The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Monday all. We are in the midst of a blizzard. We haven't had a good one like this in years. Guess my exercise will consist of shovelling

Be safe with the shoveling. You don’t want to throw out your curling arm after all. 😁
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all. We are in the midst of a blizzard. We haven't had a good one like this in years. Guess my exercise will consist of shovelling

Be safe with the shoveling. You don’t want to throw out your curling arm after all. 😁

Haha. The sweeping arm is always injured anyway. It's still coming down. Instead of shoveling I'm making cookies
  • danaph3681
    danaph3681 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Back on MFP for first time since probably 2016. Just needed to get back to tracking my macros to make sure I am getting all the "good good" out of my meals. Looking forward to kicking it with everyone on here!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    So bloody cold here. It was -50C with the windchill this morning. -40C without windchill.
    No workout yesterday, but I did make it to the gym today. :)
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    So bloody cold here. It was -50C with the windchill this morning. -40C without windchill.

Holy crap woman where do you live??

Ira been snowing here since noon. Projected to stop at 3am then drop to like - 20C. It's Snomageddon!!! I think we'll be pushing 25cm of snow easily
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options

Ira been snowing here since noon. Projected to stop at 3am then drop to like - 20C. It's Snomageddon!!! I think we'll be pushing 25cm of snow easily

I live in Northern Ontario - on Superior's north shore. We had cold, then holy snow! and then bitter cold. It has warmed ip 10 degrees today. Still cold, but more tolerable.

That is a crap load of snow in less than 24 hours! Whoa!
  • AliNouveau
    Options

I live in Northern Ontario - on Superior's north shore. We had cold, then holy snow! and then bitter cold. It has warmed ip 10 degrees today. Still cold, but more tolerable.

That is a crap load of snow in less than 24 hours! Whoa!

oh geez no wonder it's cold!!! haha It's a beautiful area though My mom used to plan road trips up there for us since she liked the scenery. I've been through Wawa too many times for a Souther Ontarian. haha
    We got like 30 cm I think of snow here in Toronto. I feel like it was 10 feet. We had to shove all the snow from the driveway on our front lawn. There's your wall Mr. South of the border!!!! hahahahaha
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

Seriously!! That -50C seems unimaginable. For me in the Caribbean, we complain if it drops to +20C, so I can't even begin to relate to your situation.
  • Garryowen28
    Garryowen28 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello. I’m a young 59. I have returned, after a year of absence. I’m 3 wks into a daily regiment between power walking with added 20lbs weight (periodic jogging of 100 yards) and strength training (dead weights). Very determined. Goals: Lose 20 pounds (goal is 184), tone and strengthening to care for self and disabled spouse. I welcome advice and suggested resources on exercise, diet, and nutrition (calorie goal, macro tracking, nutrition). Thanks. (Apology for the lengthy note.)
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Only single digit temps tonight but plenty of snow squalls and high winds. It sounds like a hurrricane outside my house. It’s a good night for an early bedtime.
  • robhowardfitness
    robhowardfitness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    45 Sydney Australia.....Add me as a friend.
  • dirnali
    dirnali Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Getting close to 40! Could really use all the help i can get! Lover of animals, crafts and art. Feel free to add me 😊
  • Fishmeister88
    Fishmeister88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    31 this year. South African. Can't get enough of fitness.
  • nisa7210
    nisa7210 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nearly 47. ☺️ Still need to lose weight since quitting smoking 6 years ago. Will it ever go? =_=
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    nisa7210 wrote: »
    Nearly 47. ☺️ Still need to lose weight since quitting smoking 6 years ago. Will it ever go? =_=

It will best thing you could do for yourself. I quit about 15 years now. Good job and I am sure you can reach your fitness goal as well!!💪

• armyguygrunt
    armyguygrunt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are all on the young end of this group... I'll anchor down the older end.
  • d3e4
    d3e4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Me
  • nisie3
    nisie3 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    39 feel free to add me :)
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! February is finally here!
    Had an empty gym to play in this morning. That was a great start to the day.
    Now where is the coffee?!
    :)