WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Question and I think I know the answer: a gal sent me a DVD. Now whenever I send a DVD by media mail, the cost is usually a bit less than $3. She said it cost $4.88. Now I’m going to the post office today for something else so I thought I’d bring the DVD in the envelope with me and see just how much it would cost. Vince thinks she added her travel to the post office and her cost of the envelope. One part of me says to just send her an Amazon gift card for the cost of the postage ($3), but the other part of me says to just send her a card for the $4.88 and just never again buy from her. It’s not like the DVD is brand new. What would you do? Update: at the post office they said it should be $2.80

Michele NC

Maybe she forgot to send it media mail? I would just pay her what she is expecting. You don't have to buy from her again, if you don't want to.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,867 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – we have three (or maybe 4) of those same rugs. Would the dust mites be in only one of them? The only time the 3 or 4 rugs come out is at Christmas time. I like rooibos tea, too. Was the picture taken before or after you took the antihistamine? What happens when you eat fatty foods? If something has a lot of fat in it, my stomach starts to say “ahhh…I don’t think so”

Michele NC

One rug might have more than the others. If the others got sunshine during the day, that might kill off some of the dust mites.

The picture of my arm was after a couple different antihistamines and my strongest anti-inflammatory. I'm going to the Dr shortly because it is bigger, all blistered and driving me insane with itchiness.

Fatty foods start tasting like pure lard (even if they are flavoured) and my stomach starts to feel queasy.

I was hoping to take down my Christmas decorations last night, but could hardly move my right arm.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Heather - When my husband was still drinking the hard stuff, I would pour him a Scotch, and just the sniff of Scotch whiskey to me smells like gasoline in a glass. My husband told me it smells like apple juice to him. The few sips I ever had many years ago were nauseating. Now that my husband is off the hard stuff and only drinking beer, he gravitates to the IPAs, the bitter, skunky-smelling beer, and the more bitter the better. You can imagine my joy. :wink: The biggest blessing about my aversion to alcohol is that I do have an addictive personality, so there's a fair bet, had I liked alcohol, I'd be dead already.

Machka - That bite looks horribly painful. I'm the same way with the lime/lemon/grapefuit sodas. Only want them when I have a cold, to cut through the throat nastiness I guess.

Eek, I'm late for work!
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Skunky smelling is probably a good description. Beers smell like urine with a hint of ammonia to me ... not particularly attractive!

And yes whisky smells like gasoline too!

Machka in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,044 Member
    Options
    Did my dumbbells! Yay!
    Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Amber: Your plate looks delicious. :star:

Barbie: I love the Washington state ferries. It has been a long time since I’ve had the treat of riding one. I think that leaving your car at the ferry terminal where you catch the ferry makes good sense, and so does taking a cab to the Jake’s doctor in Seattle. I hope his doctor is pleased with how well Jake is doing. :heart: :star::heart:

Pip: You are fit and gorgeous. Sorry about the goofy comment. :embarassed: Can I blame it on the glitch in my word document? I’ve got that fixed now that Microsoft finished updating my word program. :star:

Michele: Our Christmas decorations are down but some are still stacked in the garage. Many of the boxes are up in the attic where they belong, but we have a carpentry project that needs to be done to strengthen a portion of the floor before we take the rest of the decorations up the ladder. :ohwell:

Today was DH’s chair yoga class but he didn’t feel well enough to go. His hip is bothering him. He takes the medications he’s been prescribed, but I wonder if he would benefit by upping the does or changing the
    Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

I forgive you, especially after that compliment :0)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    :) We are safely home from Seattle. Ferry rides were delightful. I usually walk the whole time we're on the ferry but Jake seemed a bit fragile so I sat with him instead of walking. My husband is happy and my step count is lower than it could have been. The doctor said that Jake was doing fine and will see him again in August. I was so grateful that we weren't doing our own driving in Seattle that I gave both cab drivers big tips.

:)Michele, I would just pay the woman what she asks and not order from her again.

:) There are still holiday lights shining on two houses in my neighborhood.

