What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    Take away chain Wasabi has a shop under my office. They start their half price sale a half hour before closing around the same time I leave the office. We are probably going to make a weekly habit of picking up half price sushi for dinner. This is what 10 pounds worth of sushi looks like during the sale.
    6tn6wuw6cx66.jpeg

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    @acpgee, I think your Sushi consumption went UP!!! I can tell by your pics:)
  • dallsop417
    dallsop417 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Came in thread to get some ideas before shopping for food to cook for my dinner. After seeing all your pix I’m now 10 times hungrier!!!
  • acpgee
    Salad with candied walnuts and blue cheese dressing followed by a meatball and zuurkool stampot (=mash with sauerkraut).
    y6nq3yl0r3oy.jpeg
  • acpgee
    ubpt3fah4xpc.jpeg
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    edited January 2020
    hiaact7x7w5h.jpeg

This meal turned out surprisingly good! Lime spaghetti squash sautee that I topped with baked turkey meatballs that I made with maesri brand thai yellow curry paste, cilantro, fish sauce and keffir lime leaves in them. The sauce is just a bit of peanut butter and sweet chili sauce. I plan to make a bigger batch of the meatballs and add chopped water chestnuts for some crunch. These had some celery in them and the crunch was good.
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    edited January 2020
    iscim8hg5yh9.jpeg

• acpgee
    https://palatino.london/menu/à-la-carte
    Online menu is not really up to date. I had a broccoli fritti with vinegar and honey dipping sauce followed by spaghetti with clams and mussels. Shared side of sauteed spinach.
    6cd7a39im0yc.jpeg
    qr6gb6r3hh89.jpeg
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    gosh this looks yummy....I could SO go for this right now....h87tik22ger4.png
  • kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 177 Member
    Braised short ribs cooked in red wine, roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes (or creamed cauliflower)
    urxdo8lgduu5.jpeg

• dallsop417
    First round of breakfast
  • dallsop417
    Second round of breakfast
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    2dc12dft5gzt.jpeg

Tempeh Puttanesca with Brown Rice.
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    bulgar, shrimp, spinach, corn, avocado, southwestern seasoning, salsa:
    0j23wqu5l6cd.jpg

roasted beet stalks, onion, garlic over wilted spinach. tossed with walnuts, balsamic
    vinegar:
    kq8uvdf6dr8p.jpg

poppin cookin! make your own candy sushi:
    fo4gjwfcants.jpg

breakfast: english muffin, avocado, crab, poached egg, seasoning:
    kr77gki4htvn.jpg

celebratory eating out while the mechanics setup my new bike: "Porklandia sandwich"
    619qjfymn95g.jpg

• acpgee
    Second meal from last night's whole roast spatchcock chicken was a horribly inauthentic taco dinner. My Mexican sister in law would cringe if she witnessed this.
    Main filler was a salad of chopped leftover chicken, a chopped avocado and a jar of commercial salsa. Garnishes were crumbled feta, lime wedges, coriander, shredded lettuce, raw onion, creme fraiche, green sriracha. Hubby struggles to digest tortillas but can handle thinner peking duck wrappers so we used those. The elote was reasonably authentic except for the fact I used Japanese mayo and parmesan cheese and roasted the corn in the air fryer.
    ecobmdx3obw6.jpeg