January 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @noblsheep I just heard about the corona virus outbreak. Hope all well and it’s contained quickly. Corona iris.. coronavirus sheesh spell correct. It’s not a beer virus or a flower nor eye.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @noblsheep I just heard about the corona virus outbreak. Hope all well and it’s contained quickly. Corona iris.. coronavirus sheesh spell correct. It’s not a beer virus or a flower nor eye.

Oh... is @noblsheep anywhere near that? It sounds horrible.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Yes, @noblsheep said that the marathon might be canceled!

ETA: I do recognize that the risk to human life is more important than a running race. Hope the sickness passes quickly.
  • PastorVincent
    Options

ETA: I do recognize that the risk to human life is more important than a running race. Hope the sickness passes quickly.

Ack! See that is the problem with not being able to read every post you miss news like this. :(

The news said yesterday morning we had 5 cases here in the USA now too. Yay.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Last night I ran two miles on the indoor track at the gym, and then I did the rowing machine for a bit.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,960 Member
    Options
    @emmamcgarity Sounds like the rehab is working! Yeah!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    Glad your Mum is okay @kgirlhart

I love Egypt @marisap2010 which part are you headed for?

Great running @LoveyChar and @rheddmobile and I feel a little embarassed to be so far behind in my plan. After a rest day and then a cycle day I am expecting big things from my back today.

exercise.png
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    1-1 8k slow + resistance bands
    1-2 7k slow + yoga
    1-3 rest + resistance bands
    1-4 7k slow + yoga
    1-5 8k slow
    1-6 7k easy + resistance bands
    1-7 rest + yoga
    1-8 7k slow + resistance bands
    1-9 7k slow + yoga
    1-10 rest + resistance bands
    1-11 5k slow + yoga
    1-12 7k slow
    1-13 7k slow + resistance bands
    1-14 rest + yoga
    1-15 7k easy + resistance bands
    1-16 7k easy + yoga
    1-17 7k slow + resistance bands
    1-18 rest + yoga
    1-19 7k slow
    1-20 7k slow + resistance bands
    1-21 rest + yoga
    1-22 7k easy + resistance bands
    1-23 7k easy + yoga
    1-24 rest + resistance bands
    1-25 7k easy + yoga
    1-26 7k easy
    1-27 7k moderate + resistance bands
    1-28 rest + yoga

January Total: 140k
    January Goal: 135k

Scheduled rest day today. Weather hasn't change in 4 days: still cloudy, low 30s F, wind from the southwest with light snow.

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Ack! See that is the problem with not being able to read every post you miss news like this. :(

One is in Phoenix. And I believe at least 3 are Northern California?

ETA: Work sent out an email Monday morning with how to watch for symptoms and what to do.
  • PastorVincent
    Options

ETA: Work sent out an email Monday morning with how to watch for symptoms and what to do.

Only 2 in California if I read this right, but 5 total and one in Arizona.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/01/26/799726161/coronavirus-case-confirmed-in-arizona-bringing-u-s-total-to-5
    A fifth U.S. case of coronavirus has been confirmed, this one in Arizona's Maricopa County. A statement released on Sunday from the Arizona Department of Health Services described the patient as "a member of the Arizona State University community who does not live in university housing."
    Earlier Sunday, California officials confirmed the third and fourth cases in that state, one in Orange County and one in Los Angeles County. The first two U.S. cases, confirmed last week, involved one patient in Chicago and one in the Seattle region.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options

Only 2 in California if I read this right, but 5 total and one in Arizona.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/01/26/799726161/coronavirus-case-confirmed-in-arizona-bringing-u-s-total-to-5
    A fifth U.S. case of coronavirus has been confirmed, this one in Arizona's Maricopa County. A statement released on Sunday from the Arizona Department of Health Services described the patient as "a member of the Arizona State University community who does not live in university housing."
    Earlier Sunday, California officials confirmed the third and fourth cases in that state, one in Orange County and one in Los Angeles County. The first two U.S. cases, confirmed last week, involved one patient in Chicago and one in the Seattle region.

The two California cases are in So. Cal. None so far identified in No. Cal. Yesterday they also flew in a special flight of US evacuees from the Embassy and other locations in China, to a smaller airport here. My understanding is they were quarantined immediately. The OC case I believe is a student and was at the college as well as grocery shopping and at one of the large malls here (So Coast Plaza) after they returned but before they became sick. Now they are concerned about all the people they came in contact with in those locations.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    I want to say thank you for all of the comments, insights, and inspiration to all that have commented to me and just to those who read, hug, like, and contribute with their own experiences. I read it all, I do.

I'm looking forward to February. I'm looking forward to my marathon. I'm looking forward to after my marathon when I go back to running for FUN and FREEDOM when I ENJOYED it. That means 3 miles four or five times a week, no expectations and no goals. This has been exhausting. I'm ready, I'm excited, and I'm also ready to relax and be done. I don't ever wish time away and I am grateful to God for every opportunity in this life that he has blessed me with. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

This is very normal for the longest weeks of Marathon training. Your body IS run down. You ARE low on energy and that DOES impact everything. This is intentional. Fighting through this NOW will increase your odds of completion on race day.

This is very much a MENTAL sport. You already beat the physical, but the mental battle will plague you all the way to the finish line. Part of training is to make you confront that sooner rather than later so you can be ready on race day.

Thank you...