WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    se4ryxw6fvrk.jpeg

Using Greek Yogurt as sour cream works! Eating it with my chips y beans. On my potatoe yummy. It failed as yogurt but works as sour cream just fine! Got 2.5lbs to use up.

Amber Tx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,709 Member
    Options
    Went over and brought Alfie with me to Tom's and Homer and Alfie had there little.bit of play time and got them outside..
    I'm home and going to take a nap.. I'm just feeling really off mentally.. no suicidal thoughts or anything like that just off... I want to enjoy my DGD play..so will take a nap
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,556 Member
    Options
    yktgekwt3auh.jpg

Awesome.

Older pic of me, bit heavier then
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Machka: Sorry to hear about the spider bite. I hope it heals well and quickly. :flowerforyou:

Karen in VA: I use stevia clear in my coffee. It comes as a liquid in a glass bottle with a dropper. It is a sweetener but doesn't taste quite like sugar, in my opinion. Zero calories. I've heard that people cook with it but I haven't experimented with that. :star:

Allie: Enjoy the school play. :flowerforyou:

Pip: The stevia bottle says it contains, "purified water, organic stevia leaf extract, natural flavors & quillia extract." I buy it at Fred Meyers. One bottle lasts a very long time. I've never had any negative experiences with it. :smiley:

NYKaren: Thank goodness you don't have carpal tunnel or nerve damage. :heart:

My word program just had a meltdown due to the computer using up all its battery power. The computer is charging. I hope I get my word program back when all is said and done. Please send good thoughts my way.

Katla in "beautifully moist" NW Oregon.

• Katla49
    Options
    So far I still have a glitch in my word document. Advice welcome. The problem is microsoft word. They want me to buy an uograde. cha ching
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I was really relieved to see the same guy that poked me in October! With all my scarring from years of donating platelets, they have to go thru that to find my vein. Its a matter of knowing what they're doing and trusting what I tell them. For each phlebotomist I have to tell them where to start the stick, to go slowly thru the scarring, and just slip it in. If they jab it can miss the noodlely vein entirely. I tell them if they don't feel confident, then find someone that is. When I gave blood in Oregon coast at the Lion's Club, a couple of times I had phlebotomists that gave me to someone else. Maybe they thought I was too difficult to work with, but I know my vein.😁
    Last night I put on my whiny face and husband went and got me a messy burger and milk shake. I know, I know! But after the donation I am so hungry, my lunch sandwich just didn't cut it. Anywhoooo, I slept hard, and this morning I passed on exercise. Just lying low. On an interesting side, I lost a wee bit from yesterday to today! Hard way to lose it though eh?

Got another video of Athena crawling! Anyone that is my Facebook friend, hit me up and I will show ya.💖.
    💖Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Options
    It appears that Microsoft has finished updating my word program. I didn’t buy an upgrade and it appears that what they did to my Word document didn't cost money or problems so far. :flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    Barbie - Oh, I love a ferry. Makes a journey special. :D Thanks for the pic. I hope it all goes smoothly and you can enjoy just being in the moment. And thinking about how very lucky we are to have modern medicine. I, for one, would have died at 29 without it, died again at 58, and been very, very unwell, at 48, if not dead. :o<3 to you and Jake.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,556 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: Sorry to hear about the spider bite. I hope it heals well and quickly. :flowerforyou:

Karen in VA: I use stevia clear in my coffee. It comes as a liquid in a glass bottle with a dropper. It is a sweetener but doesn't taste quite like sugar, in my opinion. Zero calories. I've heard that people cook with it but I haven't experimented with that. :star:

Allie: Enjoy the school play. :flowerforyou:

Pip: The stevia bottle says it contains, "purified water, organic stevia leaf extract, natural flavors & quillia extract." I buy it at Fred Meyers. One bottle lasts a very long time. I've never had any negative experiences with it. :smiley:

NYKaren: Thank goodness you don't have carpal tunnel or nerve damage. :heart:

My word program just had a meltdown due to the computer using up all its battery power. The computer is charging. I hope I get my word program back when all is said and done. Please send good thoughts my way.

Katla in "beautifully moist" NW Oregon.

Uhhhh I never mentioned stevia
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,048 Member
    Options
    I'm putting Henna on my hair roots today.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    Did Denise Austin’s Quick Burn DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to take the water class.

