What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Options

Replies

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Cake is crumbly and not worth it. CHEESECAKE however is different. Graham cracker crust omg
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Don't like seafood

That's two of us: I wish I did, though.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    alexmose wrote: »
    Cake is crumbly and not worth it. CHEESECAKE however is different. Graham cracker crust omg

Cake is tricky... not big on cake in general, but carrot cake? YUP. Death by chocolate?? Count me in. Lava?? heck yeah. But red velvet... meh... coffee cake? no thanks.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

Cake is tricky... not big on cake in general, but carrot cake? YUP. Death by chocolate?? Count me in. Lava?? heck yeah. But red velvet... meh... coffee cake? no thanks.

I thought I saw you posted a lot of gourmet cake photos in here though? But no to COFFEE CAKE?! I loveeeeee coffee cake. (Only ones like this with tons of cinnamon streusel topping.) I agree though about cake. I am also not a fan of cake except carrot or cheesecake. I'd take cookies over cake anyday. 83qpntoouhaj.png

3erc4tmjhs6a.png

5deb7jlud8ve.png
    3tkrsljt8scg.png

• Mrsindepenant1
    Mrsindepenant1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Red meat is great! So many people hate it. Our body’s can tolerate red meat in almost any form including raw. I don’t see anyone doing well off raw chicken 🤷‍♀️
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Butter on pancakes is disgusting
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

Not disgusting, IMO, but entirely pointless--adds nothing, and therefore a waste of cals.
  • lemurcat2
    edited February 2020
    Options

Pie is better than cake, but of cake, carrot cake and coffee cake are both among the best.

I'll pass on red velvet, as well as lava, and death by chocolate. Too much chocolate and more chocolate ruins a cake IMO.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

Omg I love butter and whipped cream on pancakes! They taste so much better. Worth the cals everytime :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Red meat is great! So many people hate it. Our body’s can tolerate red meat in almost any form including raw. I don’t see anyone doing well off raw chicken 🤷‍♀️

I'll reply to your unpopular opinion with an unpopular opinion of my own: it doesn't matter what my body can tolerate, red meat tastes like feet unless processed beyond recognition or the flavor is drowned out by sauces and additives. My body can tolerate many things, but it doesn't mean I'll eat anything.
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    First I've heard of liking red meat as being an unpopular opinion anyway. I understand there are people who dislike it, but most IME seem to enjoy the taste.

I suppose that in general raw fish is more popular than raw beef, but steak is still more popular than fish, I'd bet (and I love most fish).
  • autumjo14
    autumjo14 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Biscuits are disgusting.. I'm talking about American biscuits.. so dry and no taste.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    autumjo14 wrote: »
    Biscuits are disgusting.. I'm talking about American biscuits.. so dry and no taste.

Unless they are hot out of the oven and slathered in honey butter...
  • gremloBBPT
    gremloBBPT Posts: 51 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    My fellow dislikers of cake! That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread. I've not met others before who dislike it. Some of it is only meh--rather than disliked--and I do enjoy some (coffee cake is a winner with me), but usually I don't like it. I loathe most frostings, way too sweet.

I also don't like soda and find most mass produced desserts here in the US grossly sweet/tasteless beyond sugar.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

Pie is better than cake, but of cake, carrot cake and coffee cake are both among the best.

I'll pass on red velvet, as well as lava, and death by chocolate. Too much chocolate and more chocolate ruins a cake IMO.

thats-impossible.jpg
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    gremloBBPT wrote: »
    My fellow dislikers of cake! That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread. I've not met others before who dislike it. Some of it is only meh--rather than disliked--and I do enjoy some (coffee cake is a winner with me), but usually I don't like it. I loathe most frostings, way too sweet.

I also don't like soda and find most mass produced desserts here in the US grossly sweet/tasteless beyond sugar.

Yes, I can't stand supermarket birthday cake and when I bake I often reduce the sugar by 1/3 - 1/2.

My JOC recipe for cream cheese frosting gives a range for the powdered sugar:

"Feel free to vary the amount of confectioner's sugar to taste. We have seen recipes with as little as 1 teaspoon and as much as 1/2 C sugar per ounce of cream cheese."

The recipe calls for 8 oz cream cheese, an optional 6 T butter, and 3 C sugar - I use 2 C sugar. My Mom uses honey and much less, which is why I am making the cake for my brother's birthday :smiley:
  • gremloBBPT
    Options
    autumjo14 wrote: »

Unless they are hot out of the oven and slathered in honey butter...

I love biscuits. I'd rather have a biscuit with honey butter than cake for my bday. I should bake a giant biscuit with a honey butter filling and serve that for my bday.
  • gremloBBPT
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Yes, I can't stand supermarket birthday cake and when I bake I often reduce the sugar by 1/3 - 1/2.

Ugh, supermarket bday cake. :s Sorry, this might be obvious, but what's a "JOC" recipe?
  • lemurcat2
    edited February 2020
    Options

Bad cake is bad, and I'm a most cake is meh person, but good cake is good, and IMO good cake does not have super sweet icing. There are a variety of icing options out there.

Every once in a while some poster appears who seems to think the average person eats tons of cake, and my reaction is always "where would we be getting all this cake." Basically, if it's not homemade by someone skilled or from a good bakery, it's not something I'd bother with. I don't think it's ever crossed my mind to buy cake from the grocery store bakery section. I'm too picky about cake (and certain other desserts too) for that.