What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 526 Member
    edited January 2020
    Dinner last night was Chinese Fried Rice with shrimp (homemade, of course). Breakfast was an egg over easy, an English muffin and a fresh red grapefruit off one of my trees.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,070 Member
    Last meal I cooked? I made a simple low-fat chili with some leftover cans I had in the pantry. I used a can of chicken breast, one of black beans, one of chopped tomatoes, and mixed them together. I added freshly cracked black pepper, Himalayan pink salt, and mild hot sauce. (I forgot to add garlic and turmeric this time - will add when I get home.) This was for my work lunches.

The meal before that, that I cooked by myself, was three eggs and a third of a portabello mushroom, basically scrambled eggs with more black pepper, a little salt, some cumin, and more turmeric. The turmeric is for health, it doesn't taste like much.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited January 2020
    Bowtie past with meat sauce.
    Tonight fish filets browned in EVOO, vegetable bean farro (spelt) soup, and wilted spinach saute'd in butter.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Not a meal but an ingredient. Caramel coated pecans cooling. When they are hard and no longer sticky they will go into a jar for garnishing green salads.
    4i6ia4rro3w8.jpeg
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    last meal cooked Broccoli crustless quiche, roasted turkey and pickled cucumbers in the menu for today
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited January 2020
    I made chicken *linguine* alfredo with garlic bread and broccoli last night
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Last nights dinner: Asian chop salad, Spanish rice with Shrimp.
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 432 Member
    Roasted chickpeas with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne. Homemade tzatziki (greek yogurt, cucumber, a tbsp of sour cream, tons of dill) and a bag of mixed veggies (frozen). I've been feeling under the weather and haven't made it to the store.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Beef Stiry fry with protein noodles
  • Sylphadora
    Sylphadora Posts: 75 Member
    Technically, homemade chocolate (cacao butter + cacao powder + salt + almond extract) but the last "real" meal I cooked was an egg & ground beef bake that I'm about to eat in less than an hour :)
  • tamazinegrace
    tamazinegrace Posts: 25 Member
    Minced beef enchiladas 🐷
  • imfornd70
    imfornd70 Posts: 552 Member
    Chicken withe lemon Cream sauce - Parmesan asparagus spears
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Homemade chicken broth with mini veal raviolis and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano, steak strips, and fried potatoes.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Last night's dinner: Burgers and Vegan Mac n Cheese
  • carablades
    carablades Posts: 8 Member
    6.7 oz of salmon and salad with low calorie strawberry balsamic dressing ...418 calories, 49 g of protein
    y6sq296pkv4o.jpg

That is GORGEOUS ❤️😭
  • cimrie616
    cimrie616 Posts: 65 Member
    White sauce chicken, spinach and sun dried tomato lasagna.
  • bobbyjthomas1
    bobbyjthomas1 Posts: 5 Member
    I like to experiment a little and try out new recipes. My family all liked chicken fried steak sandwiches. But, I have to say I was very unimpressed by the results. I think it was too much meat. I cooked up a quick and easy batch of big gravy to use in every meal, including a chicken and dumpling recipe this weekend. I also enjoy watching video recipes of home made canned sausage gravy reviews at a dinner a couple of months ago. That was a very good night.