Rori – please get better fast. Sending virtual tea and honey. Congrats to your DB. I hope he takes advantage of his benefits, too.

M – we have three (or maybe 4) of those same rugs. Would the dust mites be in only one of them? The only time the 3 or 4 rugs come out is at Christmas time. I like rooibos tea, too. Was the picture taken before or after you took the antihistamine? What happens when you eat fatty foods? If something has a lot of fat in it, my stomach starts to say “ahhh…I don’t think so”

Karaen VA and anyone who makes yogurt in the IP – what kind of starter do you use?

Lisa AR – you sound a lot like my husband. He is quite sensitive to any spice etc. But alcohol doesn’t taste bad to him….lol

Question and I think I know the answer: a gal sent me a DVD. Now whenever I send a DVD by media mail, the cost is usually a bit less than $3. She said it cost $4.88. Now I’m going to the post office today for something else so I thought I’d bring the DVD in the envelope with me and see just how much it would cost. Vince thinks she added her travel to the post office and her cost of the envelope. One part of me says to just send her an Amazon gift card for the cost of the postage ($3), but the other part of me says to just send her a card for the $4.88 and just never again buy from her. It’s not like the DVD is brand new. What would you do? Update: at the post office they said it should be $2.80

Went and took our forms to get an absentee ballot. They said we should receive it by Thursday

NYKaren – yea for no carpal tunnel. Best thoughts for the MRI. When do you go for it?

Vince is taking the Outlook to the shop to see about the alternator. He’s thinking that we’re going to have to get it replaced. He wants to get it taken care of before we go to FL. I have to leave in a few to pick him up. Then we go to the post office, the bank, see about the absentee ballots, I want to take some drugs to the place in the sheriff’s office where you can recycle drugs rather than putting them down the drain. I have a few and just want to get them out of the house.

Drinking – I’m not a drinker, maybe wine at Christmas and that’s it. I believe this has to do with the fact that my father owned a bar and all my life I would have the smell of beer so that really turned me off. Also, my mother would drink (especially as she got sicker) and my young brain probably associated the drinking with death. I’m sure that’s the reason I don’t smoke. She smoked and my young brain associated smoking with death. Maybe the reason why I would never smoke but will drink a little is because she smoked more than she drank.

Speaking of veins – I still feel that IV from the colonoscopy. Vince said that it will probably take a few weeks to heal and he was right! I swear she stuck me three times.

Barbie – hoping Jake’s appointment goes well.

Awesome ice sculptures

Most of the christmas decorations are down. Now to take them to the garage for storage. Still need to take down the main tree, but otherwise, all is down. Vacuumed the downstairs. Will hold off on the upstairs until we take down the tree.

Michele NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Michele Every 3rd or 4th batch of yogurt I use either Stonyfield or Fage Whole Milk Yogurt for a starter. The rest of the time I use a couple of tablespoons of my homemade yogurt as a starter.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Carol (((Hugs))) I probably will keep on owning pets. I totally understand why losing a beloved pet like your sweet Pom might make you decide not to, though. It's so painful.

Karen in Virginia
  • Katla49
    Options
    Amber: Your plate looks delicious. :star:

Barbie: I love the Washington state ferries. It has been a long time since I’ve had the treat of riding one. I think that leaving your car at the ferry terminal where you catch the ferry makes good sense, and so does taking a cab to the Jake’s doctor in Seattle. I hope his doctor is pleased with how well Jake is doing. :heart: :star::heart:

Pip: You are fit and gorgeous. Sorry about the goofy comment. :embarassed: Can I blame it on the glitch in my word document? I’ve got that fixed now that Microsoft finished updating my word program. :star:

Michele: Our Christmas decorations are down but some are still stacked in the garage. Many of the boxes are up in the attic where they belong, but we have a carpentry project that needs to be done to strengthen a portion of the floor before we take the rest of the decorations up the ladder. :ohwell:

Today was DH’s chair yoga class but he didn’t feel well enough to go. His hip is bothering him. He takes the medications he’s been prescribed, but I wonder if he would benefit by upping the does or changing the timing.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    Karen - Aaaahhhhh! <3<3<3 I miss having a baby to cuddle. No chance of another one until the grandchildren start reproducing. I'll probably be long gone by then. Nothing like a small baby.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx