Team Jungle Jewels (Sept Tribal Challenge) - Week 1 (CLOSED

Options

Replies

• jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    3 minutes walking like a bear, or the technical term "bear walk" DONE!
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    HI everyone,

I am on Pacific Time Zone so I am just getting ready to head to Derby Practice. intense 2 hr workout... but I have already done 50 squat kicks and 50 pushups, for this week I am going to stick with the PYGMY SERIES then I will decide next week if I want to go advanced.

I was able to do the 4 min tabata first and that was great! except two things, first of all I am not able to bring my arm up with a dumbell unless I went to my knees, and second I couldnt do the twists while holding the dumbell with my feet off the ground. I tried ;) maybe tomorrow, I wont give up.

I am already at more than 64oz of water... water is my friend. I will probably drink another 64 before the night is over due to derby practice. I am sure i will stay under my calorie goal as I have been for more than 6 weeks straight.

Today I weighed in at 214.4 that is my official starting weight for the month
    I would love to lose 10-12lbs this month!!!! YAY let's do this!
  • suse75
    Options
    Got my water today and UNDER my goal, not the post exercise goal MFP puts up...no bear walk but I did do 60minthe of Zumba
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Week 1/Day 1 -

50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and 50 Globe Jumps - done
    64oz (8 glasses of water) - done
    Under calories - done
    Tabata - done (after dinner :sick:)

Good luck everyone - look forward to reading all your successes!!

:heart:

You're such a studdette!!!
  • trimom63
    Options
    Got my water today and UNDER my goal, not the post exercise goal MFP puts up...no bear walk but I did do 60minthe of Zumba

Whenever they don't have something, I just pick something that looks even remotely like it might have a similar effect...even though you're under in cals anyway, I know *I* get so motivated knowing everything I did!! Pat yourself on the back for a job well done!
  • trimom63
    Options
    HI everyone,

I am on Pacific Time Zone so I am just getting ready to head to Derby Practice. intense 2 hr workout... but I have already done 50 squat kicks and 50 pushups, for this week I am going to stick with the PYGMY SERIES then I will decide next week if I want to go advanced.

I was able to do the 4 min tabata first and that was great! except two things, first of all I am not able to bring my arm up with a dumbell unless I went to my knees, and second I couldnt do the twists while holding the dumbell with my feet off the ground. I tried ;) maybe tomorrow, I wont give up.

I am already at more than 64oz of water... water is my friend. I will probably drink another 64 before the night is over due to derby practice. I am sure i will stay under my calorie goal as I have been for more than 6 weeks straight.

Today I weighed in at 214.4 that is my official starting weight for the month
    I would love to lose 10-12lbs this month!!!! YAY let's do this!

Fantastic, Crystal!! That's awesome that you are getting our required exercises in too....as far as having a hard time with certain things, just modify them as you need to. I can't do globe jumps...they destroy my knees, so I modify them into just squats without the jumps! Whatever you can do counts!! Great job!
  • trimom63
    Options
    Ok...here's MY day!!

Water - WAY over
    Calories - WAY under...only for now!

Tabata...done before my Leslie Sansone walk
    Bear Walk...3 minutes...also done before LS walk
    LS walk
    50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers,
    50 Wood Chops and 50 Modified Globe Jumps - DONE

I'm so proud of everyone...you're really stepping up to the challenge on Day 1!! You might say "big deal" to day one, but, let me tell you....we had people on our team last month that didn't even do DAY 1!! You all rock!!
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

What a fabulous first day!! You are SUPERSTARS!!!
    Jill and I were impressed with your dedication towards the tasks and a HUGE thank you to those of you who embraced the 3-min bear walk! If you still haven't done it, no worries you have till Sunday!!
    I had a huge smile logging all your successes into the spreadsheet this morning :bigsmile:

One small moan though - 2 people haven't reported into the forum as yet!! You HAVE to report in otherwise your exercises/challenges wil not count for that day - and the whole team will fail :cry: I hope to see those 2 posts asap please.

Ok, so moving on to Day 2 -

Today's Exercise Challenges are -

PYGMY SERIES - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights

OR

BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced) – 4 min Tabata, 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted).

You ALSO need to drink at least 64oz (8 glasses of water), stay under calories AND report it in the team's forum!!

