The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    Happy Monday all...hope you all had a great weekend. Spent mine at the pool watching my oldest in a swim tournament. Maybe I should take up swimming they all have so many muscles and can eat like horses!! Of course they are teenage boys...sooo...haha.

Swimmers are so super fit it's such an amazing full body exercise. That's why everyone is so hungry after swimming!

I was just buying bathing suits today. I had 2.5 hours this morning to get groceries and bathing suits. With our schools striking twice a week lately I have to make the most of my time. Next up.....curling
  • T4RB
    T4RB Posts: 15 Member
    Greetings from East Central Indiana all.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    I cry trying on bathing suits...so stressful. I just need to put on my big girl panties (bikini bottoms?) and deal with it !!!!

You can do it! No one cares/notices... we are just too critical and hard on ourselves.....easier said than done!!
    Ive never been a summer/bathing suit fan....even when I was younger..of course, I want to knock myself out and wish as a teen and in my 20's I didn't give a *kitten* and ran around in a bikini all day ..LOL

Chilly rainy here day in Jersey.....ran some errands...kids are older but still got them something small for vday :)

Hope everyone is well!
    Kim

• AliNouveau
    I cry trying on bathing suits...so stressful. I just need to put on my big girl panties (bikini bottoms?) and deal with it !!!!

There are lots of tankinis this year at the store I like to shop at and they are like loose outer parts of them. So i got like this little crop top one that is loose so it hides a lot. Then lots of bottoms are high waisted although I don't like those I always feel fatter in them so I will pair this with some bottoms I have
    This is the top it is awesome https://www.lavieenrose.com/en/solid-crop-cami-bikini-top-black-150416
  • kimber0607
    AliNouveau wrote: »

There are lots of tankinis this year at the store I like to shop at and they are like loose outer parts of them. So i got like this little crop top one that is loose so it hides a lot. Then lots of bottoms are high waisted although I don't like those I always feel fatter in them so I will pair this with some bottoms I have
    This is the top it is awesome https://www.lavieenrose.com/en/solid-crop-cami-bikini-top-black-150416

Top is so cute!
    I don't stress over 2 piece....tons of one piece that can still be sexy etc
  • AliNouveau
    kimber0607 wrote: »

Top is so cute!

I've got lots of barhings suits I was just pulling them out of my drawer as I looked for workout shorts haha. I usually get at least one new one per trip. Usually I'm playing in a pool with the boy or snorkelling So i like sportier ones for that so I don't feel like I'm falling out and I have a propensity to burn. ☹️
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Good morning! Hope everyone has a great day today!
  • JigglyNarwhal
    JigglyNarwhal Posts: 2 Member
    Turning 49 this year, feeling every bit of it but trying to reverse some of it 😂😂
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member

That is super cute!! the suit I have right now (I only have one because I rarely get in the water) is pink and black and flowers and looks like an old gramma suit. Maybe that's why I never get in the water???
  • kimber0607

Top is so cute!

I've got lots of barhings suits I was just pulling them out of my drawer as I looked for workout shorts haha. I usually get at least one new one per trip. Usually I'm playing in a pool with the boy or snorkelling So i like sportier ones for that so I don't feel like I'm falling out and I have a propensity to burn. ☹️

I hear ya! I'm pale myself :)
    Ive avoided the sun since my early 20's..Im the goofball under an umbrella most fo the time..but when I go into the pool/ocean etc I put on my huge embarrassing floppy hat..so sexy and the kids love it..LOLOLOL
  • AliNouveau

Top is so cute!

I hear ya! I'm pale myself :)
    Ive avoided the sun since my early 20's..Im the goofball under an umbrella most fo the time..but when I go into the pool/ocean etc I put on my huge embarrassing floppy hat..so sexy and the kids love it..LOLOLOL

I end up the second day wearing a t shirt over my bathing suit and being doused in aloe because no matter how careful I am i just can't avoid it. It's annoying
  • AliNouveau

That is super cute!! the suit I have right now (I only have one because I rarely get in the water) is pink and black and flowers and looks like an old gramma suit. Maybe that's why I never get in the water???

It's very forgiving hides the flaws.
    I can't swim and water splashing in my face scares me but I will brave the surf and a pool cause it's boring just laying on a beach or beside a pool hahah. I need to branch out to colours I guess
  • DebbieKar1968
    DebbieKar1968 Posts: 5 Member
    Im a 52 yr old woman that needs, has to loose about 100 lbs. Im Canadian. Im on the list for weight loss surgery but I hope to not have to do it. If I can do it by myself. No surgery. Id like to find people like minded to help keep each other accountable...daily I hope.
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Hi, 45 and in denial!
  • Nanaluvs2sweat
    Nanaluvs2sweat Posts: 97 Member
    Hi y’all! I’m 47 and I am from TN. Looking for motivated friends. I had a very active lifestyle up until about 5 years ago and in the past 4 I managed to reach an all time “worst shape of my life” status. But....since Jan I have started to get my old self back. I’m already down almost 20 lbs. I am active. Eating right. My blood pressure is normal again and I already feel amazing! Feel free to add me!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,104 Member

THIS is the swimming suit I will be wearing soon (the 3mm version)

kuw22wriyjz4.png

I've never had a suit like this; I usually use a drysuit or sometimes my 7mm suit that has a built-in hood and 5mm vest. At 3mm, even this one might be "too warm" for 80-degree water. But I won't get cold! And it will protect most of my body from jelly stings. I might even add some thin gloves, like those nitrile-coated cotton ones. I hate getting stung.
  • kimber0607
    Hi y’all! I’m 47 and I am from TN. Looking for motivated friends. I had a very active lifestyle up until about 5 years ago and in the past 4 I managed to reach an all time “worst shape of my life” status. But....since Jan I have started to get my old self back. I’m already down almost 20 lbs. I am active. Eating right. My blood pressure is normal again and I already feel amazing! Feel free to add me!

Awesome...keep up the good work!