Replies

• stefnicole
    Options
    I'm in for this round! I planned on starting last week then I got a cold :(

I'm ready!
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Checking in, I'm a late night shredder, just finished it. Technically, it's actually Day 3 Level 1 for me, but I also plan on doing the whole month of September. Got my measurements and before pics in as well. I'm following Anita for the time being, she's seems more reasonable than what Jillian seems to be talking about :noway: at least for now ....I'm sure it'll get better.

Another question, are we breaking up each level into 10 day increments...or is it pretty much freestyle?
  • lani83
    Options
    Day 1, Level 1 done last night...Only 29 days to go! Got measurements, just need pics and all sorted! Bring on the change:happy:
  • kathunni
    Options
    I will! I am on day 5 though, its amazing the endurance you get from doing a few days! took some before photos... can wait to see them again after 1o days!
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Started L1 on the 31st of Aug though but no matter :)

I'm finding it not too bad so far but run/gym it regularly. My gluts and shoulders have been a little painful in the mornings though so its working!

Good luck everyone!
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Had decided as September was 30days it would be ideal to do the Shred so would love to join this thread.

Day one and two completed - why haven't I lost 14lbs yet?????

Person who asked re how many days at each - thought I would go - if doing well/easily up a level or after 10days - whichever shortest x

ps took weight and measurements - no photies for this lady!!!!!!!
  • owls4eva
    owls4eva Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Level 1 done. Found the cardio a lot harder than yesterday, missed a couple of jumping jacks on 2nd and 3rd circuits. Used heavier weights today and got through all the strength ok. My god those last few bicycle crunches are a killer!

When people say they are using 5lb weights, is that 5lb each hand or 5lb altogether?
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Did did Level 1 Day 1 last night...and I actually was able to keep up. :blushing:

The jumping jacks didnt kill me and although I was using 5 pounds weights I only had to rest a few times.....this is so much better than my last try. Only issue is that I find the cardio is done so slowly I find myself going faster than the girls in the butt kicks especially.
  • jcg926
    jcg926 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Today is day 5 of Level 1 for me. I am going to increase my hand weights to 5lbs for the rows and flys I think. I have to substitute more butt kicks for the jump rope. On the 4th day, I finally got the shin splints I remember from the first time I did the shred! Eek!
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    To answer some of the questions asked: I am going to do 10 days on each level OR level up when I feel ready. Also I use a 5lb dumbbell in each hand and 8lb in each for a couple of the exercises. ( For those new to 30DS or weight lifting I recommend starting 5lb or lighter, I made it half through 30DS in July and then stopped due to family death, but also I did P90X before that, so I feel like my muscles are ready for the heavier weights....maybe.... :) )

Day 2 done with the help of my Maine Coon cat. I did everything, but she shortened a couple of the exercises when she bit me on the ankle. Little turd! Happy Friday everyone!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of round 2 done! Nothing too exciting to report... :yawn:

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • sjgreathouse
    Options
    I just finished Day 2, level 1 and I am hoping this pays off, the thing I struggle with the most is doing push ups!! so I hope with each work out it gets better!!!
  • AmygdalaMarie
    AmygdalaMarie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Day 2 (really my fourth day, but started back at zero in my mind) of level 1 complete.
  • Codyinaz623
    Options
    I had every intention of starting this but then my husband decided that we were going camping in the cool pines for the weekend instead of enduring another 112 degree day. We will be back late Sunday so I will start (I know a little behind) on Monday but I need your help and support. Have a safe a fantastic holiday weekend!
  • nyriesha
    Options
    I'm a day late to join.. but I'd like to join this as well. I technically started on Monday. (Level 1 is really hard on my knees, so I skipped right to level 2. I figure I will do level 2 for 15 days and then move to level 3)

Sept 2nd, 2011
    Weight 272 lbs
    Bust 45"
    Waist 43.5"
    Hips 53"
    Thigh 24
    Arm 15"

Let's do this thing!
  • ShannaKayB
    ShannaKayB Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 done. Already feeling some change in my arms for sure. I hate those ones where you do the side lunge thing and raise the weights up to your eyes. That's the only part that I really struggle with. Not that the rest of it isn't tough. I'm hoping to stay on track this weekend but it will be tough as my husband and I are hosting our annual slip n' slide party (for grownups). :) Either way, hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • yad97
    yad97 Posts: 43
    Options
    Had a good day with exercise, but a hard day with food. I'm on L1D2 (round 2) and kicked up the weights - so my arms are sore tonight! I'm heading out of town for the weekend which makes me nervous on how to keep my intake in check. I will still make the workouts happen.

Also, I'm doing a no dessert and no chips month (tortilla chips are my obsession!). I better not look at any while I am out of town!
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i will got it through post today now need to purchase dumbells

I suggest getting more than one weight... I got 5lbs but they were too heavy for some of the stuff, so I also got 3lbs... Better to switch over to lighter dumbbells when you get tired, than to just not be able to keep doing it at all =)

i did it last night for the first time, and i did not have dumbbels so i did not use any... and i still felt like i got a more than ample workout! i'm hoping to work up to the dumbbells. i think they'd be too much for me right now!
  • Amandalovesfood89
    Options
    I'm on Level 1 Day 4..... is it too late to join??
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Started round 2 (did it in August) today with Level 1. Funny how hard Level 1 is after doing Levels 2 and 3 for so long! Definitely works some different muscles!