The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Good morning all! New month, new goals, new realization that I have the power to achieve what I want but not the discipline.

Wife came in for the weekend, so had dinner out last night. Good to go out, but I think I could have been just as satisfied with a pizza and a night in.

And at some point this morning, I have to step on the scale to see how January went.

Anyone else looking at the February calendar and setting some goals?

Yep!
    1) Walk 75 miles
    2) Lose 6 lbs
    3) Do a Zombies, Run episode every day with optional on Sunday
    4) Strength training every day with optional on Sunday
    5) Walk to Transitions at least once (It's just a couple of blocks away)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend all.
    Who's going to watch the super bowl tomorrow???
  • luckymommy27
    luckymommy27 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Not completely middle aged, lol! 32 years old here! Add me if youd like! I'm working on shedding 20 pounds by June. SLOW and steady!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    It's been a great start to the week for me!
    Had a fantastic curling game today, making chicken tikka masala and naan. It's a great day!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    sdereski wrote: »
    So bloody cold here. It was -50C with the windchill this morning. -40C without windchill.
    No workout yesterday, but I did make it to the gym today. :)

Seriously!! That -50C seems unimaginable. For me in the Caribbean, we complain if it drops to +20C, so I can't even begin to relate to your situation.

LOL!! +20C is our summer!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday my m age peeps it been awhile so hopr ever one is well!!
  • si001979
    si001979 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi all, only as old as you feel right...?!
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Have a great Tuesday all!
  • si001979
    si001979 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Anna28518 wrote: »
    Have a great Tuesday all!

Back at ya!
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Morning M'agers. Get your workout done!
  • Anna022119
    Options
    dkjk1105 wrote: »
    Morning M'agers. Get your workout done!

Did that hours ago! ;-)
  • jayne7470
    jayne7470 Posts: 87 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    45 tomorrow 🥺 at the start of my journey #fitfor50
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    47 from North Yorkshire.

Like eating & cycling; I do too much of one & not enough of the other :D

Went Vegan in Oct 2014 & haven't looked back.

I log in daily. Feel free to add if you wish :)
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    Hello M'agers (I like that. Whoever started that bravo!). I was in Charleston and Tampa on vacation for 2 weeks. I'm up about 8 pounds from when I left. I continued to lift while I was on vacation but my eating far outweighed my activity level. I'll get it under control. It was good to get back into the swing of things yesterday.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    Behold. The worlds ugliest man with the worlds most beautiful woman. Yes. I married way up.
    Tonight was a dance organized by my 16 years old daughter to raise scholarship money for her youth group. She was in charge of the whole thing. She had to organize it, advertise it, be responsible to ticket sales, decorations, food, etc. she put a team together and went to town. The night was a cracking success raising over $2,200 after expenses. All for the girls’ scholarship fund. To say I’m a proud dad is an understatement.

You should be proud of yourself, proud of your beautiful wife and most of all be proud of the exceptional daughter you have raised. Bravo!
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Boba_14626 wrote: »
    Hello M'agers (I like that. Whoever started that bravo!). I was in Charleston and Tampa on vacation for 2 weeks. I'm up about 8 pounds from when I left. I continued to lift while I was on vacation but my eating far outweighed my activity level. I'll get it under control. It was good to get back into the swing of things yesterday.

Getting back to a normal routine should drop the vacation weight pretty quickly.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Boba_14626 wrote: »
    Behold. The worlds ugliest man with the worlds most beautiful woman. Yes. I married way up.
    Tonight was a dance organized by my 16 years old daughter to raise scholarship money for her youth group. She was in charge of the whole thing. She had to organize it, advertise it, be responsible to ticket sales, decorations, food, etc. she put a team together and went to town. The night was a cracking success raising over $2,200 after expenses. All for the girls’ scholarship fund. To say I’m a proud dad is an understatement.

You should be proud of yourself, proud of your beautiful wife and most of all be proud of the exceptional daughter you have raised. Bravo!

I’m incredibly proud. Thank you.
  • Time4me2day
    Time4me2day Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are all on the young end of this group... I'll anchor down the older end.

I'm with you @armyguygrunt
  • Anna022119
    Options
    HHD peeps, let's get those workouts in!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    jayne7470 wrote: »
    45 tomorrow 🥺 at the start of my journey #fitfor50

I hope you have a fabulous birthday! Good luck on your fitness journey!

53 yesterday. You still have a long way to go. :)