them and would rather use a little bit more oil or some other binding agent? I'd love to try this - sounds great by all the reviews and I really can use this as I am diabetic just as is the OP. Thanks!

I used almond milk instead of the eggs/ egg beaters and it worked fine!! But just use a little less, I added closer to 1/3 cup instead of 1/2 cup of egg beaters.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I doubled the splenda and added 1/4t of vanilla. It tasted SOOO much like french toast. Sliced it, a little SF syrup and my family were happy campers! (and my pre-teen son, never once complained that he was hungry!)
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    OK, another successful *bread*. 2 T. coconut flour + 2 T. ground flaxseed + 1/2 tsp. double acting baking powder. Mix the dry ingredients together in large mug (sprayed w/ Pam) and then add in the 1/2 cup egg beaters. Mix really well, let sit for about a minute, then microwave a minute, check, and microwave another minute.

My *muffin* today.

Used my large mug again sprayed w/ Pam.
    2 T. coconut flour + 2 T. ground golden flaxseed + 2 T. oat bran + 1/2 tsp. double acting baking powder + 1/2 cup eggbeaters. Mix well. Microwaved 2 min, then flipped it over. Topped w/ 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, microwaved another minute until dethawed. Topped w/ 1 T. natural crunchy peanut butter. Peanut butter raspberry muffin!! YUM!
  • cedarhurst2006
    Options
    OK, another successful *bread*. 2 T. coconut flour + 2 T. ground flaxseed + 1/2 tsp. double acting baking powder. Mix the dry ingredients together in large mug (sprayed w/ Pam) and then add in the 1/2 cup egg beaters. Mix really well, let sit for about a minute, then microwave a minute, check, and microwave another minute.

My *muffin* today.

Used my large mug again sprayed w/ Pam.
    2 T. coconut flour + 2 T. ground golden flaxseed + 2 T. oat bran + 1/2 tsp. double acting baking powder + 1/2 cup eggbeaters. Mix well. Microwaved 2 min, then flipped it over. Topped w/ 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, microwaved another minute until dethawed. Topped w/ 1 T. natural crunchy peanut butter. Peanut butter raspberry muffin!! YUM!

You are almost as addicted to this bread as I am! I now have this everyday~ I have tried some of the variations but I love it just plain. I top with a smidge of butter or SF jelly. I just bought my 2nd package of flaxseed meal - never used it before now with this recipe. I make it in different containers for a different look. It's very filling and I will sometimes have it at night after dinner if I feel "snacky". I will say it again..............Luv it!!! Especially great for diabetics!!
  • jakeconmag
    Options
    bump
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mestupscout
    mestupscout Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this! I can't wait to try it :)
  • Bump
  • cedarhurst2006
    Options
    So I've posted numerous times how much I love this bread and as a diabetic, I have it almost every morning. Today I tried it with 1/2 a smashed banana and YUMMY!!!! This recipe does not disappoint!!!!
  • chapagonzo
    Options
    bump
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Bump