Todays music - Heather Small's - What Have You Done Today..... (my all time favourite motivational sone & I have this playing when I cross the finishing line to all my runs!!)

Today's motivartional tip - "Know your limits .... but never stop trying to exceed them!"

Good luck team – let's dazzle!!

• TunsiAmeri
    TunsiAmeri Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Alrighty my Day 1 has come to and end!

Water 14 glasses
    Calories - For sure, really wasn't very hungry and had to force myself over the 1,200 calories.

Regular workout- completed!

Tabata completed!

Bear Walk- 3 minutes completed (what a pain in the bootie!)

100 Squat Kicks, 100Jumping Jacks , 100 Crunches, 100Mountain Climbers,
    100 Wood Chops and 100 Globe Jumps and an added 50 flights of stairs climbed .. I would've done 100 to be consistent but I'll save that for another day!

And that is a wrap ... everyone have an amazing Day 2!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Pygmy Tribal Week 1/Day 1
    96oz H2O and under Cal goal
    50 Jumping Jacks 1 min
    50 Squat Kicks 2 min
    Tabata (x2) 8 min
    Bear Walk 2 min
    Swimming 30 min Breaststroke
    Total 43 minutes
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Thanks Sarah & Monica :happy:

TEAM JUNGLE JEWELS ROCKED DAY 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE AWESOME !!

:wink:
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

What a fabulous first day!! You are SUPERSTARS!!!
    Jill and I were impressed with your dedication towards the tasks and a HUGE thank you to those of you who embraced the 3-min bear walk! If you still haven't done it, no worries you have till Sunday!!
    I had a huge smile logging all your successes into the spreadsheet this morning :bigsmile:

One small moan though - 2 people haven't reported into the forum as yet!! You HAVE to report in otherwise your exercises/challenges wil not count for that day - and the whole team will fail :cry: I hope to see those 2 posts asap please.

Ok, so moving on to Day 2 -

Today's Exercise Challenges are -

PYGMY SERIES - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights

OR

BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced) – 4 min Tabata, 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted).

You ALSO need to drink at least 64oz (8 glasses of water), stay under calories AND report it in the team's forum!!

Todays music - Heather Small's - What Have You Done Today..... (my all time favourite motivational sone & I have this playing when I cross the finishing line to all my runs!!)

Today's motivartional tip - "Know your limits .... but never stop trying to exceed them!"

Good luck team – let's dazzle!!

Apologies Jules and Jewels, I meant to post it and got caught up with a chat until 2 am.. lol... I'll be better in the future! :happy:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    If you need more incentive -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/333509-august-team-challenge-results

WOW!! Just imagine what September's going to bring??
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    I'm goin' BUSHMAN today... but what are 21's? are they the Biceps Curls? just want to make sure

time to pull out my exercise ball :)
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    I'm goin' BUSHMAN today... but what are 21's? are they the Biceps Curls? just want to make sure

time to pull out my exercise ball :)

21's video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8

Have fun xx
  • QueenFe
    QueenFe Posts: 81 Member
    Options

That is AWESOME!!!! Makes me want to drop and do 50 pushups... :smile:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    From Gary -

PLEASE bookmark Gary's new blog for our MFP Challenges!!! He has done a Fabulous job putting it together for us!!!

Exercise videos - http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/

Hugs
  • PandaFit450
    Options

That is AWESOME!!!! Makes me want to drop and do 50 pushups... :smile:

LOVE IT!! :wink:
  • QueenFe
    QueenFe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    From Gary -

PLEASE bookmark Gary's new blog for our MFP Challenges!!! He has done a Fabulous job putting it together for us!!!

Exercise videos - http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/

Hugs

Thanks this is VERY helpful!!! OMG:noway: Is that what we're going to be doing for week 2??? Killer!!! I see why this is a success if you follow it and push yourself.

I also noticed with the globe jumps he says that (each jump for us counts as one) Well yesterday I thought 4 jumps =1... boy did I struggle with those...LOL so this is good news!!!
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Week 1 - Day 2

4 min Tabata, 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted) - done
    64oz water - done ++
    Under cals - done
    3 min bear walk - done (despite the dog trying to stop me!!)

Good luck Team - look forward to reading your posts soon

hugs xx