Team Jungle Jewels (Sept Tribal Challenge) - Week 1 (CLOSED

Options

Replies

• ruelman83
    ruelman83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Feel free to change my starting weight! LMAO, I gained a pound over night! (damn it..) My weight is now 227 lbs! lmao
  • QueenFe
    QueenFe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Jungle Jewels,

I'm excited to say I was up at 5:30 am. and decided to push myself! I stretched and then did BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced) - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps! It took me 15 minutes to complete. I have to admit I struggled with the Globe Jumps LOL I had to break them up into 10's with a 30 sec. break between each set but I did it!!!! I feel great!!! :-) Then I have kickboxing later on tonight woo hooo!!! GO JUNGLE JEWELS!!!

Have a fabulous day everyone!!!!
  • suse75
    Options
    woohoo.....already did my excercises - Pigmy Style :wink:
    Squat Kicks - 50 total (25 each side)
    Jumping Jacks - 50 total (before anyone got to work & could see me & feel the building shake, lol)

I have 48ounces of water sitting on my desk but my day has just started. Hmmmmm...may just have to Zumba tonight at church
  • QueenFe
    Options
    woohoo.....already did my excercises - Pigmy Style :wink:
    Squat Kicks - 50 total (25 each side)
    Jumping Jacks - 50 total (before anyone got to work & could see me & feel the building shake, lol)

I have 48ounces of water sitting on my desk but my day has just started. Hmmmmm...may just have to Zumba tonight at church

Great Job Suse :-) Proud of ya!!!
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Fe & Suse - I bow to you!! You're awesome!!
    Can you please report in later with your water & under cals??

:bigsmile:
  • QueenFe
    Options
    Fe & Suse - I bow to you!! You're awesome!!
    Can you please report in later with your water & under cals??

:bigsmile:

Sure thing Jules... oh I have a question, when doing the 50 squat kicks... should we be counting every time we kick or right kick, left kick = 1???? Just wondering :-)
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    A right AND left kick is 1.....that's the way I've always done it anyway!! ha!!
  • QueenFe
    Options
    A right AND left kick is 1.....that's the way I've always done it anyway!! ha!!

Ok thanks for the confirmation!!!! I owe 25 more... Lol :-)
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Sorry - an update from Gary...

SEPT CHALLENGE FOLKS THAT ARE USING THE BUSHMEN SERIES EXERCISES! I forgot to add that you need to being each day with a tabata 4 minute start. I am using this young woman's series. Its great but you have to stay in time with her. 20 seconds hard core 10 seconds rest for minutes. It will push you hard and will shape and tone large muscle group areas. Make sure everyday starts with a tabata no matter what the challenge is! The video is here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkCnNrxHwFE&feature=youtube_gdata_player http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DfuU3TSsFM&feature=youtube_gdata_player here is another one she does she has several!
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    ****** MINI-CHALLENGE ALERT ******

O.K. Let's start this week off right! Since we are short this week I'm offering a mini-challenge. Remember Gym Class? Do you remember doing the bear walk? As a side mini-challenge you don't have to ever do the mini-challenges. But if you'd like to earn your team an extra point bearwalk for 3 minutes. Seems easy but it has to be a constant bear walk constantly moving for 3 minutes. You might be surprised! If you do the bear walk at the end of the week ask them to add one point to your team score! if you choose not too or cannot perform the mini-challenge its all good! This is just something to get our challenge up and running! So there it is FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE a Constant 3 minute Bearwalk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF8RJsjVISY

Jill - can you take a video please???? lol
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Week 1/Day 1 -

50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and 50 Globe Jumps - done
    64oz (8 glasses of water) - done
    Under calories - done
    Tabata - done (after dinner :sick:)

Good luck everyone - look forward to reading all your successes!!

:heart:
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    ****** MINI-CHALLENGE ALERT ******

O.K. Let's start this week off right! Since we are short this week I'm offering a mini-challenge. Remember Gym Class? Do you remember doing the bear walk? As a side mini-challenge you don't have to ever do the mini-challenges. But if you'd like to earn your team an extra point bearwalk for 3 minutes. Seems easy but it has to be a constant bear walk constantly moving for 3 minutes. You might be surprised! If you do the bear walk at the end of the week ask them to add one point to your team score! if you choose not too or cannot perform the mini-challenge its all good! This is just something to get our challenge up and running! So there it is FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE a Constant 3 minute Bearwalk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF8RJsjVISY

Of course I will....if YOU will!! heh, heh
  • PandaFit450
    Options

Of course I will....if YOU will!! heh, heh
    [/quote]

ROFL :laugh:
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I feel like a slacker - but I usually get my exercise in during the evening.. Promise I will be done soon :)
  • ruelman83
    ruelman83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've decided to go w/ the Pygmy exercises. I've completed 30 squat kicks and 50 jumping jacks for today, along w/ the 3 minute bear walk! (So glad it was just me and my 3 yr old home today when I did the bear walk!) It was quite a site! I've also made sure to drink more than the required 8 glasses of water today! :)
  • QueenFe
    Options
    Week 1/Day 1 -

50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and 50 Globe Jumps - done
    96oz. water - done
    Under calories - done
    Tabata - done

Oh and how could i forget I did the 3 minute bear walk...LOL My son was looking at me like I was crazy...

Oh and the extra 25 squat kicks :)
  • TunsiAmeri
    TunsiAmeri Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello Jungle Jewels-

I'm just checking in to see how everyone is doing this first day!

My days are a bit strange they start in the afternoon and go to the early morning .. so I'll be posting my final days info at the end of my day. Today I woke up and it's soooo hot that I have absolutely no desire to eat! On the plus side my water intake is fab!

The bear walk addition is very interesting, I shall be attempting it here shortly.

Everyone have a great evening and rest up for day 2!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Jungle Jewels happy Thursday!!

Week 1/Day 1 -

64oz (8 glasses of water) - done
    Under calories - done
    Oh Yea! last but not least!
    Tabata - done This will be first tomorrow!

Sorry no bear walk today!

Jules, by the time I got done doing the globe jumps I forgot to pay attention to which way I was facing when I started! Ooops!
  • littlemount
    Options
    Week 1/ Day1- 30 squat kicks/50 jumping jacks

Water- 64 ounces

under calories
    Good job everyone everyone is off to a great start
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Week 1/Day 1 - 

90oz. water - done 
    Under calories - done 
    Tabata - done 

Side note... Globe jumps and me don't like each other.. I don't really have much room for bear walk:( might give it a try in my workout room in a bit