The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Hello i am 48 please add me need some motivation lost it all over xmas and want to be accountable for my eating and walking again.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,129 Member
    drmwc wrote: »
    I have been attempting to not eat foods with processed sugar in them. I think I've been broadly successful at this.

I failed on Friday, I think my first slip in a year.

I was at a Michelin mentioned restaurant, having the six course taster menu. It seemed rude not to partake. The offending dish was a bannoffee, nutmeg and caramelised pecan thing. It was delicious.

Failed? Nope! You're doing just great. So you made a conscious decision to have something you've been keeping off your plate successfully for a year? It was delicious? Sounds like a well reasoned decision to take a little side trip from your journey. Nothing lost. No failure. Hey - don't wait a whole year next time :smile:
  • Yeah, that's no failure. I applaud your decision to wait for something TRULY tasty to appear before deciding to have sugar. Why waste sugar on crappy things? Eat the good stuff.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    I'm stuffed. And I don't even know the names or calorie content of some of the things I ate at a friend's house today.
  • @TonyB0588: Don't worry too much about it. Tomorrow is another day, and one day doesn't screw everything up permanently. Heck, I never go over, and I went over today because darnit, I wanted STEAK fajitas tonight and to heck with the calorie count. Tomorrow I'll stay under, no problem.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    That's super cool Ali. Super cool-whip. Cool beans!

Apparently you can freeze it a la cool whip
    It was really cool. I've read the science behind it. How the heck would something think hey let's try whipping up chickpea juice

How does it taste?
    Im hesitant to even try it, cool as it sounds

It was very light like foamy. I added sugar but basically they're tasteless

You can use it at a substitute for meringue so I'll try baking with it next. I know a girl who is vegan she can be the guinea pig

so can it be completely unsweetened or sweetened totally with a alternate sweetener? Regular meringue has to have at least part sugar to stabalize the egg whites, and if I can get by with using bean juice instead of egg whites in my dad's lemon meringue pies, all the better, since he's diabetic. and I won't tell him either....... lol
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    @TonyB0588: Don't worry too much about it. Tomorrow is another day, and one day doesn't screw everything up permanently. Heck, I never go over, and I went over today because darnit, I wanted STEAK fajitas tonight and to heck with the calorie count. Tomorrow I'll stay under, no problem.

today was my sister's birthday, and she requested my mom's lasagna. Mom doesn't even begin to care about trying to make anything a little healthy, and it was loaded with cheese and homemade pasta. I counted Olive Garden's classic lasagna to try to cover that part, and I did take over my vinaigrette dressing to use. I will say that she did very well with the red velvet cake, making it a sheet cake and cutting it into 20 slices instead of 10. I ate a slice of lasanga, a slice of cake, and then politely refused to take any leftovers home with me.

So I was over today by a lot, but still under maintenance, so I figure that counts as a consolation prize in my book.

Unfortunately, while the lasagna was very, very good, I've had indigestion from it all evening. The darn onions are haunting me......

This Wednesday, I have to attend budget meetings which will have catered lunch provided (the company big-shots are at this meeting). I found out what the menu is but can't even begin to try to calculate it and I know its going to be calorie laden anyway, so my plan is to take my own lunch and hopefully keep the damage to a minimum.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    That's super cool Ali. Super cool-whip. Cool beans!

Apparently you can freeze it a la cool whip
    It was really cool. I've read the science behind it. How the heck would something think hey let's try whipping up chickpea juice

How does it taste?
    Im hesitant to even try it, cool as it sounds

It was very light like foamy. I added sugar but basically they're tasteless

You can use it at a substitute for meringue so I'll try baking with it next. I know a girl who is vegan she can be the guinea pig

so can it be completely unsweetened or sweetened totally with a alternate sweetener? Regular meringue has to have at least part sugar to stabalize the egg whites, and if I can get by with using bean juice instead of egg whites in my dad's lemon meringue pies, all the better, since he's diabetic. and I won't tell him either....... lol

I'm not sure I just was experimenting. It doesn't last long and it is very delicate. I just thought it was really cool. I have texture issues so I wouldn't really eat it as a dessert
  • Hi I am 36 and my goal is to lose 65lbs in a year. I am on a low carb diet with a focus on macros (C25:F40:P35) & doing intermittent fasting (16:8 or 13:11).
    Feel free to add me as I don't know how to do that on the phone app.

All the best to everyone on the health, wellness and weight loss journey.
  • Anna58NZ
    Anna58NZ Posts: 6 Member
    Hey im 42 from Newzealand, feel free to add me :smile:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Good morning Middle-agers, hope you all have a successful week. :)
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Good morning everyone, have a great week!
  • AnneParker1981
    AnneParker1981 Posts: 13 Member
    You all can add me if you want but only for fitness purposes. I’m not looking for dates 🥴🥴
  • mada2u1984
    mada2u1984 Posts: 109 Member
    I turn 38 in August, Married and have 4 little ones. So what do we do in this little club lol
  • SFnBald
    SFnBald Posts: 134 Member
    My countdown is on to 50 this year. This isn’t the shape I imagined I would be in at this point I my life but I’m trying to fix that and head into my 50’s with a better outlook
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    edited February 2020
    When do you all decide to donate all of your clothes in that particular size that is too big for you?

Or do you all have one back up in that size that is too big for you because you fluctuate with time of the month menstruation or holiday treats?

Or do you even keep a back up two sizes bigger than what you are now?

Or do you just donate it all and never look back?
  • WorkMyGoals
    WorkMyGoals Posts: 622 Member
    epangili wrote: »
    When do you all decide to donate all of your clothes in that particular size that is too big for you?

Or do you all have one back up in that size that is too big for you because you fluctuate with time of the month menstruation or holiday treats?

If I’ve been lucky enough to keep the weight off for at least three months straight then I get rid of it.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    epangili wrote: »

I should donate some clothes. I've gone from a 36 inch waist to a 28 inches over the last year, so a bunch of my old clothes are kind of like tents. I haven't got around to doing it yet, but it would free up quite a lot of cupboard space.
  • donsenna
    donsenna Posts: 6 Member
    Hey everyone. 41 years here. Keen to join.
  • YellowD0gs
    YellowD0gs Posts: 693 Member
    Good morning all. More snow on the way today, don't forget the mittens.