:'( Tomorrow I go to the dentist.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    So I have been asked by two people what I would do for my birthday if I could do anything.....sad part is....I can't really think of anything. Then youngest says, adult only or with grands. This weekend as we all work and they are out of town next weekend. I know that for my 60th I am planning on being in the Philippines with my long time girlfriends, but that is 3 years away. Saving money now. Maybe the museum in Cincinnati. Was thinking of things my husband wont do with me but there really isn't much on in the movie theaters. The dinner theater is $68 a person! The theaters dont have anything going on. We could just go get our nails done and have lunch....Man, I dont like questions like that. My days revolve around work and helping husband. If it was spring/summer trail walking. Ideas? Cold here in Ohio....

Kylia
  • kymarai
    Options
    Barbie, the ferries sound wonderful!

Pets- They do break our hearts when they cross over. We have buried several. I am just not sure when we will get more. I know it wont be before Sara passes. I dont need 2 dogs puddling in house. After our vacation fiasco last year, it just seems life would be easier to not have any. Time will tell.

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Barbara in Southern Oregon -got a laugh out of your “Lutheran requirement.” We do have a few of those, don’t we?

Machka I have had similar reactions to spider bites. Fortunately, they are not as plentiful here and they seem to be in your area.

NYKaren- I have had two herniated cervical discs (both have been fused). I had hand/finger pain with them. Not the worst thing you can have. Also possible that therapy can help.

Barbie in NW Washington-glad Jake’s checkup went well. The ferry ride sounds really nice. Have fun at the dentist-not my favorite thing to do.

Today went well. Didn't get finished what I wanted to at work but got some other things done that needed done. So it balances out.

No gym tonight-came home, had dinner and started on organizing one closet. Hoping if I spend some consecutive shorter time periods on each of them (one at a time) it won't be quite as overwhelming. My main problem is I have far more clothes than I need. Working on that one clean out at a time.

People at work continuing to get the stuff that is going around. Felt a bit off for awhile today. Going to bed early. I have fought it off thus far this winter and would really like to avoid it. Taking some Lysol wipes in the office tomorrow and wiping down desk and table people sit at in my office. Handwashing like crazy.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

back to under a 10min mi. finally

bike ride hm 2 gym, wind n sprinkles- 9.09min, 135mhr, 10.4amph, 1.59mi= 63c
    apple watch- 64c
    ROWING MACHINE- 10min, 68aw, 119ahr, 140mhr, 1758meters or 1.09mi= 77c
    apple watch- 96c
    arm ski machine- 10min, 52aw, 124ahr, 139mhr, 1610meters or 1mi= 88c
    apple watch- 101c
    floor exercises- 2sets of 10ea, 6 diff exercises, 110ahr, 141mhr= 31c
    apple watch- 43c
    bike ride gym 2 dome, rain- 6.36min, 135mhr, 13.8amph, 1.52mi= 55c
    apple watch- 59c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station, rain n wind- 17.26min, 145mhr, 10.4amph, 3.03mi= 152c
    apple watch- 112c
    jog sta 2 wrk, rain- 5.21min, 9.26min mi, 154mhr, .56mi= 70c
    apple watch- 64c
    jog wrk 2 sta, rain- - 4.35min, 9.50min mi, 153mhr, .46mi= 57c
    apple watch- 59c
    bike ride dome 2 hm, rain-- 20.36min, 7.5amph, 152mhr, 2.58mi= =189c
    apple watch- 148c

total cal 782
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    :)Kylia, I have no answers about what I would do if I could do anything for my birthday. I feel like my life is perfect exactly the way it is. I prefer no special acknowledgement of my birthday. Fortunately, I don't have friends and family who want to celebrate my birthday.

:)NYKaren, It took over a year to diagnose the leg pain I had that turned out to be spinal stenosis. I went through many tests and ruled out a zillion scary ailments. When I finally found a solution, I was delighted but the process seemed endless.

:)Ginny, congrats on starting on your closet. You will thank yourself for this effort and the results will be worth it.

I hate the dentist, but I love my teeth so I go bravely three times a year for a thorough cleaning.

<3 Barbie from NW WA
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka Ugh. Sorry about your hand. Ice & antihistamine. :s

Karen in Virginia

I've been using anti-inflammatories too.

w36ik304g54w.png

M in Oz

It was worse this morning, so I went to my Dr and am now on super strong antihistamines.

She figures it is indeed an insect or arachnid bite.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    So I have been asked by two people what I would do for my birthday if I could do anything.....sad part is....I can't really think of anything. Then youngest says, adult only or with grands. This weekend as we all work and they are out of town next weekend. I know that for my 60th I am planning on being in the Philippines with my long time girlfriends, but that is 3 years away. Saving money now. Maybe the museum in Cincinnati. Was thinking of things my husband wont do with me but there really isn't much on in the movie theaters. The dinner theater is $68 a person! The theaters dont have anything going on. We could just go get our nails done and have lunch....Man, I dont like questions like that. My days revolve around work and helping husband. If it was spring/summer trail walking. Ideas? Cold here in Ohio....

Kylia

I usually celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, etc. etc. by cycling. :) Or sometimes hiking.

I don't know what the road conditions are like, so cycling might not be the most pleasant option right now.

In that case, I might go with ...

-- a day (or morning or afternoon) at the gym taking in a couple classes and maybe a personal trainer session.
    -- a 1-hour massage.
    -- maybe doing something different like trying rock climbing or taking a dance class.
    -- going on a walking tour.

Happy Birthday!

Machka in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Lisa - I am very much like you when it comes to food. I am a very particular eater and it drives those around me insane.

Machka - that super taster thing sounds just like me. I don’t like any spicy or sour food. I can take or leave sweet but not too sweet, I generally don’t eat frosting or chocolate. I love salty, I’ll eat all the potato chips you give me!

In the same for alcohol too, the only think I’ll drink is vodka with sprit and cranberry once in a while.

Michele - is there state taxes on stamps that would make it higher in one area to the other? I know if makes a difference in Canada.

As for you cough and rugs, didn’t you say the cough was worse earlier, if that’s the case and you had 4 in the house and only put the last one away yesterday maybe you were allergic to all of them.

Rebecca - I love your envelopes so pretty and cheerful.

Machka - hope the meds helps fast, that looks so painful.

I can’t believe it’s only Tuesday, it’s been long days at work already this week. Learned today that my boss is going away for two weeks in March. That can’t come soon enough.

I went to the dentist after work tonight and had two fillings. I didn’t plan for properly and am currently waiting for the freezing to leave so I can please my belly. I had a small lunch not thinking.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • kymarai
    Options
    Machka- thank you for the ideas. I will check a couple out. I hope the meds from doctor help.

Barbie- I don't do parties for my birthday. I am content with dinner with my family. My girls understand this and had to fight hard to get others to understand that when I turned 55. We will do something fun.

Husband's birthday is tomorrow, Wednesday . The local kids are coming over with pizza and cake after work. I ordered him some pancake mix he likes from Pigeon Forge. He kept asking when I was ordering more. Nothing fancy.

Tracey- I feel you! This has been the longest 2 days of work! It doesn't help that we have been slow. Like NO customers from 1-530 today. Ugh! I have been cleaning shelves, walls, and equipment. I hope your belly is happy now.

😍😴
    Kylia sleepy in Dayton, Ohio
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: I’m happy that Jake’s doctor said he is doing fine and wants to see Jake in August. That sounds like excellent news. I envy your ferry rides. :smiley:

Mtruitt01: I like your gratitudes--a hot shower, hot coffee, a safe roof over your head, a car that runs well & has gasoline. Things like this are at the core of a good life. :star:

(((Machka))): That looks like a spider bite to me. I hope anti-inflammatories are effective & you heal quickly. :heart:

I’ve run errands today. Did some grocery shopping and took correspondence to the post office. DH isn’t feeling well, and that is a worry. I’ve been re-reading books from my own shelf. I’ve read these books before but it has been a couple of years ago and they seem fresh again.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Katla - Sorry to hear your DH isn't feeling well. <3 It's hard to be happy when they are off colour. Mine is making a valiant effort to be cheerful, but his back is still bothering him and he worries about it. I hope he will be ok at dancing tonight. If he doesn't want to go I will go by myself, but I would love him to come. To my surprise he is loving the singing! A lot of it is down to the brilliance of the teacher. As teachers ourselves, it is something we appreciate. Your chair yoga sounds similar.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx