Unexpected

Options
12345679»

Replies

• AnathemaRose
    Options
    1. I've moved so many times in my life and have almost been homeless a few of those times. In fact, was only saved because a family member decided to let us stay with them.

2. That I can talk for hours if allowed to. (I seem so shy and quiet!)

3. That I can run very fast and for a long while without being winded (Most people assume that since I'm overweight, that running will make me lose my breath and that they can outrun me)

4. I don't watch TV. Haven't really watched TV since. . .I was 9. (Just thought this was interesting to add xD)
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    Options
    I enjoyed reading some of these - definitely surprised by some.
    I'll contribute just a few:
    -I'm bilingual
    -I've vacationed/visited 8 countries covering 3 continents
    -I played chess for my university. Nowadays I don't so much, but I still enjoy a game of blitz every now and then
  • KimmyCobberson
    Options
    I have an issue talking to men, I either get really shy or start talking and say something completely stupid or arrogant. Its actually really annoying to me, and I have never told anyone about my "little problem"
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I am a writer.
    I am also an artist, pencil, some paint, and charcoal, to computer generated stuff.
    I've built every computer I've owned for the last 13 years.
    I've a wall full of SciFi/Fantasy books I've read easily twelve times each.
    I grew up on a 192k acre cattle ranch.
    I studied JSA for two years. JSA = Japanese Sword Arts. Yep, just call me American Samurai.
    I'm a professional bladesmith (yes, I make knives, swords, and other bladed tools with a hammer and fire).
    Bladesmithing is what got me interested in JSA. I forged my own first katana.
    I regularly find old cars (ok...not cars, the ultimate car...Mustangs) to rebuild and make into stupid fast street cars, and owned my own racing engine company in Phoenix (Pete Anderson Racing).

No, I'm not usually in the mood to bite someone. Why do people always think this?

More as I think of them.
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I loooooooooooove pit bulls.

I'm a vegetarian

I write murder mysteries from the POV of a 30-something year old man. (Unpublished)

I was in special ED, but then I got out and took AP classes and passed all of exams, but one with 3's and a 4.

I really do try to get all the cat hair off of my dark clothes.
  • Sheeshy
    Sheeshy Posts: 133
    Options
    I have a horrible temper. I hold it in pretty well, and it takes a LOT of crap over a long period of time to set me off, so people are surprised when I tell them this. Thankfully, they usually don't get to see it.

I was absolutely terrified of water as a child. Then one year, I came very close to drowning in a river. I was 7 and someone was there to pull me out of the water, someone I don't know, but am still very thankful to. I still vividly remember the feeling of being pulled down by the undertow, swimming as hard as I could and not being able to get to the top. I even remember looking up through the water and how the sky looked. People don't know this because soon after that incident, I became a strong swimmer. I learned to swim and came to love it. It's the highlight of every summer for me still, and I'm 28.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    When I was 13 (or maybe 12, I can't remember now), I had the fastest time in Canada in my age category for the 100 IM (swimming event for those of you not familiar lol).

I was in ballet, tap, and jazz for 8 years as a kid, and was better than half the kids in my class who also danced competitively (exam results proved this).

I used to listen to scremo and anything that wasn't "mainstream," now I listen mostly to techno/trance and top 40. Past me would be ashamed :tongue:
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I look younger than I actually am
    I have been brought up by 6 different families through out my life - I'm adopted.
    I have a Diploma In Business Studies
    I love watching Sci Fi Programmes
    I have watched all the Horror Movies (very gory ones) when they were banned - I used to sell them! That was before they were released on TV too...
    I am a Head Chocolatier and produce exquisite chocolates!
    I love all music - I used to be a rock chick and dance 3 hours solid. I also liked Ska, Punk and Indie Music.
    I used to go out clubbin on a FIVER - no joke. A Pint of Cider lasts me all night! Too busy dancing...hahaha.
    My favourite book is called Ferney - about reincarnation through a number of generations involving a couple.
    I strongly believe I lived through the nineteenth century.
    I love Torchwood, V and Doctor Who.
    I enjoy watching period drama's on TV.
    I used to follow the Christian faith and teach at Sunday School - still believe but don't practice.

I hate confrontation - I don't believe in arguing - solves nothing! Makes things worse.....grumpy is better, followed by heart to heart and a good XXXX !!!

I find it hard to relax sometimes, (busy lifestyle) - but when I do - I'm a little devil !
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I was a "natural" when I learned to fire a handgun.
    Thats how i felt the first time i masturbated......a "natural"
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I was a "natural" when I learned to fire a handgun.
    Thats how i felt the first time i masturbated......a "natural"
    That's..................great.
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I like a bit of black metal/death metal although mainly for the music, not the lyrics/growling vocals.

I am a photographer and have my own small business.

I have 2 kids.

I've played in a few bands.

I wrote and recorded a song for my Dad.

I can speak Spanish pretty well.

I've been playing guitar for about 15 years (not straight, I've stopped here and again to eat and stuff).

Starting to learn drums when my 2.5 year old daughter lets me use the electronic drum kit I was bought for MY 30th birthday a few months ago, not your birthday Ava. Mine. Get off please. No, Daddy doesn't want to play So What by Pink on Rock Band. Daddy wants to play Them Crooked Vultures or Thrice or something that doesn't lower the street cred in my head. /EndRant.
  • MelanieOnTheRun
    Options
    i can fit my fist in my mouth =)
  • ai965
    ai965 Posts: 118
    Options
    I was the girl in school with a 4.0 GPA in advanced classes that happened to curse like a sailor :)
  • Aj1214
    Aj1214 Posts: 120
    Options
    I can recycle alcohol with impunity.
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    - I'm smarter than I look
    - earlier tonight I proved the theory of evolution to be wrong
    - I once caught 2 burglars
    - I know the secrets of the fire swamp
  • Oliverseanj
    Oliverseanj Posts: 27 Member
    Options

most people are surprised when they find out i have a crazy ex girlfriend

how could they you tell EVERYONE you know

first off, was that even necessary?

second off, i said when they FIND out. so. unless they have an uncanny psychic ability that i'm unaware of, there's no way they were aware of this before i told them..and of ALL the things that i share with most people on that list i love that this is the one you decide to isolate. so. stop being an *kitten*. and i'll see you when i get home you douche.

just saying your "within the first hour of meeting someone" conversations go like

1. hi.
    2. i'm bi and have a crazy ex girlfriend
    3. did you hear me i'm bi and have a crazy ex girlfriend
    4. i like chocolate..

lol...theres no warm up to the incredibly personal details with you..you'll tell anyone who's around to listen so i can't imagine people would be too surprised because they've probably over heard it the 100,000 other times you've told random people if you look closely you've mentioned it around 20-30 times randomly on these message boards alone. lol...s'all i'm saying.