HOW DO YOU NOTE SAUNA TIME

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Ah, the olden days. So fun!
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,427 Member
    Pebble321 wrote: »
    Thing is if using the sauna helps you to feel good it will actually help you stick to your program.

I have been using a few sessions on a sun bed for the same reason, it makes me relax and feel good so I am less likely to stress eat.

Good luck!

to be honest, I always thought it made you lose weight too :)

Oh, can't you go back to the sauna? Melanoma is not a pretty way to die.

You don't stress eat when dead.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and risk a few "disagrees" to recommend the Sugar Busters eating style. You can get the book used cheap on Amazon. It was written by three doctors. One's an endocrinologist and I forget the other two because I'm at work and the book is at home. This basically involves avoiding sugars, simple carbs and foods that are considerably refined/processed. The basic idea of creating this diet was to help people lose weight and deal with high blood sugar at the same time. You would be eating fruits and vegetables with lots of fiber (no need for them all to be raw or anything like that), lean meats/other proteins, healthy fats in moderation, and whole grains. You would not be eating/drinking anything with added sugars, made with processed white flour, TV dinners, meals from a box, fast food, and stuff like that. Some people might find it too drastic of a change, but if your health or your job (or both) are on the line, then this might be the ticket for you. I do this because I'm diabetic and I don't run around feeling starving or skipping meals or anything like that. It has not made me sluggish and all nutritional requirements are being satisfied.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member

I missed this time. Wasn't here then. Sigh
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member

I missed this time. Wasn't here then. Sigh
    This place is so tame now by comparison. This thread wouldn't even break the top 10 for the week back then.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »
    So many other message boards lock threads after a certain period of inactivity. Oh if only that could happen here.

Yeah, I don't know why they don't do that...seems like it would be pretty easy.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    giphy.gif

Back in the day when this thread was posted (ahem, @gothchiq ) people just piled on. There weren't even "like" buttons, so all the reactions in the early pages of this thread happened since it was bumped this last time. :lol:

• gothchiq
    Ah well. Someone might still benefit from sugar busters.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,470 Member
    patter10 wrote: »
    I've always been told that you should use the sauna to cut weight.

Saunas are useful when doing a water cut to make weight, as in for a sport with weight classes. A serious water cut can see you drop up to 10% of your bodyweight for a weigh-in, but then you intentionally "regain" every ounce of that, if not more, before you actually compete (less than 24 hours later). It's not to get rid of fat, just to dehydrate yourself for a very temporary lower number on the scale.

• gothchiq
    Saunas make me feel so lethargic. :(
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and risk a few "disagrees" to recommend the Sugar Busters eating style. You can get the book used cheap on Amazon. It was written by three doctors. One's an endocrinologist and I forget the other two because I'm at work and the book is at home. This basically involves avoiding sugars, simple carbs and foods that are considerably refined/processed. The basic idea of creating this diet was to help people lose weight and deal with high blood sugar at the same time. You would be eating fruits and vegetables with lots of fiber (no need for them all to be raw or anything like that), lean meats/other proteins, healthy fats in moderation, and whole grains. You would not be eating/drinking anything with added sugars, made with processed white flour, TV dinners, meals from a box, fast food, and stuff like that. Some people might find it too drastic of a change, but if your health or your job (or both) are on the line, then this might be the ticket for you. I do this because I'm diabetic and I don't run around feeling starving or skipping meals or anything like that. It has not made me sluggish and all nutritional requirements are being satisfied.

So, don't eat sugar while in the sauna??

No. It makes a sticky mess.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member

What about the steam room? Surely the extra moisture from the steam will help you wash it off.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited January 2020

Plus someone might spill it on my iPhone.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member

In a really hot sauna the sugar will melt and you'll be covered in syrup and draw ants. So, no, don't eat sugar while in the sauna. :smile: